• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**Official SANZAR MOD Thread**

F

Fa'atau82

Hi guys,

I thought i'd raise the issue of a Sanzar MOD. I think it has promise, and can be reworked/adapted from the one that was made recently for R08.. but it'd have to be a collective effort from all TRF modders, or have SH modders involved to get it into full-swing. We are gonna need cyberfaces, plus a few coders/roster editors and kit/graphics makers. I have started on kits and graphics as you can see in my personal thread. The roster can be adapted from the one that the sanzar mod guys did and some of the graphics can be used too.. i'm not sure how far the mod got graphics wise.

We all seem to patch, but not for any particular mod projects.. and it'd galvanise the forum a bit. Plus a real top quality Sanzar mod is needed desperately (no disrespect to the other mod)

If anyone wants to join the sanzar mod, feel free.. just let me know. We can start listing members.

I can work on faces, but we need decent front on profile pics not pissie little 10px x 10px images.

It'd be the hardest part, but i'm sure there would be images around somewhere. Depends how far we was to go back.

Ok, i am thinking this..

The national teams we will leave alone, also the representative teams.

It will be like this, i hope.

44 teams

14 - Super 14 (usual S14)
12 - Guinness Premiership (converted to Air NZ Cup, with Tasman and Northland omitted)
8 - Currie Cup Premier Division teams (Bulls, Western Province, Valke, Boland, Lions, Cheetahs, Griquas, Sharks)
2 - Japan TOP League teams (Suntory Sungoliaths and Kobelco Steelers)
2 - Argentina League teams (Hindu Club and San Isidro Club)
6 - Pacific Rugby Cup teams (Fiji Warriors, Fiji Barbarians, Upolu Samoa, Savai'i Samoa, Tautahi Gold, Tau'uta Reds)

And the competitions will go like this..

Six Nations - Pacific Rugby Cup
Tri-Nations - As normal
Super 14 - As normal
Guinness Prem - Air New Zealand Cup
Heineken Cup - Mixture of Air New Zealand, Japan, Argentina, PRC and Currie Cup.

What do you all think?

No, but i was going to use 6 Nations as PNC. How many SH'ers play 6 nations? I can always make a version without it. It's just coding a file, that's all.

xusky i suppose i could help you out... if i could add u on msn then i can help you find images for faces?

as im really keen to get this patch underway but have little knowledge about modding... but i wanna be as much help as possible guys...

and yeh fa'atau i think that the PNC would be better to take over 6 nations unless people do actually play it down here?

Hey guys, if any of you kiwis and saffas can list some stadiums that would be used for the competitions, i'd be grateful.

Ill get that info for u now Fa'atau, here ya go...

Auckland: Eden Park,Auckland

Bay of Plenty: Blue Chip Stadium, Tauranga
Rotorua International Stadium, Rotorua

Canterbury: AMI Stadium, Christchurch

Counties Manakau: Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

Hawke's Bay: McLean Park, Napier

Manawatu: FMG Stadium, Palmerston North

North Harbour: Nourth Harbour Stadium, Albany

Northland : ITM Stadium, Whangarei

Otago: Carisbrook, Dunedin

Southland: Rugby Park Stadium, Invercargill

Taranaki: Yarrow Stadium, New Plymouth

Tasman: Trafalgar Park, Nelson
Lansdowne Park, Blenheim

Waikato: Waikato Stadium, Hamilton

Wellington: Westpac Stadium, Wellington

Cheers dude! I will do what i can. Might need help from some coders though to find the exact files i need to edit.

Hey can some of you sanzar dudes add some kit photos on here for me?

I need all the Currie Cup teams apart from Western Province Home, and some Air NZ Cup kits too. Please make sure they are the latest kits please if you can. Cheers!

I'd like to be involved with kit making. After all I'm South African and would like play with my team Western Province lol. Anyways... I'd like to do the South African provinces if that's okay.

You can use my minikits for the AirNZ cup teams, although they may need some touching up.

I'm gonna make them all like the Fifa-style ones in my thread. I have done more for sanzar mod, i have made tv logo/team score overlays now.

Latest posts