• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Is there a player in sport that has ever had Brady's competitiveness and desire to win?
Yeah the Brooklyn Brawler.

In seriousness though Brady is the GOAT but Tampa front office deserves huge credit. Look at weapons they gave Brady

Yeah the Brooklyn Brawler.

In seriousness though Brady is the GOAT but Tampa front office deserves huge credit. Look at weapons they gave Brady
Brady gave them a lot of those weapons too it must be said. Everyone who scored last night wasn't on the team last year. Gronk and AB both came to Tampa to play with Brady. Probably also true of Fournette. They did a great job building the defence and building a team, but players will go out of their way to play with Brady.

Brady gave them a lot of those weapons too it must be said. Everyone who scored last night wasn't on the team last year. Gronk and AB both came to Tampa to play with Brady. Probably also true of Fournette. They did a great job building the defence and building a team, but players will go out of their way to play with Brady.
True. Not taking anything away from Brady. More kudos to GM for assembling

True. Not taking anything away from Brady. More kudos to GM for assembling
This is true and why I like the NFL. They've achieved something close to parity (which the other american leagues claim to have but don't, especially the NBA). It's entirely possible to go from also rans to Champions in a few years with good management, and this Bucs team are a perfect exanple of that. Can't underestimate the role Brady had too though, maybe even more so off field than on it.

Is there a player in sport that has ever had Brady's competitiveness and desire to win?

Jack Nicklaus in golf. I highly doubt Tiger Woods will break or even tie Nicklaus record of 18 majors. Nicklaus was super competitive and played with an eagle's eye.

1612843474818.png
The pass was incomplete, but Mahomes threw it 30 yards at a weird side angle. Amazing!

Got to admit, very disappointed with Saints going for Hill and Winston. Hill isn't a top level QB, he's a jack of all trades. Winston is a liability at best and a car crash at worst. We need a top level QB whether that be a draft pick or a trade.

Michael Jordan maybe. Although Brady seems to be able to do it without being a d*** so I'd give him the edge.
Michael Jordan, definitely, and while he does come across as a dick, let's not forget that Brady is buddies with the orange scum sucker who we finally got out of DC and intentionally displayed "MAGA" hats during interviews. Gimme MJ any day. :)

Rafa Nadal for tennis. He'll likely break Federer's 20 record next month. 13 And probably 14 Roland Garros ***les or at any slam is just off the charts and will never be broken IMO. Best competitor in tennis even when he's lost a set 6-0 he'll refocus and not let it get to him.

Rafa Nadal for tennis. He'll likely break Federer's 20 record next month. 13 And probably 14 Roland Garros ***les or at any slam is just off the charts and will never be broken IMO. Best competitor in tennis even when he's lost a set 6-0 he'll refocus and not let it get to him.
Would agree. In football or any team sport you have others to rely on. But tennis is individual and so demanding. Rafa gets forgotten because of injuries which make him in and out but can be argued that makes his story more impressive

New season starting this week.

My Superbowl pick is 49ers over Chiefs

Super Bowl LVI is at the newly built SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.

New season starting this week.

My Superbowl pick is 49ers over Chiefs

Super Bowl LVI is at the newly built SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles.
I've got the Packers over the Chiefs in the Super Bowl and I live in SoCal a couple hours drive to SoFi stadium. I'm a Packers fan and shareholder, so I pick 'em every year. ;)

Last edited:
Optimistic enough about the Rams this year, if the Stafford trade works out as hoped it could push us into the territory of genuine contenders. If not us, then the Packers or the 49ers (big question marks on them after last year though) are the best bet for the NFC, don't see the Bucs going back to back personally.

The AFC could be really interesting if the Chiefs can be toppled, loads of really good teams there, including the long-suffering Bills and Browns. It'll take one of them going up a level or the Chiefs falling off a bit for it to be competitive though.

Nobody giving the Bucs a chance? Green Bay are literally in last chance saloon. Big rebuild will start next year regardless and think #12 is in for 1 last run

I see conference playoffs of Bucs @ Packers and Bills @ Chiefs. I'm not sure my Saints will make Divisional round

Buccaneers have returned every start right? Very hard to bet against them at least making the NFC Championship.

Nobody giving the Bucs a chance? Green Bay are literally in last chance saloon. Big rebuild will start next year regardless and think #12 is in for 1 last run
Repeating is really hard, obviously they've done the best they can by keeping every starter but I still don't buy into it for whatever reason.

Latest posts