• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Oscar Pistorius - Paralypic Gold Medalist, Shoots and Kills Girlfriend

Yeah I get that it's a violent country and it's hard for none South Africans to understand, but still blindly firing off 4 rounds into your bathroom in the pitch black with your missus nearby seems pretty foolish, even for South Africa!

Its not actually that hard.

Based on yesterday's actions, and how well Oscar's defense attorney cross-examined the inspecting officer, I think the possibility of him walking is growing by the day.

I followed the entire court proceeding on News24, where journalists who were allowed into the courtroom, are tweeting everything that is happening.

at one stage one journalist tweeted "it's like watching a baby seal being clubbed" as the inspecting officer's testimony was teared to shreds...

On a lighter note, the SOuthern Kings have asked Oscar's Attorney to become their Defense Coach...

Lol, I don't think he'll walk, maybe Culpable Homicide, with mitigating factors and a plea bargain of some sorts...

He might evade jailtime, but that might be pushing it already.

Could be wrong but I think Ezeq was questioning the choice of words, 'walk away' - on the account of his lack of legs.

Oscar Pistorius - Olympic Gold Medalist, Shoots and Kills Girlfriend

Oscar has been granted bail at an amount of R1 million!!

Magistrate Nair said that the evidence given by the state was circumstancial and that the investigating officer was very poor.

Last edited:
R1 million? what's that like $3000? lets be serious about this, He shot into a bathroom... in his own house. He didn't realise his girlfriend had gotten up because it was *Pitch black* yet he could bring a fan inside and retrieve his pistol (while on his stumps), Now I don't know about you, but I've tried to walk on my knees before, and it is not at all silent, now unless Oscar has some sort of stealth stump happening or he's the great white Ninja he wouldn't be overly silent, and he said he called for Reever to turn on the light...... now did he whisper this? after he shot her? because usually you'd call for the light before shooting through a door -_-

R1 million? what's that like $3000? lets be serious about this, He shot into a bathroom... in his own house. He didn't realise his girlfriend had gotten up because it was *Pitch black* yet he could bring a fan inside and retrieve his pistol (while on his stumps), Now I don't know about you, but I've tried to walk on my knees before, and it is not at all silent, now unless Oscar has some sort of stealth stump happening or he's the great white Ninja he wouldn't be overly silent, and he said he called for Reever to turn on the light...... now did he whisper this? after he shot her? because usually you'd call for the light before shooting through a door -_-

Yes well, the bail-hearing relied mostly on the investigating officer and the evidence gathered, which were a total ****-up as the investigating officer made several screw-ups, or half-work. the evidence gathered so far, merely pointed out that it is circumstantial. The state had a weak case as everything they tried to prove, were then properly and correctly defended. The Magistrate was very annoyed with the state and the investigating officer and his judgement was correct in what was presented to him.

The state had to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was Pre-meditated murder, which they couldn't. and because Oscar admitted in his affidavit that he did shoot Reeva (by accident). he has an admission of guilt of some sort of crime. His defense attorney in his closing argument said that this case should've been tried as a culpable homicide-trial. in which the time and everything else would've been happening a lot quicker, with a lot less problems. This was probably the longest bail-hearing ever in South African History! and the Media had a big part to play with the delays.

Apparently Oscar's bail was paid by his uncle, a property-tycoon who builds shopping malls. Oscar is living with him until the 4th of June when he has to return to the court. he had to hand in all his passports, and is not allowed to enter any airport. If he wants to leave Pretoria, he has to inform the court before hand. 2 correctional officers will be with him at all times and they must have a contact number to reach him 24-hours.

When this goes to trial, it will be interesting to see what will happen. Whether the state will still go for the schedule 6 prosecution, or move down to the schedule 5 prosecution and what exactly will be all the charges brought against him... As far as Oscar goes, I think he should try to arrange a plea bargain with the state, partly because the state needs some damage control after the Bail-hearing shambles. Give Oscar the benefit of the doubt (which is clearly in his favour at this time). let him plead guilty to manslaughter, and then put him under correctional control/care. put him under house arrest for about 2-3 years and let him pay a hefty fine along with community service.

Our law stipulates that if a disabled person has missing limbs, and becomes incarcerated, he/she will be held captive in the hospital of the prison. so Oscar won't be held in a jail cell anyways. this is partly because other prisoners could use his prosthetics as a weapon...

I just wonder how the police would put an ankle bracelet on him... :p

Yes well, the bail-hearing relied mostly on the investigating officer and the evidence gathered, which were a total ****-up as the investigating officer made several screw-ups, or half-work. the evidence gathered so far, merely pointed out that it is circumstantial. The state had a weak case as everything they tried to prove, were then properly and correctly defended. The Magistrate was very annoyed with the state and the investigating officer and his judgement was correct in what was presented to him.

The state had to prove beyond reasonable doubt that it was Pre-meditated murder, which they couldn't. and because Oscar admitted in his affidavit that he did shoot Reeva (by accident). he has an admission of guilt of some sort of crime. His defense attorney in his closing argument said that this case should've been tried as a culpable homicide-trial. in which the time and everything else would've been happening a lot quicker, with a lot less problems. This was probably the longest bail-hearing ever in South African History! and the Media had a big part to play with the delays.

Apparently Oscar's bail was paid by his uncle, a property-tycoon who builds shopping malls. Oscar is living with him until the 4th of June when he has to return to the court. he had to hand in all his passports, and is not allowed to enter any airport. If he wants to leave Pretoria, he has to inform the court before hand. 2 correctional officers will be with him at all times and they must have a contact number to reach him 24-hours.

When this goes to trial, it will be interesting to see what will happen. Whether the state will still go for the schedule 6 prosecution, or move down to the schedule 5 prosecution and what exactly will be all the charges brought against him... As far as Oscar goes, I think he should try to arrange a plea bargain with the state, partly because the state needs some damage control after the Bail-hearing shambles. Give Oscar the benefit of the doubt (which is clearly in his favour at this time). let him plead guilty to manslaughter, and then put him under correctional control/care. put him under house arrest for about 2-3 years and let him pay a hefty fine along with community service.

Our law stipulates that if a disabled person has missing limbs, and becomes incarcerated, he/she will be held captive in the hospital of the prison. so Oscar won't be held in a jail cell anyways. this is partly because other prisoners could use his prosthetics as a weapon...

I just wonder how the police would put an ankle bracelet on him... :p

I'm thinking if they take away his blades he won't get far...at least very fast.

A couple of questions Heineken -

How accurate are the reports on his domestic violence issues? (there's the stuff we read but that's different from local news)
How common is something like the Police Lead Investigator being so negligent on such a high profile case (as well as the fact that he has to defend his own case)?

I talk to saffa's here and their pretty dismissive of local policing, but this honestly seems on par with what I've seen in the Islands. (Samoa in particular, and my tongan friends can vouch for Tongan police)

A couple of questions Heineken -

How accurate are the reports on his domestic violence issues? (there's the stuff we read but that's different from local news)

The Domestic Violence issue was addressed in his bail-hearing. It's a bit of a meh-issue. The thing is, it was the same investigating officer that handled that issue as well. But what came out in the trial was, that it was a false accusation by a girl who was at his house for a party. Oscar has filed a civil lawsuit against the girl for slander and will be heard later this year...

How common is something like the Police Lead Investigator being so negligent on such a high profile case (as well as the fact that he has to defend his own case)?

His own case has nothing to do with Oscar's case, and I think the charges brought against him, after it was previously withdrawn makes me think that this was just a ploy by the state, to get rid of the investigating officer after he screwed up their case for them.

I talk to saffa's here and their pretty dismissive of local policing, but this honestly seems on par with what I've seen in the Islands. (Samoa in particular, and my tongan friends can vouch for Tongan police)

The local policing is something of a worry, mainly because of the corruption in local government and bribery by the Rich and Political people. This is a big debate all on its own which I don't really want to get into as some might call me a racist/xenophobe/Right Wing/Hater... But the recruiting plays a big role and that they only allow mostly non-whites is part of the problem. Most crimes happen in the rural areas, yes and a white guy will stick out like a sore thumb, but in the city areas with the more wealthier people, they need to raise awareness, and have people of the same ethnic groups as the people who live there. Mainly because it will give the residents a better sense of security, but also it will prevent communication problems and the wealthier people pay more taxes than the poorer people...

there are soooooo many issues that the list are nearly endless. but with overcrowded prisons, no death penalty, one of the biggest violent Crime rates in the world, poor policing, lousy salaries, lack of resources, lack of enthusiasm and a little bit of racism(hatred) still around... these problems will take a long while to be resolved.

Thanks for that Heineken, I'm almost over the whole thing.

It's nice to hear something solid that's close to the source.

Pistorious, Armstrong, Woods - hopefully that's a warning to the younger folk (and the parents that encourage it) to stop believing that their heroes are beyond human.

Now if Usain Bolt messes up - I would be mightily displeased.

Thanks for that Heineken, I'm almost over the whole thing.

It's nice to hear something solid that's close to the source.

Pistorious, Armstrong, Woods - hopefully that's a warning to the younger folk (and the parents that encourage it) to stop believing that their heroes are beyond human.

Now if Usain Bolt messes up - I would be mightily displeased.

8499252634_b98c2e7358_z.jpg

he dated the village bicycle, he was too proud/too big of an ego to just leave it... he shot her as she was running away from him... she went to hide on the toilet and locked the door, he fired 3 shots through the door... then he made up this story to let him look like the victim...

he dated the village bicycle, he was too proud/too big of an ego to just leave it... he shot her as she was running away from him... she went to hide on the toilet and locked the door, he fired 3 shots through the door... then he made up this story to let him look like the victim...

Yeah, uhm no...

Your father dated the village bicycle, given your respect for the dead.

Are any of you Non-Saffas following his trial hearing??

It's day 3 of the hearing and Oscar's Defence team are grilling the witnesses under cross-examination. I'm really enjoying the trial so far as it is very gripping stuff and shows how our Criminal Justice system works, and how it's different from Hollywood Movies...

Yeah I've been watching. It seems like the hack-job investigating by SA police really has helped Pistorius.

Yeah I've been watching. It seems like the hack-job investigating by SA police really has helped Pistorius.

Is that what they show abroad?

They haven't even started yet with the police investigation or the forensic evidence.

They are now examining witnesses about the shooting that took place at a restaurant a while ago...

Latest posts