• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pro evo4

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

with all the hype surrounding this soccer sim and its gameplay i went to video-ezy
and rented it out.I put it in the box,loaded and bagan to play.Something struck me as i played...didnt know to much about the history of the pro-evo but this felt similar to another game on the n64.I lookd at the cover and saw konami......the same people who made the hit international super star soccer 64.This game is exactly the same...with supreme graphics,more moves,liscensing and in-game animations,hell even the menu and set-up is very simular.I came to the conclusion that id experienced this game b4 as i.s.s 64 was wanna my favorite games....and stopped playing it
<
...just thought u like to know

yeah some of us on the forum have the pc version and it is very good imo much better than fifa as it feels better to play

Pro Evo 4 is brilliant. Initially, I thought the ball physics were a little bit too floaty, but then I watched some Premiership games and suddenly realised how right the people at Konami were. FIFA isn't fit to lick its boots.

Pro Evo 2 is the greatest multiplayer footie sim ever! I don't care wot everyone else says, its brilliant!!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Feb 6 2005, 04:38 PM
Pro Evo 2 is the greatest multiplayer footie sim ever! I don't care wot everyone else says, its brilliant!!
Have you played Pro Evo 4 though? Because otherwise you really can't know how good this game is...........

Pro Evo 4 is the best game money can buy, GTA San Andreas doesnt even come close.

Depends what kind of games you like... Not everyone likes football, if their was a pro evo rugby then it would be the best game.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Feb 7 2005, 05:21 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Feb 7 2005, 05:21 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85
@Feb 6 2005, 04:38 PM
Have you played Pro Evo 4 though? Because otherwise you really can't know how good this game is........... [/b]
Yep played pro evo 3 & 4 to death but it just doesn't appeal to me or my bro!

I was very disappointed in the camera angles.

Unlike Fifa there was no customisation on the height or zoom.
The side cam didn't show 2/3rds of the screen in front of the ball carrier. This was one of their strong points from way back in the ISS days.
Their tele broadcast angle was nowhere near as easy to work with compared to Fifa.
Most side cams didn't utilise the follow the play and stop at the edge of the box and pan (ala JLR and now R2005) to give the goal area the 3D feel.

I used to play the original ISS and every evolution of this series since because they had superior cams compared to Fifa. In this latest instalment they have dropped behind in this area. I played PES4 for one weekend and will not play it again until they bring back their brilliant cam ideas which they have dropped
<

what happen to iss anyway?they had one on ps2 and it didnt do well...then they changed the name and bam...

yup ... had been getting the FIFA series since they first came out on the old Super Nintendo, the last one I got tho was FIFA 2002

... the official PS2 magazine had a one half demo of the original PES and having tried it, I was converted. PES4 is now leagues above that...

...it really is football at its finest!
(and as addictive as hell, I've seen too many 6:00am's for my girlfriends liking 'cuz of that game!)

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 6 2005, 11:36 PM
Depends what kind of games you like... Not everyone likes football, if their was a pro evo rugby then it would be the best game.
Well yes, if Konami produced a rugby game anyone near as good then I'd play that to death instead. As it is though, Pro Evo 4 is the most realistic sports game around, so that has to get top priority, despite it having a weird shaped ball.

Originally posted by woodie@Feb 7 2005, 11:15 AM
Pro Evo 4 is the best game money can buy, GTA San Andreas doesnt even come close.
I disagree. Pro Evo 4 appeals to soccer fans, and some other general sport enthusiasts. GTA San Andreas appeals to nearly everyone who enjoys games.

Originally posted by JJ-@Feb 11 2005, 12:21 PM
GTA San Andreas appeals to nearly everyone who enjoys games.
"Almost everyone" would be a better statement.

GTA S.A is almost universal in its appeal except for the fact that you are stuck with a script to do something.

The perfect game would be to live a life where there are a multitude of avenues where you could go down (GTA being one of them). For instance you could try your hand at boxing (FN2), the Army (M.O.H), skateboading (T.H), pair up with a partner for beach volleyball (D.O.A BV), etc etc and through all this you can cross over to the other avenues in your life at the same time as you travel the globe, your body stats changing depending on what you are doing.

In simple words, all the great career/adventure type games in one game where all the info is amalgamated together.

In short. A real life sim game.

For those who need to get a life. Without the risk of dire consequences that a real.

And now I am so off topic......PES4 as I said is O.K except the camera angles.

Latest posts