• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**Official SANZAR MOD Thread**

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Jan 23 2009, 09:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That idea is more for Legends patch. It would be in the current format, so S14 would be with retro kits and rosters. It'd be cool to have tournaments before 1999, but the format changed so it's not a completely 100% accurate mod.. but would be pretty cool.[/b]

It would make those classic matches more fun too, EA got lazy there I think..
is a legends patch in the making? or is it an idea at the moment?

Faatau says: Legends Patch is underway, i am busy with MUP, but basically, Legends Patch will be very similar to MUP09 in look, with a new roster and some new features and kits.

I have been thinking about the Sanzar MUP and Legends Patch mods. I think to have them on Rugby 08 is pointless, because of the limitation with competitions. So i think it'd be best to make the Legends Patch on 06 for sure. But there is no real way to make Super 12, other than make the Guinness Premiership as Super 12 which is then wrong fixtures wise, have a Super 10 for the 10 Nations or just keep Super 14. I think it's best to keep Super 14 myself.

Sanzar MUP is annoying me because there is no room for Currie Cup, just S14 and ANZ Cup.

Weighing up the pros and cons, i think we will have to make mods for both games to get the best from them. I am resigned to the fact that we can't get the 10 Nations and Lions Tour to work on 08, and that just leaves 06.. i know it's older but for many it is the better version.. i know how everyone hates the kicking system on 08 and the rules are worse with more bugs.. and we can port over all the kits, faces and the majority of logos to work on 06.

It's regretable we can't make all the mods on one game, but EA really stuffed up big time with Rugby 08. As i can't see a Rugby 09 for PC at anytime in the future, i think we should mod Rugby 06 as preference.

Hopefully, we can open up teams in 06 like we did in 08.

This modding does do my head in at times, because i could create the most awesome mods if it wasn't for such bullsh*t programming on Rugby 08.

So it think it'll work like this..

MUP 09 Euro Version (Rugby 08)

RWC 2007 full mode
Challenge Mode
6 Nations
Tri-Nations
Heineken Cup
ERC Domestic Season

Sanzar MUP (Rugby 06)

RWC 2007, basic mode (but is not hard-coded for RWC 2007 like Rugby 08 is so is open to mod potential)
Currie Cup (10 Nations)
Pacific Nations Cup or equal or RBS 6 Nations (6 Nations)
Tri-Nations (same)
Heineken Cup (bespoke club tournament)
Domestic Season (World League)

Rugby 06
Pros
Extra competitions and all others equally as good as Rugby 08.

Cons
Basic only RWC mode.

Rugby 08
Pros
RWC Mode, Challenge Mode

Cons
2 missing modes can't be added

Does anyone know, if you win a league competition, do you get the trophy/champion scene? I'm not sure if i could edit the trophies, to looke like real life.

It's also be nice to have either Super 10 or Magners League in. I think from now on after MUP i will make all my mods for Rugby 06.

so if you do the one above for the currie cup and other tournements will you put NPC and SUper 14 on Rugby 08?

You know, i'm tempted to actually perhaps make an alternate version of MUP09 with the Super 14 as original, and then i can make a version that replaces S14 with ANZ Cup. I have lots of options, but none of them fit exactly so this is why i am so indecisive.

See, i have done all the work for MUP09, and i will re-use the files and remove the Top14 back to Super 14. Then i can make a mod for Air New Zealand Cup to replace the Super 14, as they are essentially the same players. I can then perhaps add Western Province, Blue Bulls and one other Currie Cup team, perhaps the Golden Lions to replace the NZ Maori, Pacific Islanders and Australia A and maybe Junior AB's too. I don't think anyone will play with the other teams i suggested from Japan etc.

Regarding Legends Patch.. it's best for Rugby 06 definitely and i am definitely making it on 06, i am altering the text as we speak. So Legends Patch will be an 06 mod. You can have 3 different RWC years, 1999, 2003 and 2007 so basically, what kits you add for national teams is what you get in the Rugby World Cup, which is not good for a modern update, but is great for a retro patch. I can make kit patches for each RWC of those years, but i will change 2007 to 1995.

So basically, Legends Patch will be:

Kits and graphics and rosters for each RWC year available as seperate patches (1995, 1999 and 2003 should do) while the club rosters will probably be in 1995, which is the year i think it was at it's peak with players in the best mix. I can't wait to see the likes of Lomu in the old style kit.

So expect teams like Brive, Richmond and the usual giants, Leicester, Bath, Toulouse etc at their peak.

Ten Nations will be a bespoke competition, i have not decided who to add to it yet though. World League could be a real treat too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Feb 4 2009, 10:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You know, i'm tempted to actually perhaps make an alternate version of MUP09 with the Super 14 as original, and then i can make a version that replaces S14 with ANZ Cup.[/b]

:D :D When you do that, could you send me the files?, please. I would be very grateful. :)

I think that is how Sanzar MUP will be. It wont be Sanzar, instead it will be the main Euro teams and then the Super 14 teams plus maybe 3-4 Currie Cup.

I was gonna swap S14 for NPC, but saying that you just reminded me that the fixtures are wack, so it'll have to be a NPC with 12 teams, although i can add the others too, they will just be outside the competition.

See, this is where a damn custom league/tournament would be very handy! EA ********!

i think this whole forum with its modders can replace the ppl at EA lol, with fa'atau the project manager, EA just has to keep the main programmers etc, WE WILL TELL THEM WHAT TO PUT IN THE GAME etc etc... they's probably cry when we're done with them lol, but at the end of it all will be the best damn rugby game ever!

~~someone burst my bubble coz i'm dreaming again :p.

I could do with a new job actually, and Canada sounds cool. I could work for Hardly Bothered Studios or Electronic Farts.

Looks like I'll have to track down a copy of 06 then! From the time I've spent looking around these forums it seems like 06 is a much better game

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Feb 5 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah exclude Manawatu and Counties Manakau, they always come last.[/b]

nah, i think counties as a club has too much history to be taken outa the tourny haha, but maybz like manawatu and tasman.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dangan @ Feb 6 2009, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tommowins @ Feb 5 2009, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah exclude Manawatu and Counties Manakau, they always come last.[/b]

nah, i think counties as a club has too much history to be taken outa the tourny haha, but maybz like manawatu and tasman.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah I agree with above comment. Forget counties.

what about usa super league whit teams
Boston Irish Wolfhounds Belmont Shore
Boston Rugby Chicago Griffins
Charlotte Chicago Lions
Dallas Harlequins Denver Barbarians
New York Athletic Club Old Mission Beach Athletic Club
Old Blue New York Old Puget Sound Beach
Potomac Athletic Club San Francisco Golden Gate
St. Louis Bombers Santa Monica

Yeah sure, i can put a US club in it. I'd go for Belmont Shore. I have some room, so i can make 1 Argentina, 1 Samoa, 1 Fiji, 1 Tonga, 28 NZ (S14 + NPC), 13 SA (CC + S14), 4 AUS, 2 Japan and some more if i can squeeze them in.

yes u can edit the trophies in RUGBY06 :).

There the files in one of the first lists on the data.gob i remember when i was looking 4 them i found em.

If you ever need help with the mod faatau i will always be here although i have lost quite alot of interest now as my nfl team has now won the super bowl and i cant stop playing a modded madden08.

I mean in the game, the actual trophy they lift in the final, not the trophy cabinet. Thanks for the offer steynboi. It's all under control. I did find though that the logos in the game come out really **** resolution wise. The HD graphic 256x256 (to replace 64x64) looks ok for some, but if it has any detail on it, it still looks rubbish. I'm not sure if HD works for menu logos on 06.

BTW, just thinking aloud here.. i think i'll be renaming Sanzar MUP. The reason is because it will have teams from all regions it now probably, so does anyone have any ideas for a name?

It'll be called MUP09, but i suppose i could call it World Club version?

Any thoughts?

Latest posts