• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Carter has everything on Moss

Hands
Brains
Ticker

Moss wouldnt be so good if Carter didnt teach him, EVERYTHING
[/b]

I agree mostly. CHris Carter had the most incredible hands. If he got the tip of a finger on any part of the ball it was a catch... Well not really but it seemed like it. CC did have Anthony Carter with him for a couple seasons in the early 90s if I remember right. Moss is just a freak though. If he had stayed with the Vikes, Brad Johnson would be getting him the ball. Us folks from the middle of the country just don't like all the antics. It does not sit well with the fans. Just shut the hell up and score some TDs...

VIKES ARE 2-0 BABY!!!!! I do not care one bit how ugly it was. A W is a W in the NFL...

yea they barely escaped my panthers.. tough to go dwn 0-2 for us, an interesting tid bit on sports center this morning.. was that only 13 % of teams which started 0-2 have made the playoffs in the last 15 years.. the last team to do it, the 2003 Philly Eagles..

yea and ripper... Cris Carter > Randy Moss > You

haha, No. Like I said, all of Carters numbers are going to be smashed when Moss is done...

And even though it was against the Texans, Manning threw for 400 Yards, while the unstoppable force that is Edgerrin James backed up his First week 76 yards of 27 touches (2.7 YPA) with a breathtaking 64 off 18 touches (3.6 YPA).

Joseph Addai > Edge "I'm **** without Manning" James.

haha, No. Like I said, all of Carters numbers are going to be smashed when Moss is done...

And even though it was against the Texans, Manning threw for 400 Yards, while the unstoppable force that is Edgerrin James backed up his First week 76 yards of 27 touches (2.7 YPA) with a breathtaking 64 off 18 touches (3.6 YPA).

Joseph Addai > Edge "I'm **** without Manning" James.
[/b]

He's not **** because he doesn't have manning. In fact Kurt Warner and that passing attack is almost equal to that of indy's. The only difference is that of course manning is far greater than warner at this point in his career. However Boldin and Fitzgerald are better than Harrison and Wayne. The only reason that Edge is lacking is because the arizona O-line is absolutly terrible. it is in the bottom 5 of worst o-lines, down there with the likes of tampa bay and Oakland. If james had the same line as indy he'd still be averaging 5 yards a carry and this offence would be more productive than indy is.

Indy's line is overated, just look at last years Pittsburgh game.

And Edge never averaged 5 yards a carry, he only once averaged more than 4.4.

haha, No. Like I said, all of Carters numbers are going to be smashed when Moss is done...[/b]

Not sure about that. CC was truly amazing. However, he did turn into a complete a$$hole by the end of his career. I think Moss thought he had a bad thing in MN, but he actually did not know how good he had it.

Indy's line is overated, just look at last years Pittsburgh game.

And Edge never averaged 5 yards a carry, he only once averaged more than 4.4.
[/b]

because we all know that one game defines a teams status.. :rolleyes:

its like saying that if Manning threw.. 12-30 with 0 TD's and 4 INT's that he is a far overrated player :rolleyes:

I was just using that as an example.

The Indy O-Line has always been overrated... bar Jeff Saturday.

I was just using that as an example.

The Indy O-Line has always been overrated... bar Jeff Saturday.
[/b]

What about Terrick Glenn? Or how about that the colts o-line has let in the least number of sacks in the past 3 years?

2005-1st
2004-1st
2003-2nd

And this is playing in front of a guy who doesn't move to well in the pocket. He doesn't have to be micheal vick but he's not even tom brady when it comes to quick movement.

Manning can scoot when he want's too... and the reason they have so few sacks is because of Manning and the fact he can get the ball off so quick.

As well as that, the O-Line seems to go walkabout in the playoffs, look at 2004, Manning had stuff all time in that game against Patriots... and whenever he had a decent amount of time to hit his recievers they kept dropping it

Manning can scoot when he want's too... and the reason they have so few sacks is because of Manning and the fact he can get the ball off so quick.

As well as that, the O-Line seems to go walkabout in the playoffs, look at 2004, Manning had stuff all time in that game against Patriots... and whenever he had a decent amount of time to hit his recievers they kept dropping it
[/b]

Well fist it was against the patriots. Probably the most impressive dynasty of all them simply because they managed to do this under salary restrictions and free agency. And lets not for that their head coach is a genius. He's practically vince lombardi. He discovered how to beat indy. You have a 3-4 defence and bring lots of pressure from the linebackers. Lets add to the fact that peyton mannning is the second biggest choking qb in the history of the league, behind dan fouts. He should have won the big one last year but didn't because he choked away in the first 3 quarters and most of the 4th at home. Peyton manning will never win a championship and it's not because of the o-line, it's not because of the defence and it's not because of the wr's or rb's it's because he can't mentally handle pressure.

Manning goes to 3-0 while the unstoppable force that is the Panthers get a squeaky win and move onto 1-2.

Anyone see Matt Hasselbacks statline? 227 Yards and 5 Touchdowns. Colts/Hawks Superbowl here we come. It would've been it last year if it hadn't been for that liquored up idiot kicker.

Manning goes to 3-0 while the unstoppable force that is the Panthers get a squeaky win and move onto 1-2.

Anyone see Matt Hasselbacks statline? 227 Yards and 5 Touchdowns. Colts/Hawks Superbowl here we come. It would've been it last year if it hadn't been for that liquored up idiot kicker.
[/b]

Well if manning decided to show up for the game it would have been a blowout. too bad he f***ing choked again.

lol, manning what a piece of ****

anyways how about that laughing stock of the nfl.. the cleveland browns

ahahahah, could have won but as usual from that piece of **** team.. they lose 15-14

lol, manning what a piece of ****

anyways how about that laughing stock of the nfl.. the cleveland browns

ahahahah, could have won but as usual from that piece of **** team.. they lose 15-14
[/b]

How about channing frye putting up almost 300 yards passing on the Ravens?!?!?!? That is an impressive feat. Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow also had huge games. Too bad they choked.

yea they did have big games

but... they still are ****

charlie had had 9 yards passing in the 4th quarter up until that last drive..

yea they did have big games

but... they still are ****

charlie had had 9 yards passing in the 4th quarter up until that last drive..
[/b]

Winslow, despite his knee problems, is a top tier tightend. He has all the skill and surprisingly has all the athletic ability to surpass numerous tightends. And lest we forget that the tightend position is the new "it" position. Antonio Gates, Gonzalez, Shockey, Heap ect all intergral parts of their offences and are considered in essence number one WR's.

As for Edwards, well by golly he had all the talent coming out of michigan and if it weren't for an unfortunate injury(i think he broke it)and the fact that he had trent dilfer getting him the ball he would have been up for rookie of the year.

As for Frye, well the books are still out on him. He was the best of the "project" qb's and was a complete steal in the 4th round. And really should have been given another year holding the clip board before taking over. However that is not the case so it's really up to him whether this early action develops him into the Qb many believe he can be or whether he falls into obscurity like every other browns Qb.

Good to see Vick is back to his electrifying self, 12/31 for 138 yards. Really proves that he is a big time QB.

Latest posts