• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Posts moved from Game 6 topic: the Aboriginal debate

B

BigTen

Yeah it is funny how Australians, even the ones that know next to nothing about rugby will constantly bring up the two world cup wins, and three final appearances.

On doing so I always ask them why it is that I never see Aborigines wearing suits in Melbourne and why it is that the only Aborigines that I see on tv are either criminals or playing sport.

That shuts them up real quick!

On doing so I always ask them why it is that I never see Aborigines wearing suits in Melbourne and why it is that the only Aborigines that I see on tv are either criminals or playing sport.

Why would that shut us up? Many aboriginals live in poor communities and don't receive decent education, so many turn to crime. Sports tends to be a big part of their culture/community so of course they'll produce good sports people. On top of that, aboriginals represent an extremely small part of the population, as well as the fact that many of them have a lot of euro blood in them and you won't recognise many as being aboriginal.

Allblacks defensively were huge.

Not really. The wallabies defence just didn't challenge them in any way. Offensively it was a poor game from both sides.

if it werent for the sh*t weather, the ABs would of cleaned up big time

Stop kidding yourself, the scoreline was slightly flattering to the ABs. Neither team was great and both were poor offensively. One try to none is a fair result.

they knew in their hearts that they had no show of winning tonight

Willing to talk smack after the match huh. Typical kiwi arrogance (no offense to kiwi's, but many of you are unbelievably arrogant when it comes to rugby).

Yeah it is funny how Australians, even the ones that know next to nothing about rugby will constantly bring up the two world cup wins, and three final appearances.

[/b]

Really? If i was proposed with such a question, rather than being "shut up" I'd provide the blatantly obvious answer that the indigenous population of Australia (take into account you're classified as an indigenous citizen if 1/8 Aboriginal and thus may not look like your stereotypical Aboriginal at all) constitutes only 2% of the total Australian population.

While on the other hand, 9.2% of New Zealanders are of Asian descent, so could I not just ask you why I don't regularly see any Asians walking around in business suits in Auckland or Dunedin?

You must associate with really stupid Australians.

[/b]

Yeah you sure showed those guys........ that you're a racist ******.well done.

I mean seriously, what a completely ignorant and irrelevant piece of trivia that is.

That would be like me saying - "yeah you guys may have won the Bledisloe,but did you know that the Maori population makes up half the prison numbers in New Zealand despite being less than 13% of the overall population".... " and that even though there are more Keeweez living in Australia than there are indigenous Australians, the only Maoris i've ever seen wearing suits are the ones working outside nightclubs".

Of course, i'd never say such a thing, not only because it's completely racist, but because it has absolutely nothing to do with rugby!.

Now,i don't often get genuinely ****** at other members on this forum, but you've outdone yourself here.I'll give you a chance to clear the air here before anything else happens.

Yours in anticipation...

T,

I might want to point out that that was quite a low blow. Not even in the most furious of verbal tussles between England and Australia do either set of fans bring up racism. Tsk tsk!

I would be confident in saying that despite our differences, me and Mr Truth would be united in our desire to see racism being given a kick in the nuts.

<div class='quotemain'> Yeah it is funny how Australians, even the ones that know next to nothing about rugby will constantly bring up the two world cup wins, and three final appearances.

[/b]

That would be like me saying - "yeah you guys may have won the Bledisloe,but did you know that the Maori population makes up half the prison numbers in New Zealand despite being less than 13% of the overall population".... " and that even though there are more Keeweez living in Australia than there are indigenous Australians, the only Maoris i've ever seen wearing suits are the ones working outside nightclubs".
[/b][/quote]

Sorry mate but you are using a 3rd party story stating racist points yourself!! "I would never say some thing

like that but I will use racists remarks to prove how wrong you are :wall: don`t know which is the more offensive posts. I am not saying it but I really am doh!!!!

Try engaging your brain before you type.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Yeah it is funny how Australians, even the ones that know next to nothing about rugby will constantly bring up the two world cup wins, and three final appearances.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Sorry mate but you are using a 3rd party story stating racist points yourself!! "I would never say some thing

like that but I will use racists remarks to prove how wrong you are :wall: don`t know which is the more offensive posts. I am not saying it but I really am doh!!!!

Try engaging your brain before you type. [/b][/quote]

Have to marvel at your desperation, Bokke. Let no-one claim that utter stupidity ever deterred you from a weak and pointless contribution.

"...Yeah you sure showed those guys........ that you're a racist ******.well done.

I mean seriously, what a completely ignorant and irrelevant piece of trivia that is.

Of course, i'd never say such a thing, not only because it's completely racist, but because it has absolutely nothing to do with rugby!.

Now,i don't often get genuinely ****** at other members on this forum, but you've outdone yourself here.I'll give you a chance to clear the air here before anything else happens.

Yours in anticipation...

T,..."
The Truth.

Ohhhh I am really frightened - what are you going to do? Ban me - as if you even have the power to do that, you big scary Moderator.

1) There has never been anything that I have ever written on this forum that could even be construed as racist. Do you even know what racism is?

And I did know that the Maori population are vastly over-represented in prison population numbers. I believe that New Zealand (on a per-capita rate) has one of the highest imprisonment rates in the OECD. So obviously it is totally unacceptable for it to be that high and also for the numbers of Maori (in prison) to be so high. It is not as if they have a genetic leaning to ciminal behaviour so there are obviously other factors that can be identified and resolved.

And also the original point was what it was that I did when Australians that had no idea about rugby would just slide over to me at work and start boasting about how good Australian's record at the world cup is. I don't start on them on Monday morning if their favourite aussie rules club lost so I hit them back with something that I know shuts them up.

Most Australians that I know do kind of feel bad about how their governments over the years have treated their indigenous people. And by pointing it out I encourage them not to talk about things that they don't know about. If they wanted to have a serious discussion about rugby I would be less blunt.

If they want to take cheap shots so will I.

I could come out and say nasty stuff about Australians and I would not be guilty of racism. Simply becasue Australia is not a race and for me to be racist I have to say something about a particular race as oppossed to nation.

Therefore I am not racist.

And your weak threats are boring.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'> Yeah it is funny how Australians, even the ones that know next to nothing about rugby will constantly bring up the two world cup wins, and three final appearances.

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Try engaging your brain before you type. [/b][/quote]

Have to marvel at your desperation, Bokke. Let no-one claim that utter stupidity ever deterred you from a weak and pointless contribution.

[/b][/quote]

:bravo: great comeback on explaining your usage of racists remarks to try and prove your point. As usual "God" oops sorry I mean The Truth you are the great , intelligent & the almighty!!! Now being a moderator( a role that should require some maturity) why not get back to rugby instead of tring to bag every one here. Now after this I will let you have your last say as we all know how much you love to do that ;) and then hopefully this thread will be well "moderated" on purely rugby points

I think Mortlock had a great game as usual and his defence outstanding the only 13 ahead of him for me is O Driscoll as he is as a good defender and devastatiing on attack.

I think the 12 & 13 All Blacks had a quiet game but they can`t help it if Kelleher is starting as I think his distribution is poor, poor decisions and he is to greedy . Start with Leonard now he is a star in the making if not one already. He was oustanding in the Super 14 as well.

"...Yeah you sure showed those guys........ that you're a racist ******.well done.

Yours in anticipation...

T,..."
The Truth.

Ohhhh I am really frightened - what are you going to do? Ban me - as if you even have the power to do that, you big scary Moderator.

1) There has never been anything that I have ever written on this forum that could even be construed as racist. Do you even know what racism is?

And I did know that the Maori population are vastly over-represented in prison population numbers. I believe that New Zealand (on a per-capita rate) has one of the highest imprisonment rates in the OECD. So obviously it is totally unacceptable for it to be that high and also for the numbers of Maori (in prison) to be so high. It is not as if they have a genetic leaning to ciminal behaviour so there are obviously other factors that can be identified and resolved.

And also the original point was what it was that I did when Australians that had no idea about rugby would just slide over to me at work and start boasting about how good Australian's record at the world cup is. I don't start on them on Monday morning if their favourite aussie rules club lost so I hit them back with something that I know shuts them up.

Most Australians that I know do kind of feel bad about how their governments over the years have treated their indigenous people. And by pointing it out I encourage them not to talk about things that they don't know about. If they wanted to have a serious discussion about rugby I would be less blunt.

I could come out and say nasty stuff about Australians and I would not be guilty of racism. Simply becasue Australia is not a race and for me to be racist I have to say something about a particular race as oppossed to nation.

Therefore I am not racist.

And your weak threats are boring.
[/b]

What the hell has wearing a suite got to do with anything? .Do you ,for some reason, think you're better than the aboriginals you've met/seen because they aren't wearing suits?... it sure sounds that way.

I honestly don't see what someone chooses to wear has anything to do with anything, let alone rugby.

If you feel that having a go at Indiginous Australians is the best way of responding to some friendly banter from your work colleagues, then i really feel sorry for you. It's no wonder your work mates appear shocked.

Therefore I am not racist.[/b]

If you had a go Australians in general, then it would not be racist, it would just make you look like a bit of an idiot for emigrating to a country full of people you so obviously dispise.

But you didn't have a go at Aussies in general,did you?. You had a go at a particular race of Australians, Aboriginies!, and how their so-called lack of dress sense makes them somehow inferior to pompous,pretentious,suite-wearing superiors like yourself.

I work with two South Africans who were quick to rub it in on the monday morning after the Boks won the first match of the Tri-Nations (as they should). My response was to jokingly point out the manner in which they won the game,a few past statistics and to ensure them that we'd get 'em back on the return leg - just some friendly banter. Not once did i think about bringing up aparthied or any of the social problems the black population is facing in their homeland - thats just not on as far as i'm concerned, and any of that sorta talk has no place on a rugby thread.

I might want to point out that that was quite a low blow. Not even in the most furious of verbal tussles between England and Australia do either set of fans bring up racism. Tsk tsk!

I would be confident in saying that despite our differences, me and Mr Truth would be united in our desire to see racism being given a kick in the nuts. [/b]

Agreed.

Easy tiger... just end it.
Rise above brother... [/b]

smartest comment ever

i'm tired of the whole "my country is better than your country because..."

look i'm an aussie and i can see that new zealand has a few positives: L&P, tui, BK chicken burger, chocolate fish, sizzlers, and the sheep are a lot more friendly :lol:

Yeah, sorry to pull everyone up when they seem to having such a good time slaggin each other.... guy's recommend on the RUGBY forum, try and keep it to the RUGBY... and if you do want to go off you ***, not that I'm saying you should... you can always use PM.

Had one thought the other day, I went to the game in Melbourne and took two friends, one new enough about the game to get by, but the other had no idea after being brain washed by the AFL for over 40 years.
First 30 mins and the Kiwi's score and everything's looking pretty good for the men in black, the guy that didn't know to much about the game asked 'what's going on?'

I said the scores wah wah, that means the Aussies have to score wah wah...

The guy in front of me turned around and said 'you think the Aussies are going to score?'

Snigger, snigger...

Well mate, here's to you - you idiot, 5 minutes later.... TRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!
Next half... TRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYY!!!!

Good on you son, in my books you're just special.

look i'm an aussie and i can see that new zealand has a few positives: L&P, tui, BK chicken burger, chocolate fish, sizzlers, and the sheep are a lot more friendly :lol:
[/b]
You forgot Speights!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
You forgot Speights! [/b][/quote]

yeah speights is alright too, prefer tui though. my local bottlo sells both and they're cheaper than carlton draught and VB, so i buy kiwi beer as it's not as bloating. either that or pure blonde

the truth,

You don't get it, do you? You simply do not understand.

"...What the hell has wearing a suite (sic) got to do with anything? .Do you ,for some reason, think you're better than the aboriginals you've met/seen because they aren't wearing suits?... it sure sounds that way.

I honestly don't see what someone chooses to wear has anything to do with anything, let alone rugby.

If you feel that having a go at Indiginous Australians is the best way of responding to some friendly banter from your work colleagues, then i really feel sorry for you. It's no wonder your work mates appear shocked..."
the truth.

You should take a moment to read your statement - it doesn't make any sense. I never said anything negative about Aborigines.

1. I don't think that I am better than the Aborigines I've seen that aren't wearing suits - I never said anything like that.

2. I also don't think that what people choose to wear has anything to do with rugby (unless we are talking about those horrible pink training jerseys the All Blacks wore) - I also never said anything that.

"...On doing so I always ask them why it is that I never see Aborigines wearing suits in Melbourne and why it is that the only Aborigines that I see on tv are either criminals or playing sport..."

This is what I said. Now most people with even a small amount of intelligence would interpret that as why Aborigines only achieve visibility playing sports or as criminals. I have lived in Melbourne since March 2003 and I have never seen an Aborigine wearing a suit (or as the truth likes to write - suite) in Melbourne. I have also never worked with one. To me this basically shouts that for some reason Aborigines only have one chance for fame and that is through their sporting prowess. Why is that? I believe that there is a low level of rampant racism that operates under Australia's society which ensures that Aborigines do not get the same opportunities that "white fellas" like me get.

Most of the people that I work with understand this and when they take "cheap shots" at me I am quick to bring something up that I know troubles them. If they were after a serious rugby discussion I would not resort to this. I am sure that I have already said this but the truth either choose to ignore this or disturbingly fails to exhibit the mental ability to understand it.

All I am doing is having a go at how poorly Australia has treated their inidigenous people. If someone was to highlight the treatment of the Maori in New Zealand I would agree and accept any criticsm. Although unlike you - the truth - I have actually being active in trying to address some of the inequality facing the Maori people. All you do is point your finger and cry "racist, racist".

"...If you had a go Australians in general, then it would not be racist, it would just make you look like a bit of an idiot for emigrating to a country full of people you so obviously dispise.

But you didn't have a go at Aussies in general,did you?. You had a go at a particular race of Australians, Aboriginies!, and how their so-called lack of dress sense makes them somehow inferior to pompous,pretentious,suite-wearing superiors like yourself..."
the truth.

Yeah I was actually having a go at Australians there - well done for not picking that. It doesn't surprise me as even though you are a moderator you have never really proven yourself to be that quick on the uptake. So again; I didn't have a go at Aborigines (that should be blatantly obvious by now), I didn't talk about their dress sense at all (I merely alluded to the fact that I never see any succesful looking Aborigines in Melbourne - I always see Maori, and other Polynesians wearing suits in Wellington - and therefore ask my work colleagues (whom it is important to note only ever talk to me about rugby just after the All Blacks lose - they never talk about rugby at any other time because they have no interest in it -)), and when did I say that I wore a suit (or according to the truth - suite) and thought that it made me superior to other non-suite wearing people? Never, that is when.

Now I know that there are succesful non-suit wearing people out there and I am going by a bit of a flawed conception that if I was to see an Aborigine in a suit then that person must be successful - because clearly that is flawed but I just wonder why I have never seen a single example. I feel that, even though I am obviously hitting back, it is a legitimate question.

I hope that this further explanation clears it up - if not maybe you should take someone else's advice.

"Try engaging your brain before you type." TheBokke.

And also why am I not allow to criticise Australia? I live here - I could even claim citizenship if I really wanted to - and I pay tax. A lot more tax than you do. I also do not make claims on the health system or any other public resource. I don't even have a Medicare card.

So the truth - you can resort to upping my warning level (first time that I have a warning level above 0% and I have been posting on these forums since 2005) and giving me a neg rep but in the end this whole issue has come down to you misunderstanding my original post and jumping to an incorrect conclusion.

But that is okay - I think that a neg rep from you is a badge of honour and I wear it with pride.

You have totally gotten the wrong idea with my post - I thought that it was pretty obvious and it is sad that you resorted to calling me a "racist ******" without grasping the full story or even giving me a chance to explain. Sad!

"...I might want to point out that that was quite a low blow. Not even in the most furious of verbal tussles between England and Australia do either set of fans bring up racism. Tsk tsk!.." Prestwick

I trust - Prestwick - that you now understand where I am coming from and that you, and others simply misunderstood my post. I would have thought that what I was saying was obvious but can also acknowledge that there may have been some legitimate confusion. But I am sure that I can recall some pretty nasty language being used between Aussie and English fans down the years on this board. Far nastier than I have ever used.

I've moved these posts as I feel they have no baring on the topic they were in. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets too heated it will be closed.

"...I might want to point out that that was quite a low blow. Not even in the most furious of verbal tussles between England and Australia do either set of fans bring up racism. Tsk tsk!.." Prestwick

I trust - Prestwick - that you now understand where I am coming from and that you, and others simply misunderstood my post. I would have thought that what I was saying was obvious but can also acknowledge that there may have been some legitimate confusion. But I am sure that I can recall some pretty nasty language being used between Aussie and English fans down the years on this board. Far nastier than I have ever used. [/b]

Ah hahaha! In the UK it is a very tricky subject. Everyone has an opinion on it but prefers not to dwell on it in public. Some verrry nasty words have been exchanged between English and Aussie fans, but I haven't seen a situation where one side has brought up anything on how each nation has treated its ethnic minorities. Its far easier to throw beer over your opponent to be honest.

Like I said, it isn't really a subject I am that comfortable on.

"...but I haven't seen a situation where one side has brought up anything on how each nation has treated its ethnic minorities..." Prestwick.

You're joking right? I have seen a lot and when I was living in England, heard a lot.

Also the ***le of this thread should be changed to:

"When Moderators Attack..."

Latest posts