• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2016 EOYT] France vs. New Zealand (26/11/2016)

FRANCE: Brice Dulin, Noa Nakaitaci, Remi Lamerat, Wesley Fofana, Virimi Vakatawa, Camille Lopez, Maxime Machenaud, Louis Picamoles, Kevin Gourdon, Charles Ollivon, Yoann Maestri, Sebastien Vahaamahina, Uini Atonio, Guilhem Guirado (captain), Xavier Chiocci. Reserves: Camille Chat, Cyril Baille, Rabah Slimani, Julien Le Devedec, Damien Chouly, Baptiste Serin, Jean-Marc Doussain, Gael Fickou

And good to see Dulin at full-back instead of Spedding - a sabre instead of a hammer!
We should see more attacking play from les Bleus, but will it be enough to undo the Black defence?

AB side has been named, very little in terms of giving players chances its basically the most experienced guys and Crotty is back.
Good to finally see Perenara start.

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Waisake Naholo, Anton Lienert-Brown, Ryan Crotty, Julian Savea, Beauden Barrett, TJ Perenara, Kieran Read (captain), Matt Todd, Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Joe Moody.
Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Scott Barrett, Ardie Savea, Aaron Smith, Aaron Cruden, Rieko Ioane.

It's the same every time. People and media saying he could do this, he should do that, he should give this guy a run. Then the team finally comes out and you go, "Gee, that was obvious."

It's the same every time. People and media saying he could do this, he should do that, he should give this guy a run. Then the team finally comes out and you go, "Gee, that was obvious."

hmmm, haven't seen anyone saying it was obvious. The best team? Yes, i think so, give or take a Todd or so. Obvious? Not from my perspective.

No real complaints although I'd have rather seen a ioane or Mckenzie in the starting back three - plenty of experience elsewhere in the backline.

Last edited:
I believe so. 2011 World Cup winning fullback goes to fullback. Crotty fit again comes straight back in. World rugby player of year stays in his favoured position. Perenara beats Smith on form. Two best locks retained. Todd starts as flanker in strategy that worked well in final two Rugby Champ tests. If you recall the way Hansen selects his teams when he thinks he's in for a battle - it's obvious.

FRANCE: Brice Dulin, Noa Nakaitaci, Remi Lamerat, Wesley Fofana, Virimi Vakatawa, Camille Lopez, Maxime Machenaud, Louis Picamoles, Kevin Gourdon, Charles Ollivon, Yoann Maestri, Sebastien Vahaamahina, Uini Atonio, Guilhem Guirado (captain), Xavier Chiocci. Reserves: Camille Chat, Cyril Baille, Rabah Slimani, Julien Le Devedec, Damien Chouly, Baptiste Serin, Jean-Marc Doussain, Gael Fickou

Lopez thrown in at the deep end without the benefit of time with the team. He wasn't part of Noves plan last season for some reason. Now he is but then he may not be after all.

Noves is playing it by ear. He said he would favour continuity but he's been chopping and changing at will and he's not doing Lopez any favour.

NZ to cruise by.

Lopez thrown in at the deep end without the benefit of time with the team. He wasn't part of Noves plan last season for some reason. Now he is but then he may not be after all.

Noves is playing it by ear. He said he would favour continuity but he's been chopping and changing at will and he's not doing Lopez any favour.

NZ to cruise by.

I'm sure you're missing Noves at Toulouse!

Yes and no! The current coaching team of Mola, Servat and Elissalde are not very convincing. Servat and Elissalde, good players that they were, haven't yet made the transition into good coaches. One wonders how much longer the club will give them to take Toulouse back to where we expect them to be.

Not at all. He's done his time. We got the best of him. Same can't be said of the union. The union are getting the Noves leftovers. Good luck to them.

Last edited:
Not at all. He's done his time. We got the best of him. Same can't be said of the union. The union are getting the Noves leftovers. Good luck to them.

How's Dusautoir going? Does he have a few more seasons left in him?

How's Dusautoir going? Does he have a few more seasons left in him?

sure he does. They could do with a fetcher and tackler like him. Actually when I look at the backrow they've picked 3 No8. Balance?

Can't believe it's a year since the last meeting. Was at that match in Cardiff and just remember the speed at which the ABs moved the ball compared to the French. It really was comparing night and day.

Can't believe it's a year since the last meeting. Was at that match in Cardiff and just remember the speed at which the ABs moved the ball compared to the French. It really was comparing night and day.

the union are staging another matinee tomorrow since you liked it so much.

I was there and there is no comparison.
The RWC unit was primed fresh and ready for the RWC
This AB team is young knackered and ready for the beach.
This is a 'just get through it' game for the AB's.
Then get home for some well earned R+R and reflect on the year that was...

Great turnover Whitelock. And 2 minutes later Try by Dagg.

AB not releasing after the tackle and getting turnovers that way.

NZ'ers cheating like crazy to stay competitive in defence. Play the referee though. The French need a 7.

Latest posts