• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRO14 Round 8 - Nov. 28, 29 & 30

Fineen Wycherley has a groin strain so Ahern gets the start, looking forward to it.

Edit: He hasn't faced top opposition yet but really impressed by Josh's scrummaging in his appearances so far.

Last edited:
Pretty good first half. I think Zebre are doing well all things considered. Good first half from Josh Wycherley and Ahern the two young lads. Shame Gallagher has gone off he was doing well. Nice to have the bonus point wrapped up now so we can play some jouer rugby that lends itself so well to the warm climbs and firm ground of Limerick.

Of course your second row is exactly who you expect to come onto the chip kick. Still probably should have given it to Goggin on his left.

Don't know how much we will take from that game. All went a bit messy in the second half as players were changed. Valuable game time for a lot of young players who all did well. Safe returns from injury for Cloete and O'Connor and obviously five points to put us well clear on the conference.

Ulster got out to a big lead over Edinburgh, then Edinburgh fought back to make it close at half time. Then Ulster got out to an even bigger lead and won it 43-13.

Munster rolled Zebre 52-3, which was an even bigger blow out than I expected.

The Ulster-Edinburgh match was very enjoyable from a partisan point of view, with a tense period in the middle where Edinburgh came so close to equalising when Farndale recovered a penalty that hit the upright for an apparent try, only for the TMO to discover that he'd been slightly ahead of the kicker. From then on, Ulster were dominant.

John Andrew is turning into a very good hooker, and scored a hat-trick. Cooney was excellent as usual, Madigan was solid, Hume and Moore look like very promising young centres. Lowry had a good game at full back, but he always worries me the way he seems to relish running into tackles. He seems to think he's Stuart McCloskey, but he's only half his size.

I'm very excited to see how Moore and Hume develop but I've been burnt by young Ulster centres before.

The rescheduled Round 6 game will be played on Saturday Dec.5th, Dragons @ Warriors. It's the only PRO14 game this coming weekend. I'm ready. :p We Are Warriors!
1606854641574.png

Another upcoming game on Friday, December Dec. 4th - Benetton @ Connacht.

Nice work from Boyle off the base, although I don't think the Benetton 12 will want to see it again.

The name Sean O'Brien means you're not allowed stay fit.

Friday Final - Connacht 31 Benetton 14. It was all Connacht on a very windy night in Galway.

Saturday Final - Dragons 23 Warriors 22. Glasgow missed a chip shot conversion (the kicker hit the pole and it veered left) as the clock ran out. A Dragons player ran up on him twice before the kick and the ref sent him back to the line because the kicker hadn't started his approach to the ball yet. It obviously got into the kicker's head and he missed what should have been an easy conversion kick. Good strategy by the Dragons, but as a Warriors fan I'm bummed.

Latest posts