• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northampton v Bourgoin

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
Northampton.png
Bourgoin.png

Northampton v Bourgoin</div>

So not only are both sides playing for the trophy this Friday but for both sides their qualification for next season's Heineken Cup relies on winning this match so an added edge to this encounter.

Northampton clearly have their minds concentrated on this game reufusing to release Euan Murray for the get together today. No point in taking any unnecessary risks ahead of such a huge game.

Bourgoin may have cribbed about the venue and the country of the final but the LNR have to take full responsibility for that.

A Bourgoin win also guarantees Wasps Heineken Cup rugby.

Should be a Northampton win but if Bourgoin repeat their form of the knockout stages it'll be a close run affair.

I shall be there and I can tell you now that I'm really f***ing excited.

Got my last exam in the morning, from 11am onwards I shall be heading to the capital and getting slightly tipsy. Hopefully for a double celebration. If we can continue our end of season form then I'm confident of the silverware, the only concern is the 3 week break we've had. Ideally it has served to rejuvenate rather than disrupt.

Dry day, Saints by 12, wet day, Saints by 7.

C'mon the Saints!

Can't believe there haven't been any comments on a cracking match. Fiery doesn't cover it I don't think.

Delighted with the result, slightly smug with my spot on prediction, and looking forward to facing up to the big boys again next season.

Can't say much for Bourgoin mind you, looked like they came to fight rather than play rugby at times. We probably should have put them away sooner.

Was a cracking atmosphere considering they put it on a Friday night. And the icing on the cake: keeping Wasps out of the Heineken Cup :D

Perfect end to a highly promising season.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ May 23 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thank you for injuring our starting scrum-half Morgan Parra , c***s.[/b]

Thank you for Parra being a horrible, forearm-swinging, eye-gouging little little c***. And thank you to Courtney Lawes for giving him exactly what he deserved after punching Kruger in the back of the head.

:D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 23 2009, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ May 23 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank you for Parra being a horrible, forearm-swinging, eye-gouging little little c***. And thank you to Courtney Lawes for giving him exactly what he deserved after punching Kruger in the back of the head.

:D
[/b][/quote]

I saw it and I was gonna comment but I decided to wait for Teh Mite to have his gloat first. Cracking first half and I was disappointed that Best didn't come out in the second half and break the necks of every single player on the Dirtygoin team.

Don't think the second half was as good as the first half but congrats to Northampton! Deserved victory!

It was an ugly match, lost by a very ugly Bourgoin team who totally lost their nerves. PLaying it at home would have changed a lot i reckon.
Not that I care much though, they would have been spanked in the H Cup next year

^^Agreed, that "incredible" Kickinthegroin scrum was completely nulified. Especially when Smith came in for the last 10 minutes.

Anyway, I think this picture sums up the French tactics of the evening;
LawesGI_Saints_Bour_gall.jpg

Photo credit: northamptonsaints.co.uk

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ May 23 2009, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Our players don't fall over when they get punched in the face repeatedly. That, general skill-level, overall sportsmanship and the ability to play rugby without resulting to absolute thuggery were the difference between the teams on the night I think.

Parra got hit perfectly legally, but he deserved everything coming to him on the night.

Found these on COYS, maybe thay will shut several quarters up;

I see arms being wrapped;
IMG_0195.jpg

I see a ball and a man still in play;
IMG_0196.jpg

Classic stuff for a french-english encounter. If we lost our nerves everytime like that, we're never going to bury the old "dirty frenchmen" cliché and the referee bias will last for years. Thanks to Bourgoin and Montpellier for that.

Still like Parra, he's the classic little french irratating scrum-half and I believe he's very talented. It will be interesting to see him in the H-Cup next year with Clermont.

For the 2nd picture, yeah he is still in play but tackling him is useless. Don't tell me that the Northampton guy wanted to catch the ball and score a try after that... Northamtpon and Bourgoin can both play entertaining rugby, with a referee more authoritative maybe it could have been a nice game, that's sad. But congrats to the Saints, they deserved it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stillknox @ May 25 2009, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For the 2nd picture, yeah he is still in play but tackling him is useless. Don't tell me that the Northampton guy wanted to catch the ball and score a try after that...[/b]

Unlikely, but however he did look to tackle the player into touch and win the scrum-5. This he did perfectly, but the design of the stoop meant they both went crashing into the too-close-for-safety advertising hoardings at a somewhat painful rate of knots; Sir bottled it and gave the penalty against the tackler.

Latest posts