• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] France vs. Australia (19/11/2016)

Awesome stuff !!
Great play by France. Great try.

- - - Updated - - -

My word, there goes the game. Should've scored there.

Knocking on in the last two minutes is a great defensive tactic. Means France have only one chance.

For pete sake, can't you people drop kick ? Ugh.... ridiculous....

Anyway.... I liked quite a few things from this French team tonight. Next week will probably be close to a hiding.
But this team is showing potential. Some of the running and handling was great.

Very entertaining. About the fourth absolute cracking finish to a match today. And that's just the Tier 1s. What a great day!

- - - Updated - - -

For pete sake, can't you people drop kick ? Ugh.... ridiculous....

Anyway.... I liked quite a few things from this French team tonight. Next week will probably be close to a hiding.
But this team is showing potential. Some of the running and handling was great.

Yes. NZ coming too soon for them. But could challenge for second at 6N and have a say on who wins it overall. I think this was quite a big performance for Oz and Chieka will be delighted.

Very good game this one - Australia still look a bit brittle at times and don't capitalise on opportunities they create enough, but in many ways I thought it was their best performance of the tour

I think these put England's whitewashing of Aus in perspective. Aus were phenomenal in the world cup and then many claimed they were **** when facing England and now suddenly they are good again. Makes you think Australia may not have been as bad as people claimed they were and it was simply England making it too hard for them to play what they wanted as well as being able to score themselves.

'Phenomenal' in the WC they lost? Strange use of hyperbole...

What is phenomenal is the sheer number of column inches given to that gob****e, Cheika. If games were won with the mouth, Aussie would be back-to-back world champions,

Imagine Englamd, Ireland or New Zealand calling dibs on a grand slam before even getting on the plane, especially in a season where they were comprehensively hammered by all and sundry.

I don't to open that can of worms again, but Wallabies were plain dreadful in the RWC. They just lucked out throughout their pool stages.

'Phenomenal' in the WC they lost? Strange use of hyperbole...

What is phenomenal is the sheer number of column inches given to that gob****e, Cheika. If games were won with the mouth, Aussie would be back-to-back world champions,

Imagine Englamd, Ireland or New Zealand calling dibs on a grand slam before even getting on the plane, especially in a season where they were comprehensively hammered by all and sundry.

Australia weren't phenomenal in the WC in general, but their performance against England did lionise them somewhat and given most kiwis, poms and even the Aussie media expected them not make it out of their pool, the fact that they made the final kinda surprised a lot of people.

I agree that their "success" was way overblown though - ultimately the team and Australian rugby is very poor right now. But all the same, in truth what this tour is really showing that maybe the Wallabies aren't as awful we're been making them out to be, given that even a poor Australian side with a rapidly diminishing base is still pretty competitive in Europe.

That said, we need to get over this notion we're gonna be world beaters in rugby because the game just is very average in this country in terms of development, administration and access to talent.

Just watched the highlights. That last Aussie try should have been no try, touch-in-goal.

[TEXTAREA]22.12 BALL OR PLAYER TOUCHING A FLAG OR FLAG (CORNER) POST
If the ball or a player carrying the ball touches a flag or a flag (corner) post at the
intersection of the touch-in-goal lines and the goal lines or at the intersection of the touchin-
goal lines and the dead ball lines without otherwise being in touch or touch-in-goal the
ball is not out of play unless it is first grounded against a flag post.[/TEXTAREA]

That last bit is exactly what happened. The ball was grounded on the goal-line, against the touch-in-goal flag post.

https://youtu.be/DLjLt2K3yuo?t=726

Just watched the highlights. That last Aussie try should have been no try, touch-in-goal.

[TEXTAREA]22.12 BALL OR PLAYER TOUCHING A FLAG OR FLAG (CORNER) POST
If the ball or a player carrying the ball touches a flag or a flag (corner) post at the
intersection of the touch-in-goal lines and the goal lines or at the intersection of the touchin-
goal lines and the dead ball lines without otherwise being in touch or touch-in-goal the
ball is not out of play unless it is first grounded against a flag post.[/TEXTAREA]

That last bit is exactly what happened. The ball was grounded on the goal-line, against the touch-in-goal flag post.

https://youtu.be/DLjLt2K3yuo?t=726
Speaking objectively that's what I thought too TBH... Looked like he went in touch simultaneously, but then it seems like the refs have been a bit liberal in general with what they award in Europe right now.

amazing that the TMO does not know this rule.
Actually looking at it again I think the ref got it right - the point of the ball hits the line first whilst the rest hits the corner post:
15060383_10154500475641187_910615870_o-400x240.jpg

Watched the video replay again, and the ball touched the post before being grounded. Mais c'est la vie ! Fantastic balance from Kuridrani btw !

Watched the video replay again, and the ball touched the post before being grounded. Mais c'est la vie ! Fantastic balance from Kuridrani btw !
Yeah and the post is no longer considered part of the sideline if I remember right

it was a good match anyway and well done Australia for the win.

In truth us Aussies can't get too carried away... we got smashed in the scrum and frankly if that drop goal goes a little to the right we lose the game. Very even and hard fought match - I just hope we continue to improve and take the game to both Ireland and England

Actually looking at it again I think the ref got it right - the point of the ball hits the line first whilst the rest hits the corner post:
15060383_10154500475641187_910615870_o-400x240.jpg

It still amazes me that if you see the above picture for example, that the player is not considered being out, despite his body being completely over the line. Yes,i know he is in the air, but that's not the point i'm making. The rules are the rules as they say.