• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 12 Round 22

Great to see Treviso with 2 on it. But I not a fan of putting players like Marshall at 13 etc. If they played 12 they should be put at 12 or left out. As in not denying Marshall his place just using it as example.
Would question how after a superb start to season and strong finish Ulster have only 2 on it. And Leinster 1.

Oh yeah Munster won 27-25 tonight. A good result considering we had mainly our youngsters and reserves. Good experience in what was a complete end of season game.

Oh yyeah missed the Leinster game but believe a big welcome to A. Conway is in store :D

RABODIRECT PRO12 DREAM TEAM 2012 / 13

Full Back Stuart Hogg Glasgow Warriors
Right Wing George North Scarlets
Centre Luke Marshall Ulster Rugby
Centre Jonathan Davies Scarlets
Left Wing Tim Visser Edinburgh Rugby
O/Half Ian Madigan Leinster Rugby
S/Half Nikola Matawalu Glasgow Warriors
LH Prop Ryan Grant Glasgow Warriors
Hooker Leonardo Ghiraldini Benetton Treviso
TH Prop Adam Jones Ospreys
Lock Alun Wyn Jones Ospreys
Lock Al Kellock Glasgow Warriors
Flanker Alessandro Zanni Benetton Treviso
Flanker Justin Tipuric Ospreys
No 8 Nick Williams Ulster Rugby
where the **** is trimby? he has been outstanding in the Pro 12 every match hes played

Oh yeah Munster won 27-25 tonight. A good result considering we had mainly our youngsters and reserves. Good experience in what was a complete end of season game.

Oh yyeah missed the Leinster game but believe a big welcome to A. Conway is in store :D

Upping his Leinster try count by almost 50% in the process, you can have him. :p

Upping his Leinster try count by almost 50% in the process, you can have him. :p
Well he's a great player but ye have a history of sending us broken toys so I still a bit cautious. :p
Hence if we got Luke Fitz it would've confirmed it LOL

But on Conway fairplay to him, just saw the tries online and always a boost to get hattrick but Ospreys defense was comical especially the 1 where BOD kicked first.

Think Conway always has the potential it's more as you say BG8 can he get consistent gametime and stay fit.
Says alot though to score 3 tries and SOB still got MOTM. Was SOB that good?? Haven't seen game.

Think Conway always has the potential it's more as you say BG8 can he get consistent gametime and stay fit.
Says alot though to score 3 tries and SOB still got MOTM. Was SOB that good?? Haven't seen game.

Was at the game so couldn't see the breakdown stuff that SO'B apparently did very well.

I'd have given it to Jack McGrath but I'm incredibly biased here.

I'm sorry but 8 tries in 39 matches for a winger who doesn't offer much else isn't good enough. I hope he makes a career at Munster but I don't think it was ever going to happen at Leinster.

I'm sorry but 8 tries in 39 matches for a winger who doesn't offer much else isn't good enough.

Yeah you clearly know nothing about him or how Leinster use their wingers. Strange :p

Cmac while I agree he has poor strike rate I think to be fair to him he has been stop/go/stop/go and it hard to break in to Leinster backs when getting run of games never mind injuries. O'Malley is another one in a similar position.
McGrath has really came on though these last few months and Ireland now really have a superb stock of LH props coming through.

Cmac while I agree he has poor strike rate I think to be fair to him he has been stop/go/stop/go and it hard to break in to Leinster backs when getting run of games never mind injuries. O'Malley is another one in a similar position.
McGrath has really came on though these last few months and Ireland now really have a superb stock of LH props coming through.
Fair enough but O'Malley impresses a lot more with Leinster than Conway. I do think that Munster will compliment his play considerably better.

Fair enough but O'Malley impresses a lot more with Leinster than Conway. I do think that Munster will compliment his play considerably better.
Oh I agree Conway might have the game better suited to us but my point regard the 2 is EOM is a cracking player and when he gets to his peaks he can be a replacement for BOD no doubt but any time he starts to string games together an injury comes and he is set back. Felix here is the same as is Earls. I don't know is it coincidence these guys are all similar age and something in a programme was wrong but it frustrating to see. Especially after the 2011 Rabo Final Felix Jones was argubally the form 15 in Europe and next thing injury set him a long long way back.

Except he can be and Leinster don't really use are wingers as finishers.
Thing is also it hard to comment as now the new coach in may change style of play altogether. Leinster do play a game of high tempo heads up rugby so more often than not wingers go in for work as opposed to ball coming out to them

Tbh, this might be as simple as the lad's finally coming good. He's still quite young, and just because a lot of his peers have overachieved so far doesn't mean he doesn't have talent or time on his side.

That side, that first try of his, yeah, good gas, but bloody hell that should never have happened! I'm trying to work out if it was funner than two Blooos players wiping each other out and allowing Trimble an easy canter home.

Conway was very poor earlier in the year in my books. As to him getting consistent gametime, that was when he did and considering the hype around him he was a huge disappointment. Didn't look confident taking men on, nor did he look like a serious scoring threat. Seeing as he was supposed to be the most promising of a back three containing himself, Simon Zebo and Craig Gilroy I think it's understandable that Leinster fans can feel somewhat let down by his development. Personaly I'm holding out more hope for Adam Byrne.

It wasn't so long ago that there were threads about Irish scrums being in crisis!