• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Olympic Games Update

Harrington won her semi yuuup. Don't see her winning against the Brazilian in the final but great achievement.

Final tally likely 1g, 1s, 2b, reasonably successful games.

4 daysish at 50 medals to go better than Beijing but still 15/17 off London/Rio gonna be tight.

Still likely to pick up some in the track anyone know where the others are likely coming from? Boxing and Hockey are there.

Ridiculous result in Women's Madison won 10 out of 12 sprints and gained a lap (even though the commentary team missed it). Think we'll take that

That was heart breaking for Schleu in the modern pent show jumping - never had her composure, never earned the horse' trust, and TBH, pushed the horse further than she should have done

Modern pentathlon is such a weird mish mash of sports,
Laser shooting, as well - bizarre!

Can't argue with another gold though

Modern pentathlon is such a weird mish mash of sports,
Laser shooting, as well - bizarre!

Can't argue with another gold though
It's supposed 'represent' soldiering. Which is why you get assigned a horse it's meant to be 'hear you go now go deliver this important message'.

We have a pretty good history in this event although as described elsewhere it may as well be call 'Bond Villain Training'

That was heart breaking for Schleu in the modern pent show jumping - never had her composure, never earned the horse' trust, and TBH, pushed the horse further than she should have done
Really feel bad for her but I have to admit I lost it when I saw this picture of the horse with the goofiest ******* grin ever whilst its rider is in hysterics.

Attachments

• SchleuHorseGrin.png
    SchleuHorseGrin.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'll be honest I know nothing about horsemanship but seeing how much she used the crop and spurs with a clearly distressed horse was pretty unpleasant viewing. So whilst bad for her I'm not upset for her either.

It's supposed 'represent' soldiering. Which is why you get assigned a horse it's meant to be 'hear you go now go deliver this important message'.

We have a pretty good history in this event although as described elsewhere it may as well be call 'Bond Villain Training'
More specifically, a soldier who finds himself behind enemy lines (pre-WWI).
So fight your way clear, swim a river, steal a horse, and run away whilst returning fire.
I'll be honest I know nothing about horsemanship but seeing how much she used the crop and spurs with a clearly distressed horse was pretty unpleasant viewing. So whilst bad for her I'm not upset for her either.

Absolutely agree. She was beaten before the clock even started, and pretty much everything she did made her lose the horse further. He was never going to perform for her, and she really shouldn't have tried to force him.
To my uneducated eyes, it looked like animal abuse

But not a interesting from a British POV.

oh well, Muir running now. And Silver. Great run.
Agreed - PB and missing out on a gold to an Olympic record performance is a damn good afternoon's work.

I think I'm going soft in my old age, I got quite emotional watching that for some reason. Reflecting the emotion she showed I guess.

I can understand being frustrated considering how close they were (0.01s!), but silver is great for the 4x100m

Watching a video now I fully agree with you. Way OTT and clearly hitting the horse in anger rather than just trying to direct it. None of the ~5 articles I read even raised the possibility that she'd bevahed badly, which does concern me that it might not be rare in the sport.

At the very least I don't have to feel guilty for laughing now. Infact in my headcanon the horse was grinning deliberately to mock her.

I can understand being frustrated considering how close they were (0.01s!), but silver is great for the 4x100m
Beginning to hate Italy in sport now. :mad: This isn't funny after the Euros.:(

Watching a video now I fully agree with you. Way OTT and clearly hitting the horse in anger rather than just trying to direct it. None of the ~5 articles I read even raised the possibility that she'd bevahed badly, which does concern me that it might not be rare in the sport.

At the very least I don't have to feel guilty for laughing now. Infact in my headcanon the horse was grinning deliberately to mock her.

NB. that's the coach, not the competitor. To my uneducated eyes, Schleu herself should also have been kicked out.

Last edited:

Latest posts