• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**Official SANZAR MOD Thread**

If I could I would like to get a list of key players for this mod that are missing faces. I could maybe start making a few. I know there are probably heaps but maybe we could focus on the stars or key players for each team first. I know NZ players that need updating but any input on the other teams would be great.

Well, it's mainly Australian, South African and New Zealand players really.. so any missing players from the National Team squads or players who could use an update. A lot have been done.. if you like you can do some pacific islanders or kiwis.

Loki Crichton
12246.jpg

Sailosi Tagicakibau
71708877.jpg

Kameli Ratovou
19470.jpg

19470.jpg

Daniel Leo
Wasps6717squad3.jpg

Jonny Faamatuainu
82250043.jpg

Nice man cheers. I'll get started. These will not be released separately. We can release them as a SANZAR Face Pack, what ya think?

The sanzar patch is just SH clubs/teams (includes all of the Americas too) but all the international teams will remain. So these faces will be used for the National teams, but will be better used for MUP as well.

Personally, i would just do faces for Air New Zealand Cup, Currie Cup and Super 14m but as you know they are basically the same squads with a few extra players added in the domestic competitions.

So, it's up to you who you do.. i can't find good pics of players like Mikaele Pesamino (Auckland) and the others are not really too famous to warrant a unique face.. so i'd just carry on has you are.. perhaps you can do players like Taniela Moa, Ryan Kankowski and those players who are emerging. Most of the top stars have been done or are ok for all of NZ, Australia and South Africa.

If you have to do southern faces , then do Ryan Kankowszy, Pierre Spies, James O´Connor (the western force golden boy), Neemia Tialata, John Afoa and Rudy Wulf .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Oct 17 2008, 06:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think Afoa and Tialata are done?[/b]

I am redoing the Tialata that I done, it needs oedit work, will be released soon ;) the Wulf is still work in progress, it wasnt looking great ingame so I'm tweaking it. I think Afoa was maybe done by Lwkfella but never released?

Hi guys, I downloaded the Sanzar patch a few minutes, very excited to play with my home team... (Kavaliers...) I put the contents of the root folder in my rugby 08 root, and the roster in the right place, however, when I opened Rugby 08 it told me "Could Not Load Roster" and when I checked the players it was clearly a French team instead of the Kavaliers. Something is wrong with the roster... I just dont know what!

Any help?

Fa'atau says: The roster goes in the EA Sports Rugby 08 folder in 'my documents' as you have probably done, but the .ros file has to be in a folder and the .ros file and the folder must have the same name, or else the game will not read it. This is your problem, i am sure. I think when this patch was released this was a minor oversight. And also, the patch will be finished in the new year with updated kits, etc. See ShaheenJ's thread for his awesome SA stuff. :D

Rather than the Pacific Nations Cup replacing the 6 Nations, imo it would be interesting to have a tournament with the best 6 Southern Hemisphere nations, other than the Tri-Nations - so it would include Argentina, Fiji, Samoa, Tonga, Japan and Uruguay. I know this does not exist in reality, but it would be good to have Argentina able to participate in a tournament other than the World Cup

Well, PNC is finished now for sanzar as Australia A and NZ Maori pulled out, which leaves 5, with Jnr AB's replacing NZ Maori.

So glad to see this post! was getting totally sick of the super 14 man... I used to patch for rugby 2001 way back in the day, made the NPC patch for it and it was a lot of work... a lot, and I'm guessing its even harder now! I'm keen to help out, even though I've been out of the scene for a while. Happy to do research or whatever you need.

Hi guys. Starting to get into the modding scene myself, will post anything I manage to do on the forum, thinking of doing a proper South African patch, including the vodacom Cup and Currie Cup.

faatau says: Just to let you know, posting the same message in different threads is classed as spam. Just the one post is enough. Welcome to the forum, hope to see some mods from you soon.

Hey guys, I was just thinking it might be cool to have a few Legends teams? I'm not sure how many teams you could have, whether you'd have Key provincial teams like Auckland Canterbury etc but even AB's Boks and Wallabies Legends would be really fun to play with. I'm keen to try this myself anyway, just need to get the editor but I don't want to spam to build up my post count!

That idea is more for Legends patch. It would be in the current format, so S14 would be with retro kits and rosters. It'd be cool to have tournaments before 1999, but the format changed so it's not a completely 100% accurate mod.. but would be pretty cool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Brock @ Jan 8 2009, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i cannot wait for NPC!![/b]
If you have a good look around you'll find that there's already a Npc/Anz Cup, Currie Cup and Australian Rugby Championship already done. It comes under the Sanzar Cup Mod I think. The rosters kits and stats are all up to date so should keep you busy for a while.

Latest posts