• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Opinions on The Allblacks and Austrailia not being licensed in the game ?

They wont officially have the player likenesses in the game but i'm sure that Ryan McCrow will coincidentally look a lot like Richie McCaw...

There are no limitations on player likeness, except for the fact that HB wouldn't have had access to the players to take really good shots from multiple angles. But i'm suer you've all heard of a little thing called 'Google Images' :D it's all in the public domain so it's all good...

... as long as it's coincidental and not deliberate ;)

They wont officially have the player likenesses in the game but i'm sure that Ryan McCrow will coincidentally look a lot like Richie McCaw...

There are no limitations on player likeness, except for the fact that HB wouldn't have had access to the players to take really good shots from multiple angles. But i'm suer you've all heard of a little thing called 'Google Images' :D it's all in the public domain so it's all good...

He has blonde hair far a start..

You'd like to think so, but player likenesses are part of the licensing agreements nowadays and it's plain from some of the screenshots out that right now that the number 7 for the All Blacks (for example) is a blond player, there is a completely bald Maori/Pacific Island guy and a bald European guy in the backlines for the AB's. Those all correspond to no-one real at all.

So what I'm saying is we have to hope that the reserves outside of the 22 playing, coincidentally have some similar looking players as the starting 15 looks pretty much nothing like the AB's so far and if we can't even change hair colour and eye colour or something minor like that, it's going to be a very hard job convincing people that they are playing the AB's or the Australians.

In that case, those sides will probably be played as a lot less and if people from the NH want to feel like they've earned a hard fought win over the Rugby World Cup hosts or the Wallabies, they'll have to do 90% of it in their imagination. They'll beat a team in Black that they are literally no more New Zealand than if they played the unlicensed Australians relabelled them with All Black names and pretended they were New Zealand.

I don't expect exact likenesses. I'd just like to know that there's a wide enough range of possibilities in the Reserves etc, that we can re-label some players and have a generic player with the same, skin, hair, and eye colour along with maybe head gear and body type of the people we'd like to play as. Facially they could be a little different, I'm not too worried about that, but at least cosmetically I'd like to be able to look past some minor details and say "that's a New Zealand I can deal with".

He has blonde hair far a start..

Right on the button. There's a grey haired (WTF????) number 4 lock too for a start. I'm just asking that there's a wide variety for options in the reserves.

Also, I'm putting rivalry with you Aussies aside too for now Wally mate, lol. I want a decent result for you guys and us kiwis. :D

lol its actually so simple you guys, most of us will be buying both games so just take the licensed rosters and player stats from one game and change them on the game that isnt licensed so all the work is done for you and the only thing that will be off is commentary and kits

lol its actually so simple you guys, most of us will be buying both games so just take the licensed rosters and player stats from one game and change them on the game that isnt licensed so all the work is done for you and the only thing that will be off is commentary and kits

It's not that simple. As far as is known right now, you can change player names and attributes (stats). There is no news whatsoever of a player creator, or the ability to alter hair, skin or eye colour.

The way it stands as of information right now, if there is no generic player in the game that looks like who you want to label them, you'll be stuck with a completely different looking generic player that can be labelled with name and attributes only.

By the sounds of things we can only change the players number and name... hopefully this either isn't the case or the players do somewhat resemble the actual All Blacks, Wallabies and whoever else isn't licensed...

Im a big rugby fan in Engalnd and i dont know every player in the Aus and NZ squads. There are a couple of players thats are obviously known world wide in each team but i couldnt describe the looks of any other players. I usually know them just by numbers so should be fine without them being looking the same. Also being English we are taught not to see New Zealand as the AllBlacks but just New Zealand. so theres that problem....as for Australia we dont worry about them at all. :D

so are HB allowed to make the New Zealand and Australia players look exactly like the real ones ?

Lucky the visuals are apparently so poor that the likenesses won't be remotely tangible ;)

To be brutally honest I don't see myself buying this game if I can't edit the appearances of the randomly generated players in the Australian team. I'd like to know what the position of the other Australian and Kiwi fans will be given this assumption. I'd imagine it would be quite the same as mine, meaning minimal sales in the Oceanic market.

so are HB allowed to make the New Zealand and Australia players look exactly like the real ones ?

Mate are you f***ing retarded or what?

All I know is that in Rugby Challenge you can edit absolutely everything to do with a player including faces. Give me a couple of days and i'll have the Springboks and France in Rugby Challenge. Enjoy playing with Kevin Farrah (All Blacks...Woops ''New Zealand's'' first five in Rugby World Cup) I'll be playing with Dan Carter thank you very much. ;)

to be brutally honest i don't see myself buying this game if i can't edit the appearances of the randomly generated players in the australian team. I'd like to know what the position of the other australian and kiwi fans will be given this assumption. I'd imagine it would be quite the same as mine, meaning minimal sales in the oceanic market.

Mate are you f***ing retarded or what?

no y?

To be brutally honest I don't see myself buying this game if I can't edit the appearances of the randomly generated players in the Australian team. I'd like to know what the position of the other Australian and Kiwi fans will be given this assumption. I'd imagine it would be quite the same as mine, meaning minimal sales in the Oceanic market.
I would like to think both games will sell so well in the unlicensed regions to make the Unions think, "Whoops!" But I fully understand why some/most people won't bother.

The unions won't understand or learn from mistakes. They're all still run by the insular old farts, living in the amateur era.

To be brutally honest I don't see myself buying this game if I can't edit the appearances of the randomly generated players in the Australian team. I'd like to know what the position of the other Australian and Kiwi fans will be given this assumption. I'd imagine it would be quite the same as mine

This is the big thing for us guys in the Aus/NZ market. I'd like it not to be so, but the indications are that we'll have a set number of unlicensed players (that we can't alter the appearance of in any way) that we can slap names on and maybe (just maybe) change positions of. HB have done a very good thing allowing name changes and attribute changes, but to be honest if it proves to be the case, it's just one step not far enough in my personal opinion.

I can understand Wally's frustration if this bears out as I'm wanting to feel like I'm supporting both teams 100%, but if Rugby Challenge players are able to create a bloody close to fully licensed competition with enough tinkering with 100's of players, then I'll be feeling pretty sad about not being able to change basic things like hair, skin & eye colour along with playing position, height and weight.

I'm still going to buy the game regardless and I'm not slagging it off. I've been looking forward to a new release from HB for a few years now and it'll be excrutiating knowing that Rugby Challenge have allowed our NH buddies to make a million changes, but HB (who I know can make an awesome rugby game) allows name and attributes only.

I'm sorry if it appears nagging and constant, but hey I have no idea when they have to send this game off to be mass manufactured and I'm pretty desperate to hear some good news back about this.

So far from NZ and Australia, most people must be fine with absolute nobodies being unchangable in our national teams in this game. As Wally and I are the only ones who seem worried about it.

I think aussies and kiwis who dont care, might find themselves feeling a little short changed when world cup fever kicks in and they
want to use their countries teams and players.

For me, Ive kind of half heartedly accepted it and will still buy and hopefully enjoy the game. Im really hoping that
the gameplay will be enough to carry it. My biggest worry is that RC will end up having sub
par gameplay like the RL series and Ill end up having no game to play witht the all blacks.

Latest posts