• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

Good to see Vick is back to his electrifying self, 12/31 for 138 yards. Really proves that he is a big time QB.
[/b]

Lets not forget here that there was no running game to speak of, he has no wideouts and his o-line got his ass sacked 8 times i believe. He isn't a straight drop back passer and should never be forced into that. His team let him down and he let them down in return.

<div class='quotemain'>
Good to see Vick is back to his electrifying self, 12/31 for 138 yards. Really proves that he is a big time QB.
[/b]

i hope that was sarcasm..
[/b][/quote]
Nah, I was being serious.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Lets not forget here that there was no running game to speak of, he has no wideouts and his o-line got his ass sacked 8 times i believe. He isn't a straight drop back passer and should never be forced into that. His team let him down and he let them down in return.
[/b][/quote]
It's not like the Falcons spent 3 straight First Round Picks on Wideouts.

e5297c8a-cc11-486b-bc08-992f72f5a2e2.jpg

Maybe he will at least be able to get tickets to watch the Superbowl, who knows, the Colts may even let him into the victory party.

Peyton Manning > Tom Brady.

And while Mario Williams hasn't exactly been Julius Peppers the 2nd, Reggie Bush is hardly making the Texans regret their decision, -5 on 11 carries or something like that.

Romosexuals are popping up everywhere...
[/b]

Tony Romo's college had a drinking game where whenever Romo came on the TV you had to drink. I guess they've had to stop that now given he's the starter.

haha, in other news, michael vick is finally on the hot seat..
[/b]

No he's not. Even if Shaub is a better Qb it'll never happen, you wanna know why? Because a black man who runs a 4.3 and as the strongest arm in the league sells tickets. Very few white boys sell tickets and we all know how greedy NFL owners actually are.

I'm trying to pick up American Football again, but since i started going to bed at sensible hours, watching NFL at 1am til god knows when has kinda stopped.
So it's been quite a few years since i've heard anything about it.
Last time i watched it New England Patriots won the superbowl.

What's happened to them now?
Are they still any good?

I never really got into the sport that much.
I began to understand the rules etc. but picking out great players just by watching was something i hadn't done by then.
I did enjoy watching Panthers, Cowboys, but i think i like Tampa Bat the most for some reason (altho i'm surely gonna get slated for that.)

So would anyone mind giving me a basic rookie's intro into the sport as it is today?
Who are the big dogs, who are shite, what players to look out for etc?

Peyton Manning = Best QB in the League
Michael Vick = Most Overated Player
Ray Lewis = Murderer
TO = Team Killer
Chad Johnson aka Ocho Cinco aka #85 = Funniest Player Ever
LaDanian Tolminson = Beast
Tony Romo = Romosexual

[/b]

Yeah, i was reading up.
It sounds like he's been having a cracking set of games to help his team set a new record 9-0.

Although there are a few here that dislike him, i don't know him as a player, but i can't argue with the stats.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Yeah, i was reading up.
It sounds like he's been having a cracking set of games to help his team set a new record 9-0.

Although there are a few here that dislike him, i don't know him as a player, but i can't argue with the stats.
[/b][/quote]

Well going 9-0 isn't a record as a team('72 Dolphins) has finished undefeated. However no other team has started 2 consecutive seasons at 9-0 in the history of the NFL. That dates back about 80 someodd years. Manning is a beast in terms of the regular season, but once it comes to elimination rounds, he chokes and loses. That is why many regard Tom Brady as the best Qb in the league. Tom Brady not only has 3 superbowl trophies(with New England) but also has a winning percentage around 72%. That is equal to the greatest Qb of all time Joe Montana.

Ladanian Tomlinson or simply LT is by far the best runningback in the NFL. He's also set a record for the fastest guy to reach 100 career touchdowns. It is a record many considered untouchable or unbreakable for the longest time. He plays for the Chargers, one of the premier teams in the NFL(that feels weird saying that).

Terrell Owens may kill your team but he's the best WR in the league. No one can match his threat in the redzone(inside the 20 yards of the opposition). As well as his physical dominance around the field, in terms of breaking tackles and gaining yards after the catch.

Defensively guys like Dwight Freeny and Julius Peppers are great pass rushers, as in they knock the Qb out. Champ Bailey is the best DB in the league. In that he intercepts balls and stops the wide receivers from catching balls. Brian Urlacher is the best linebacker in the league, his job is to rush the Qb, tackle, and cause turnovers. I guess the equivalent to a openside flanker in rugby. His highest tackle count this year was something like 26 in a single game, which is absurd. A great day is usually around 15.

That's a synapsis of who the premier players are anyway.

and fcukernaut you forgot one valid point.... the cleveland browns are horrible.

also follow college football, its much much much much much much much much better and far more exciting than the NFL.. except the cheerleaders arent in as skimpy of outfits

but watch Ohio State you'll enjoy them

and fcukernaut you forgot one valid point.... the cleveland browns are horrible.

also follow college football, its much much much much much much much much better and far more exciting than the NFL.. except the cheerleaders arent in as skimpy of outfits

but watch Ohio State you'll enjoy them
[/b]

No you won't. Ohio st. is for fags and hillbillies. Go for USC, the most prestigious of all college football programs.

Latest posts