• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Player Rating Game

Thread-Direction.jpg

Parrisse [/b]

Tango Man

Don't know f you guys noticed but you find often in EA Rugby, that highly rated players (>90 let say) are rated this way due to "Handling" skills, IE Conrad Smith not being an outstanding centre (still damn good but not like B.O.D) but being rated 96 because of Handling stat...
What do you guys think about this ?
Is it because of this that M.Nonu will never be rated more than 82/83 ?
On the over hand, props like Sheridan or Os du Randt are rated more than 90, and I don't think they have such handling stats (can someone check that ?)

anyway, can't wait to have my hands on Rugby 08... graphics looks a bit dissapointing, not much improvements on this side... but still, ahhhhhhhh, Rugby video gaaaaaaaame...... raaaaaaahh!!!!

each position must value different ratings higher than others - like madden nfl

so a prop with 90 scrummaging and 20 handling is still rated high. and a winger with 90 scrummaging and 20 handling is crap (wendel sailor :D)

no northern hemisphere player should be rated higher than 90 :p [/b]
Are you well in the head? I dont know or care where you are from but BOd is better than your 13, Denis Leamy is better than your 8, Paul O'Connel is better than at least one of your locks and D'Arcy is probably better than your 12.
Also what about: ROG, David Wallace, Jauzion, Nyanga, Wilkinson, David Streetle, James Hook, Ibanez, Jason Robinson and Jason White

<div class='quotemain'> no northern hemisphere player should be rated higher than 90 :p [/b]
Are you well in the head? I dont know or care where you are from but BOd is better than your 13, Denis Leamy is better than your 8, Paul O'Connel is better than at least one of your locks and D'Arcy is probably better than your 12.
Also what about: ROG, David Wallace, Jauzion, Nyanga, Wilkinson, David Streetle, James Hook, Ibanez, Jason Robinson and Jason White
[/b][/quote]

Some people might think otherwise....But i wont bother arguing with you

Lets start again shall we?

Someone rate....Tana Umaga

Regardless of my thoughts of whether any NH'er should be rated above 90 or not I honestly hope that there are lots of NH players that are.

The reason?

With the ai looking even worse than '06 the only way most people will get a challenge out of this game is if most players are rated close to 100.

Although thinking about it now - maybe it would be good not to rate any player above 80. And then give two or three players per nation really high ratings. This would affect how nations would play - for example if a team had really highly rated wingers you would need to play an expansive game to play to the full potential of that side. Likewise if you were playing against a side with really good wingers you would need to adapt your style to ensure that you keep their wingers in check.

But anyway back to business...

(Tana Umaga) 86

Reuben Thorne?

Players in SH who I think should be rated 95-100 are Dan Carter, Richie McCaw, George Gregan, Stephen Larkham, Victor Matfield, Schalk Burger

Between 90-95 are Carl Hayman,Kevin Mealamu,Chris Jack, Jerry Collins, Byron Kelleher, Joe Rokocoko, Malili Muliaina, Nathan Sharpe, George Smith, Matt Giteau, Stirling Mortlock, Chris Latham, Os Du Rant, Jon Smit, Bakkes Botha, Juan Smith, Ruian Pienaar, Andre Pretorius, Jean DeVillers, Bryan Habana, Percy Montgomery

Latest posts