• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NFL Thread

D

DC

Well, the NFL season is coming upon us.. and i know a few of us TRFers like the NFL... so why not another thread.

Well latest news from the Browns Bentley is out for the season, after tearing his petella tendon.. tough loss for the Browns as they signed him for $36 million.

Also Steve Smith has been reported as injuring his hamstring in Training Camp for the Panthers..

So i ask of you, who will win it all this year?

My best guess is going to be the Panthers.. they have the best overall team, offense and defense. Splittin Smith and Keyshawn on the wideouts is a great move, meaning more effective Keyshawn with the triple teams being played on Stevie..

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 5 2006, 10:10 PM
Your an idiot.

Than again your a Bucknut fan so it's understandable.
ripper how many times do i have to tell you

bucknut is not an insult for an ohio state fan... as a matter of fact its the name of the universities' sports magazine... "Bucknuts" which i do have a subscription to :D

peyton manning = choke artist... anyone who watches the nfl here will tell you that

unless your one of those fanatical colts fans..

and now that keyshawn is a key "team player" bye bye rest of the league..

Originally posted by DC@Aug 14 2006, 03:21 PM
peyton manning = choke artist... anyone who watches the nfl here will tell you that

unless your one of those fanatical colts fans..

and now that keyshawn is a key "team player" bye bye rest of the league..
Laugh. Out. Louder.

The Panthers won't even win the NFC, and if by some miracle they do they'll be blown out of the Water by the Colts in the Superbowl.

Well latest news from the Browns Bentley is out for the season, after tearing his petella tendon.. tough loss for the Browns as they signed him for $36 million[/b]

Who really gives a ****? It's the f***ing browns. They overpaid him anyway which is pretty much what they do with everyone because no one wants to go the dump you call a home. And the browns are one of the most incompetent franchises in pro sports. Have they ever won a ***le? I'm pretty sure they haven't which is brutal because they've been around since before the nfl was even established. Here's to another year of embarassment.

Colts[/b]

The colts won't make past the AFC championship game because peyton is nothing more than choke artist. He can't win the big game. It's proven that he's amazing in the regular season but can't do jack in the playoffs. And now he won't have a pro bowl runningback to lean on either. But it's not like James was any better he choked more often than manning and basically only made his yards in garbage time. Manning is nothing more than a reincarnation of Dan Fouts. May be the all time leader in passing yards when he retires but won't have a ring.

Than again your a Bucknut fan so it's understandable. [/b]

Yeah he is an idiot. Especially because he supports an overated program that bought their last championship in an amateur system and won't do anything this year because they'll choke.

My best guess is going to be the Panthers.. they have the best overall team, offense and defense. Splittin Smith and Keyshawn on the wideouts is a great move, meaning more effective Keyshawn with the triple teams being played on Stevie.. [/b]

The Panthers are not going to win the superbowl because they don't have the running game they've had in previous years and i don't think you can count smith and jake to win it. Now they'll have a strong defense and go deep in the weak NFC but i don't think they beat anyone the AFC has to offer in the superbowl. And keyshawn is far from being a team player. He's proven it the past what 12 years? that he's a dick and destroys his team. Hell he even got suspended for it a couple of years ago. and was still a dick the past few years.

i hate the browns to be honest.. i couldnt care less what they do

ahh buckeyes overrated program... that makes me laugh

buckeyes > notre dame

buckeyes > miami fl

its funny how many people are jealous of the ohio state program

cuz' all ive got to say is... OH-IO!

The colts won't make past the AFC championship game because peyton is nothing more than choke artist. He can't win the big game. It's proven that he's amazing in the regular season but can't do jack in the playoffs. And now he won't have a pro bowl runningback to lean on either. But it's not like James was any better he choked more often than manning and basically only made his yards in garbage time. Manning is nothing more than a reincarnation of Dan Fouts. May be the all time leader in passing yards when he retires but won't have a ring.[/b]

Thats what ive been trying to tell ripper for awhile now :rolleyes:
Its the truth, he's had the right team behind him every year now, and he can't do it, and until he can... then i have no expectations for the Colts even getting there.

The Panthers won't even win the NFC, and if by some miracle they do they'll be blown out of the Water by the Colts in the Superbowl.[/b]

Yes, the Colts and their rock solid pass defense eh?

The only good defensive back the Colts have is Michael Doss.... a genuine Ohio State product.

ahh buckeyes overrated program... that makes me laugh

buckeyes > notre dame

buckeyes > miami fl

its funny how many people are jealous of the ohio state program

cuz' all ive got to say is... OH-IO![/b]

SC>>>>>>>>>>>>Ohio St.

Why would i be jealous of the buckeyes?

Its the truth, he's had the right team behind him every year now, and he can't do it, and until he can... then i have no expectations for the Colts even getting there.[/b]

You can't even bring up John Elway and his failures because the team Manning had last year well surpassed any team Elway ever had. And he even had Terrell Davis a 2000 yard back.

Yes, the Colts and their rock solid pass defense eh?

The only good defensive back the Colts have is Michael Doss.... a genuine Ohio State product.[/b]

Actually the colts pass defense isn't that bad they were 7th in the league INT's and 6th in sacks. They have the best pass rusher in the league in Dwight Freeny and Brock is also very solid opposite him. They have some amazing pass defending linebackers as well. Cato June is a champ, he had 5 Ints i think and Brackett had 3 or 4. Nick Harper is also a very good CB well when his wife doesn't stab him in the leg. Michael Doss isn't that hot though. He's decent but he's had his fair share of problems. Genuine Ohio St product getting arrested and driving drunk.

i wouldnt talk about genuine products if i was an SC fan

all i gotta say is this

keyshawn

And OJ Simpson...

What about Marcus Allen, Ronnie Lott, Junior Seau, Lynn Swann ect..?

my bad i seemed to have forgotten them

how about that guy Archie Griffin eh?

the ONLY two time heisman winner ever..

but anyhow back to NFL action

clinton portis has been reported as dislocating his left shoulder partially

VIKINGS!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :cheers:

Vikes up 7-6 in the 2nd against Oakland

Fark you Randy - Enjoy ur homecoming + belting!!!!

How many times gentlemen must I say it??

...The ATLANTA FALCONS!!! MICHAEL VICK FOR MVP!!!

ATL WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! VICK WHAT!!! LIL JON YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Originally posted by ak47@Aug 15 2006, 01:07 PM
VIKINGS!!!!!!!!! :bravo: :cheers:

Vikes up 7-6 in the 2nd against Oakland

Fark you Randy - Enjoy ur homecoming + belting!!!!
I must say i do like the new vikings uni's and that black Qb they have looks like an exciting threat down the road...

ATL WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!! VICK WHAT!!! LIL JON YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!!![/b]

He'll manage to get hurt in the first 3 weeks of the season. Then finish the year completing about 50-52% of his passes for about 2000 yards. Watch it, it'll happen.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Aug 18 2006, 07:40 PM

That was just retarded.

Too be MVP QB you have to know how to actually pass the ball and not miss a month whenever you stub your toe.

Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Aug 18 2006, 07:40 PM

That was just retarded.

Too be MVP QB you have to know how to actually pass the ball and not miss a month whenever you stub your toe.
[/b]

Vikings will win it all!!!

They do have nice new unis, but they are kind of modern looking. I like the old ones from back in the 70s and 80s. At least they didn't change the best helmet in the NFL.

Latest posts