• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Rescheduling the Tokyo Olympics "caused sleepless nights" but must go ahead "to give hope" for the future, says International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach.

Anyone else feel this is a crack of shite.
The article just shows that the IOC give zero fucks about their hosts.

yeh it was always about money. If Tokyo pulled out they would bear the cost, if IOC then their insurer would. Neither blinked so it gets forced to go ahead. Just hope it isn't a total disaster and that that some kind of Games c go ahead. Shame they just didn't say to Tokyo let's just award you the 2032 Games.

Having said the above Tokyo chief has added a caveat. But would be surprised if they pulled the plug on the games now or mid way through.

I see the BBC have gone for a CGI studio, god they look awful. I'm struggling to tell between real and fake elements. I think its because on certain camera they are having a photo but on main shot its all CGI.

Is that it?
Or is there more after the athletes have done their walk?

Feel like ours went on way longer and was way more extravagant - felt like that was only just getting started

Is that it?
Or is there more after the athletes have done their walk?

Feel like ours went on way longer and was way more extravagant - felt like that was only just getting started
Yeah might be more later ours was very front loaded before the athletes came out. When I went to dress rehearsal for our they kicked us out during the athletes arrival.

Ohhhh we get to play guess that video game!

The Final Fantasy fan fare should be played at the end of every gold medal event.

I like that they've not shied away from popular culture,
When I was out there last year I saw a bunch of Olympic merch covered in anime characters - I presumed it was all knock off stuff (a lot was on markets/in smaller stores) but it turns out it's all legit and they did a whole line with their Anime Olympic Team:

1627041018475.png

To be fair - they'd have had to ditch their original plan due to covid; and then fire a few of the people involved (director and music director wasn't it?)

As for front-loading, they're always front loaded before the athletes - otherwise you have a bunch of athletes just standing around for ages with nothing to do except get stiff and sore

Can't post up Lee Evan's video about made up countries at the Olympic opening ceremony. :( "Herpes" "Gonorrhoea" "Makeupistan". :)

There are about 1,000 dignitaries in the Stadium.

Tuvalu - first time come across that country.

Latest posts