• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Sunday, February 5th
Super_Bowl_LVII_logo.png

Philadelphia Eagles vs Kansas City Chiefs

Last edited:
Andy Reid Bowl. I wish Spagnuolo every success in shutting down a mobile QB but agree the Eagles appear to be the better team. A real shame Purdy got injured for the 49ers and they had to go with their 4th string QB.

Being a wimp now I'll be using the joy of flexitime to get up at 6am and watch it 'as live'.

Most Pundits on Sky sports picking Eagles to win tonight. The rest of the world had their World Cup final last year, now for the annual American one.

Decent match but no sacks (or even half sacks, Hurts just dropped the ball). Such a shame for a great finale to be destroyed by an incredibly marginal call by an umpire. Let the guys play for crying out loud.

Highlight was seeing Rhianna manage to sing with no change in volume while turning the back of her head to the mic. Lip syncing ain't hard hen!

Decent match but no sacks (or even half sacks, Hurts just dropped the ball). Such a shame for a great finale to be destroyed by an incredibly marginal call by an umpire. Let the guys play for crying out loud.

Highlight was seeing Rhianna manage to sing with no change in volume while turning the back of her head to the mic. Lip syncing ain't hard hen!
James Bradberry (the Eagles cornerback who was penalized) said the ref got the call right. Kudos to him for speaking up. 👍

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35649481/eagles-cb-cops-holding-hoping-let-slide

Last edited:
James Bradberry (the Eagles cornerback who was penalized) said the ref got the call right. Kudos to him for speaking up. 👍

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35649481/eagles-cb-cops-holding-hoping-let-slide
Thanks. Apparently the penalty was for his unseen right hand, not the completely innocuous left hand as shown in the only angle repeatedly shown on broadcast (which all commentators assumed was the offending hand). So Bradberry and the broadcasters are the ones at fault. If they'd have shown the informative reverse angle (which I still can't find now) on the broadcast then it wouldn't have been so deflating and maddening (although I saw no impact on the receivers movement personally). I wanted the Eagles to lose, so at least now I know it's not totally unjust.

Both the XFL and USFL have had players move up to the NFL, so that's why I'm sharing this news. I hope it works out, there's a lot of jobs at stake.

1695925774312.png

I cannot believe Dan Jones got a $160 million contract from the Giants. That's on a whole new level of weirdness to Cleveland breaking the bank for their middling (and molesting QB). It is possibly the single weirdest signing/contract I've heard of in sport. I would have offered him one year at decent money, with an option of a second year at less and let him walk if he could do better elsewhere.

Week one he rallies the Giants offence to 0 points. :D

Latest posts