• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Round 10

Tbh it's forward, but I'm also happy that TMOs aren't wasting time looking for the right angle. They didn't say it wasn't forward, just that they didn't have an angle that showed it was a clear and obvious error. There has to be a line between getting the right decision and wasting time and I think this is as good as it gets. I imagine in a final they would spend more time looking at it.

It was definitely forward. But then so was Varney's pass in the build up to Hastings' try. Ideally neither try would/should have stood but it evened itself out so no big deal.

How typical that Saracens fans only want to talk about the Quins forward pass.

Tbh it's forward, but I'm also happy that TMOs aren't wasting time looking for the right angle. They didn't say it wasn't forward, just that they didn't have an angle that showed it was a clear and obvious error. There has to be a line between getting the right decision and wasting time and I think this is as good as it gets. I imagine in a final they would spend more time looking at it.
But the issue is...its so blatantly forward....its not wasting time. One look at the screen...forward pass...easy. Doesn't need to be a full inquiry on the pitch.

The officials need to really sort it all out...the hit on Blamire in the Saracens game...a yellow minimum...most have been getting reds...and yet nothing.

AO-F having the kind of afternoon that reminds us how young he is and how much he has to learn. He'll be better for it and a few more like it.

Like Pearson but really not sure what to make of him. Impactful but doesn't seem quite busy enough for a 7. Maybe he'll become more of a utility back rower.

Hate watching Ford now. He's capable of so much more. Depressing reflection on something - who knows whether it's him, the coaching or the game in general.

Sad indictment on England if M Smith isn't given the 10 shirt. Goal kicking is a bit of a worry though - you should always have an on field back up anyway, which strengthens the case for Slade at 13.

Only saw Radwan's try from that game, but another for the highlights reel. Surely the England squad beckons.

Highlight of the weekend so far was Dombrandt's try. Great understanding, an absolutely exquisite kick through from Care and very well finished.

AO-F having the kind of afternoon that reminds us how young he is and how much he has to learn. He'll be better for it and a few more like it.

Like Pearson but really not sure what to make of him. Impactful but doesn't seem quite busy enough for a 7. Maybe he'll become more of a utility back rower.

Hate watching Ford now. He's capable of so much more. Depressing reflection on something - who knows whether it's him, the coaching or the game in general.

Sad indictment on England if M Smith isn't given the 10 shirt. Goal kicking is a bit of a worry though - you should always have an on field back up anyway, which strengthens the case for Slade at 13.

Only saw Radwan's try from that game, but another for the highlights reel. Surely the England squad beckons.

Highlight of the weekend so far was Dombrandt's try. Great understanding, an absolutely exquisite kick through from Care and very well finished.
M Smiths stats off the T this season are not bad, just an off day, let's not pretend OF has had a few stinkers and persisted to take kicks in the same game despite this, I really rate Slade, he's looked immense this season just not sure he offers enough at international, he's always done a job there but can't really recall a time he's been the standout.

Despite the scoreboard, Tigers are bossing this. Bath haven't even been out of our half except for the intercept. We can't win playing entirely in our half.

Oh ffs shut up LD, "knocked on" whilst watching a Tigers player scooping it back in the ruck.

Ah so now you decide to penalise handling in the ruck and give a yellow card... This is a ******* farce of inconsistent reffing. Everything is bloody going Tigers way with the reffing.
Feels harsh to criticise him for getting a call right. He's been poor all round.

Effects are mostly against Bath, but not really the number of decisions

Feels harsh to criticise him for getting a call right
I don't dispute the call, I dispute the fact Tigers didn't get a yellow or even a penalty for far more obvious and cynical on their own line. The high tackle should have been a yellow and if that handling way a yellow, that was a 2nd yellow for Tigers back their end, yet they got neither. Not penalising one side is as bad as incorrectly penalising the other.

Latest posts