• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

For any Irish guys - rumours the Jets are coming to Ireland as part of a camp of some sort in early July. Presume it more a marketing gig but strange that they'd come here over say a more established NFL area like UK or Spain

How do people feel about the first round?

Lions pick was a boring one but looks set to be a pretty good one all things considered.

Disappointed Barkley went to NY... kinda wanted to support whatever team he went to... don't like NY for some reason.

Raiders went an odd route and an unexpected one with their first round. A few guys we would have liked were gone by ten so we traded back and took..... a tackle, which is a need, but was a reach. When the defense looks shocking and there's a lot of defensive stars still on the board. We did trade the third we got for the trade back for Martavis Bryant who is good, but was also apparently a locker room issue for the Steelers.
Browns ****** us a bit (and inevitably themselves I bet) by letting Chubb go to the Broncos and taking Denzel Ward who we probably would have liked. Honestly the Browns went a weird route again. Who knows how Mayfield pans out. Also wouldn't be draft day if some player's draft stock isn't damaged (barely I know) by Twitter.
Also Lamar Jackson drafted from the death in the first round.

How do people feel about the first round?

Lions pick was a boring one but looks set to be a pretty good one all things considered.

It certainly wasn't a glamorous pick, but i think it will turn out to be a good pick. He's a 10 year stater from day 1.

Lions fans were crying out for a offensive linesman/Edge guy. However, Quinn himself professed his priority was to upgrade the run game and we've beefed up the the O/Line with Ragnow and then Tyrell Crosby. Throw in the SEC offensive player of the year in Kerryon Johnson to partner Blount and it takes a lot of pressure off the shoulders of Stafford.

On a side note, if you watch some of Kerryon Johnson's tape, he is a very smart runner. Waits for the blocks to develop then picks his line. He's no Saquon Barkley, but he will do a good job for us!

Apparently off the back of that hit he put in vs Wasps (viral video caught their eye)
I'd never heard of him before and don't think I've seen him since! Fair play though, the money in NFL is insane (Alex Gray getting more for being in the practise squad/not being eligible to play than most rugby players get - minimum salary is $7,200 per WEEK for practise squad players)

Browns also signed a WR from the London NFL club, and two Germans have been picked up by other clubs.

He's a bit like Will Spencer, been around a while, and a monstrous athlete... just had a lot of injuries. He would have been a standout prem player.

So we have Alex Gray with the Falcons and CSW with the steelers.
NFL gradually coming for our players!!!!

Will be interesting to see who they try and get after the RWC.

Christian Scotland Williamson signed by the Steelers. TE
I am going up to Latrobe for a Steelers training camp sometime in the next couple of weeks. I will keep an eye out for him. His size / measurables are a bit out of place for any position. The 40 time above 5 seconds is really bad for a tight end, even if the height and weight are excellent. The Steelers have an offensive tackle who had similar measurables coming out of West Point as a tight end, but gained a bunch of weight to try the line as a pro.
nfl_i_villanuevaa_600x600.jpg

AV.jpg

Tackle is also one of the least mentally challenging positions, so it would be ideal for someone who hasn't played the game before. Tight ends have a bunch more decisions to make. He might not want to gain 50 pounds if he's trying to go back to rugby, though.

Last edited:
Dude looked fine. You could tell his footwork was a bit awkward compared to the other tight ends running the same drills, but I only picked up on that because I knew he had never played before and was specifically trying to compare. He caught all the balls that were thrown to him, but most were against air. There were a few drills where he went against a live defender while I was watching that part of the field and he didn't look out of place. My football career ended at 13 years old though, so what do I know?

The nannies that run Erie County, NY have announced that anybody caught table slamming in the parking lots will be subject to arrest and ejection. It's the end of an era.

Anyone else watching tonight's games.

Rams done well to get back in to it but can't see them getting ahead.

Can't wait for 2nd game. Patrick vs Tom is goijg to be epic at Arrowhead.

Latest posts