16: Richardt Strauss
17: Cian Healy
18: Michael Bent
19: Devin Toner
20: Dominic Ryan
21: John Cooney
22: Andrew Goodman
23: Brian O'Driscoll

That is a pretty strong bench. Good to see SO'B back worrying not to see D'arcy.

Ospreys:

15 Richard Fussell

14 Tom Habberfield
13 Ashley Beck
12 Ben John
11 Ross Jones
10 Dan Biggar
9 Rhys Webb

1 Duncan Jones
2 Scott Baldwin
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 James King
6 Justin Tipuric
7 Sam Lewis
8 Joe Bearman

REPLACEMENTS
16 Dmitri Arhip
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Cai Griffiths
19 Ian Evans
20 Morgan Allen
21 Matthew Morgan
22 Tom Isaacs
23 Jonathan Spratt

Former Castleknock student Ross Jones at 11.

Scrums should be interesting obviously Ospreys scrum is brilliant but despite being our second choice frontrow I actually rate their scrummaging highly.

Last edited:
Our bogy team hope we can finally put the win on them at this end of the season, it's not a final so that should help. Also that bench should be able to make huge impact other then Bent who if comes on it will be similar to last year when they demolished out scrum in the lat 20 to get the win. Hope Madigan performs beter at 12 this week he didnt really get into the game until the 2nd half last week now that hes had some time there he might be more effective.

Interesting to see Beck playing at 13 (after I said in the Japan tour thread that he wasn't suitable).

Interesting to see how Tipuric and Sam Lewis play together. It's the dual openside thing again.

Chicken-**** cardiff don't put out their pussy-cats so Rory Best can have a right go at showing Gatty just how badly he needed to go to specsavers!

(15-9) J Payne, A Trimble, D Cave, S Olding, T Bowe, R Pienaar, P Marshall; (1-8) C Black, R Best, J Afoa, J Muller, I Henderson, R Diack, C Henry, N Williams; Replacements (16-23): N Brady, T Court, D Fitzpatrick, D Tuohy, S Doyle, P Jackson, M Allen, P Nelson

Orders from high account for at least one selection there to my knowledge. Also, nice to see Mrs Doyle back.

Interestong team Trimble sticking on the right and Bowe on the right. Henderson in the row as well. Scrums should be...fun for the Blues.

Also Peat I'm losing track of your nicknames which one is Mrs Dotle now?

BG8, if you really can't work out who Mrs Doyle would be in that team sheet, then... well... like, just read it again, its pretty obvious...

Ugh ... why is Webb starting?

I have no idea why the Ospreys keep bothering and haven't given Habberfield a chance there yet and are instead playing him on the wing. And they gave him a 3 year contract as well, which was simply brain dead.

I don't expect the Ospreys will show much fight for this, little to play for now, some of the players are poor, and others will just be trying to make sure they don't pick up a knock before the Lions tour and will be going easy.

How fitting... The Ospreys backline simply infuriates me. Scrumhalves are not wings! Scrumhalves are not centres! Scrumhalves are not props! For such a powerful pack, their backline can be kak. OK, I know Walker and Dirksen are out, but still, I'd even put our back three (Harries, Prydie, Evans) up against it. (Awaiting gifs ;))
Turk back three will be interesting, at the moment next year we will see: Phillips, Williams, Owen...

@Peat, I believe you are referring to Johann Muller, after he went around at the Ulster Christmas party asking if anybody wanted cake. They had cocaine in them.

BG8, if you really can't work out who Mrs Doyle would be in that team sheet, then... well... like, just read it again, its pretty obvious...

I'll go stand in the corner.

Need to read the bloody bench.

I'd forgotten about big/little S Doyle, how did the injury recovery/progression from the academy into the senior squad go. He has always shown a lot of potential/been a great servant to Ulster rugby. Good luck to him.

Sean Doyle was signed from an Aussie club last summer. Did well at first, then broke his leg. Out and out seven.

So how many games is it possible to watch at the same time? I'm going to try to watch the Leinster v Ospreys (S4C), Ulster v Blues (BBC2 NI) & Scarlets v Treviso (BBC2 Wales) games and see how I get on. I'll also be trying to get a little work done, as my deadlines are fast approaching.

Right what's the predictions lads?
Got a feeling Best is going to have a cracker, 20+ point win?

EDIT: Might as well post it here - one of the teachers in my school knows a good few people in the Ulster Rugby setup, and apparently Henderson is the quickest player in the squad from the touchline to the 22. If that's true that's pretty incredible.

Last edited:
That's poor by Ross Jones!

Good Blues try mind.

And Treviso scores.

This is difficult to keep track of!

Wow. Talk about Christmas presents.

UR - Very believable

That's poor by Ross Jones!

Good Blues try mind.

And Treviso scores.

This is difficult to keep track of!

Steffan Jones scored for the Dragons as well.
Which knob put every Pro12 match on at the same time?