• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Potential citings for Quarterfinals

Like referees, maybe we should use some filming team that have nothing to do with the countries involved ?? As Video refering is becoming important ??

Yep. American NFL television crews. Is that OK?

Okay, I keep hearing this story about a finger, that is purely a rumour and a wrong one. From the screenshots you can clearly see Pape has grabbed his side, nowhere near his shorts.View attachment 4026
CRL-uQRWEAAa01j.jpg
This screenshot has been floating around twitter this morning... I'm not sure that I buy it as a line of defence though.

Last edited:
The SOB punch is the worst bit of foul play I've seen yet at this tournament.
His rwc could well be over. Irelands chances without him in the team will also nose dive.

It's a shame, a full strength Irish side was more than capable of beating Australia, if they can even get past Argentina now.

CRL-uQRWEAAa01j.jpg
This screenshot has been floating around twitter this morning... I'm not sure that I buy it as a line of defence though.

Fair enough, I hadn't seen that. But from this image it looks like his hand is more over to his side rather than in plugging position. Also, considering his hand is higher and still on that side in the shots I uploaded, I believe that he rode his hand up, not across. Maybe SOB took offence to being stroked:D (and then held).

Yeah, that video makes it clear that the most that happened was some fairly innocuous contact. You have to wonder where these rumours originate sometimes...

For those who talk about 1 week ban, I would like to remind everybody why the french are thinking these bans have always been heavier for their players : Pape had a 10 weeks ban for what he has done to Heaslip, just as a reminder.

I'm ready to believe that Pape behaviour was maybe a bit nastier (though he has insisted after that he has not made it on purpose with french media..I do not really believe it but still...) because coming in the back of heaslip... but 1 to 10 weeks ????

It is like we know already that the sanction will be softer for an irish man, it is already a given, we are used to it as frenchies.

For those who talk about 1 week ban, I would like to remind everybody why the french are thinking these bans have always been heavier for their players : Pape had a 10 weeks ban for what he has done to Heaslip, just as a reminder.

I'm ready to believe that Pape behaviour was maybe a bit nastier (though he has insisted after that he has not made it on purpose with french media..I do not really believe it but still...) because coming in the back of heaslip... but 1 to 10 weeks ????

It is like we know already that the sanction will be softer for an irish man, it is already a given, we are used to it as frenchies.
A strike to the stomach with a half clenched fist from a standing position is probably at least ten times less serious than a strike with the knee to the back with a running start breaking the player's back. Those two incidents are incomparable.

A strike to the stomach with a half clenched fist from a standing position is probably at least ten times less serious than a strike with the knee to the back with a running start breaking the player's back. Those two incidents are incomparable.

I do not agree but I guess it is all about bias in this case. Again, think about what you would have said if Pape would have punched SOB the same way, you would be asking for terminating his world cup at least and calling him "Dirty scum". The knee impact onHheaslip was not that high speed even if nasty certainly. SOB could have hurt Pape also much more as well.

There is Nastiness in the 2 intentions in my own perspective.

I do not think that Pape wanted to target any vertebrae.

I do not agree but I guess it is all about bias in this case. Again, think about what you would have said if Pape would have punched SOB the same way, you would be asking for terminating his world cup at least and calling him "Dirty scum". The knee impact onHheaslip was not that high speed even if nasty certainly. SOB could have hurt Pape also much more as well.
If O'Brien was a professional heavyweight boxer he may have managed to injure Pape for the match. Pape could have paralysed Heaslip... I wouldn't call anyone, in a one off case, striking a player 'dirty scum'. Anyone who has played rugby for a significant period of time has thrown a punch in anger.

Here, put these on:

model24b.jpg

There is Nastiness in the 2 intentions in my own perspective.

I do not think that Pape wanted to target any vertebrae.

Kneeing someone in the back after running at them from a distance has far more potential for injury than a punch to the stomach. Come on now.

Sob should take at least 4 weeks, if not, just make a new rule precising the sanction depends on the nationality

Latest posts