• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ Demo!!!!

N

nui1stxv

This thread is for all NZers, the demo is now playing in your Gamesman stores as we speak!! I went to gamesman 2day and was tantilisingly surprised to see rugby05 playing. I promptly husshd the little chinese boy hacking at the game and had a solid 2 1/2 hours playing Aus vs Eng, and vice versa...................

this game is seriously the ****!!!! although i found myself quickly getting use to the controls, and beating the opposition by 20 or so points, this is by far the best rugby game eva

although 1 problem i quickly noticed was the gap between 12 and 13 was quite large and i cud consistently break the line at that point. but hopefully thats just coz the difficulty setting was at easy!!!

nice tackling animations, awesum fend, beautiful step and set plays just dropped my jaw. they work surprisingly gud. AI was pretty gud aswell!!!!
Overall im really looking forward to this game. any q's do not hesitate
<
<

nah, had to go play the real game of rugby (dont no y, it was only preseason match!!) was very hard to leave.....but no worrys im goin bak 1st thing 2moro morning!!!!
<

hahahah !!! was there ppl waiting to play ???

if i were there and u were hogging it... i wud so shove u outta the way !!!

LMAO tho !!!

Yea cuz i played it down at EB games Cuba mall and its the **** i scored a length of the feild try with tuquri( blitz passed cohen and lewsey without slowing down or anything), if tuquris that fast i wonder how fast caucau is, then straight afta made a break in the midfeild with mortlock and scored in the corner with smith. Il be headin down there tomorrow 2 give it another go but overall i agree its the best game out there so far from wat ive played. i didnt get 2 defend yet either so hopefully get 2 thrash it some more tomorrow.

Originally posted by candybum@Mar 5 2005, 10:26 PM
hahahah !!! was there ppl waiting to play ???

if i were there and u were hogging it... i wud so shove u outta the way !!!

LMAO tho !!!
there was one little kid. i gave him a go, but it was just so painful watching him. He left after he cud see steam cumming out my ears!!!!!!

But if you tried to shove me outta the way, it wuda been all on mate, would be easier to just ASK politely............. then i wud have sed F#@K OFF!!!!!
<
<

Hopefully McDonalds will do what they did with the Rugby 2004 PC Demos and include them with some of the more expenisve meals... (preferably with the Hunger Buster - those are the only reasons I go to McDonalds anymore.)

I just played the demo at gamesman, very cool game i think.. although i would prefer to play it on PC, seems a bit slow on ps2 to me.

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 6 2005, 11:18 AM
Hopefully McDonalds will do what they did with the Rugby 2004 PC Demos and include them with some of the more expenisve meals... (preferably with the Hunger Buster - those are the only reasons I go to McDonalds anymore.)
lol. I got that Rugby 2004 demo aswell.

If only it had worked, it may have prevented me forking out for the game.
<

if it's out at game shops in nzl it's bound to be playing at eb and stuff now around australia. i'm going to ask someone at the shop if they have any spares. did any of you kiwi lads ask if the demo will be available to the public?

Originally posted by umosay@Mar 6 2005, 10:42 AM
I just played the demo at gamesman, very cool game i think.. although i would prefer to play it on PC, seems a bit slow on ps2 to me.
yeah the guys at gamesman said that to get it on xbox, coz the graphics are alot sharper, and i noticed when playing the ps2 version, it would slow down abit on sum animations!!!!

but just got back from gamesman, had another hour or so on the game, and its just the best!!! i mean the little things they include make it that much better.Like the cutscenes are magnificient!! although they tend to be the same ones, now and then you get a new one.

Like today one cutscene was of Lote Turqiri on the ground, on top of sum1 giving him little jabs to the head it looked like!!! Just adds to the awesumness of this game. and with EA hopefully gonna make this an annual thing, then obviously they are just gonna add more and more to it.

Also the AI is awesum. Although they kick alot, they are just kicking for territory, and when you are defending, you not always gonna tackle the AI. I lost 27-5 to England, then lost again,8-7, with wilko slotting the drop kick in the last minute. Made me scream!!!(and i looked like abit of a di@k aswell).

Ohhh, and one other thing i noticed was when you have a scrum, you can pick the ball up at No8!!!!
<
<
................is that f@#kn awesum or wat??Rolling mauls are nice aswell
<
<

Originally posted by scot@Mar 6 2005, 01:30 PM
if it's out at game shops in nzl it's bound to be playing at eb and stuff now around australia. i'm going to ask someone at the shop if they have any spares. did any of you kiwi lads ask if the demo will be available to the public?
yeah i tried to ask the guy if I could buy the demo off him!!!
<
he said he's got 2 of them and he would but he will probly lose his job!! U no wat i said to that aye...................... SO F@#KN WAT!!!!!!!
<
<

hehehe

lol

you shud of brought some maoris off the street and surrounded him

"can we buy one copy of the demo!!!"

"man take it its yours for free"

"no i want to buy it!!!"

lol

Played it today at EB, PS2 Version. OK Game. PS2 is so choppy and slow, less smooth than 2004 in some aspects I thought, but I own a PS2 so thats what I'll be getting it on. Game is still way better than 2004, but on this mode, Just as easy as it. Gap up the middle every time, and Tuqiri can go round the outside every time...

Still gonna buy it, cause it's pretty cool.

I played it today at EB and found it the same as everyon else, too easy, gap in centre every time, a bit blocky(ps2), the ai seemed quite competent in defence but could not threaten on attack, even though I couldnt tackle!!! Overall though a hude improvement and alot of fun. I went to gamesman and central park as well to try and score a copy but they all said no. The guy at EB said that it will not be relesed to the public. Hope he was lying.

I wouldn't worry about the gap in the middle as a human player has many ways to fix this up.

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Mar 5 2005, 08:42 PM
nah, had to go play the real game of rugby (dont no y, it was only preseason match!!)
Was if for Wainui U-19's/21's against Wellington U21's

Originally posted by Hypnotised@Mar 6 2005, 04:25 PM
Played it today at EB, PS2 Version. OK Game. PS2 is so choppy and slow, less smooth than 2004 in some aspects I thought, but I own a PS2 so thats what I'll be getting it on. Game is still way better than 2004, but on this mode, Just as easy as it. Gap up the middle every time, and Tuqiri can go round the outside every time...

Still gonna buy it, cause it's pretty cool.
You are kidding right?
<

Latest posts