• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Potential citings for Quarterfinals

A certain Irish ref already has his name on those.

Which one? Fitzgibbon or Clancy?

Probably should give them one each.

- - - Updated - - -

I think its a joke.

Further reinforcement to the view that grappling well off the ball is indeed considered legal in the eyes of the referees and authorities.

IMO - you hold a player off the ball - you deserve a punch in the face*.

*I would re-evaluate this if the referees or authorities actually punished it.

Three weeks each for Ford and Gray apparently. Bosch gets one. You couldn't make this tripe up.

Cheap shot punches are now accepted in the game, just don't try and tackle anyone...

That decision is disgusting. It was off the ball, intentional and malicious.

SOB has previous for striking French players who hold onto him. Watch this clip of him elbowing Nyanga.

[video=youtube_share;zI1M0EeIgdg]http://youtu.be/zI1M0EeIgdg[/video]

If you ignore reductions for good behaviour and appeals Pape, Hooper, Pocock, Bosch, SOB (feel free to include JP Pietersen to) incidents total a whopping 6 weeks. If you combine Tuilagi, Ford and Gray you get 15 weeks. uh huh ok

Last edited:
Gray understandable (doesn't seem to correlate with other incidents but that's nothing new), seems very harsh on Ford though.

Edit: By nothing new I mean the citing system is inconsistent in general, not alleging an anti Scottish conspiracy!

Schmidt dared to cry before the audition sayin that they cant afford an extra missing player cos of injuries. Rugby again shows its favoritism to Uk countries. This sanction is a superjoke. This world cup on a refering point of veiw is a joke, i dont know what to expect on the next matches. Headbut for fun, spine rupture but "provoked", face stomped but with excuses... this is pathetic, call it amateur.

Nothing new, the stronger teams always being favored. Galarza, who didn't even hurt his opponent intentionally, got 8 more weeks of ban than SOB, utterly ridiculous.

Nothing new, the stronger teams always being favored. Galarza, who didn't even hurt his opponent intentionally, got 8 more weeks of ban than SOB, utterly ridiculous.

Beyond ridiculous indeed, anyway. 1 week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but what is the messge sent? Everyday, rugbgy "pros" talk **** about football and its undiscplined players etc. In any SERIOUS and PRO sport, punching an oponent on purpose is not only 1 week suspension. This is outrageous, and AGAIN an insult to all non UK federations.

Australian cites two Scottish players and Englishman bans them,absolute disgrace.

Schmidt dared to cry before the audition sayin that they cant afford an extra missing player cos of injuries. Rugby again shows its favoritism to Uk countries. This sanction is a superjoke. This world cup on a refering point of veiw is a joke, i dont know what to expect on the next matches. Headbut for fun, spine rupture but "provoked", face stomped but with excuses... this is pathetic, call it amateur.

Can you not refer to the Irish team as part of "UK countries"? Northern Ireland (one small part of the UK) is but 1/6th of the entire island of Ireland, which is what what this rugby team represents.

I dont get the big freak out either. It was a slap, at worst a punch, to the stomach, seemingly provoked by Pape pulling at his side. If the referee had seen it in game that wouldve warranted no more than a yellow :huh:

Last edited:

UK countries, ahem ...people from the republic would take offence to this overgore. Learn some geography outside of france you muppet! :mad:

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/james-horwill-suspended-for-one-week/

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/owen-franks-suspended-for-two-weeks/

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/hayden-triggs-suspended-for-one-week/

http://www.sanzarrugby.com/superrugby/news/bekhuis-issued-citing-commissioner-warning/

This is not really an unusual punishment for striking as evidenced as above.

People really need to do some reading and understand how the punishments are laid out.

Galarza was also considered to be a low entry point and actually had three weeks reduced. Once the Commissioner determined he made contact with the eye area he had to choose one of the set out punishment thresholds. Note I'm not saying I agree with him being cited.

The punishment thresholds are laid out in advance. There's a good bit of clarity to the procedures for anyone who wants to take a look.

Also not wanting to start **** slinging or anything but I love how Bosch has gotten off with barely a mention around here despite doing something which is generally considered to be more dangerous. Probably lucky it was against Namibia.

Last edited:
2 Scotland players are banned after being cited by a commissioner from the country they are due to play next. Player from same country gets a warning. How does that work?