• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 updated roster

Yes they are original kits/graphics. I think because the ros files are on the memory card, you can extract and then edit them... im pretty sure the graphics are on the disk?

anybody know if this will work for me to send my rosters from pc - ps2 n vice versa???

128MB Max Memory Flash Drive PS2 by Datel
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Playstatio...n-170251972.htm

cheers!
[/b]

I used action replay with the usb mem card. It has the cd disk that allows me to easily transfer between mem card and usb card, with i then put into my pc.

Not sure if that one will work

awww.ok then :unsure:

do u know where i can gt me an action replay??? <_<

i found that one on tradme.lol :bana:

remember when you get a roster of one of the guys (or however you get it).. after editing it, you have to get someone with the PC version to authenticate it otherwise it wont work on the ps2 (unless you can authenticate it yourself). But only if you've edited it

can a normal flash usb stick be used to transfer the files, or does it have to be the 'Action Replay' one?

nah it has to be action it stores the files with a .max extension and comes with a cd so you can muck around with your saved games.

I have a PS2 version of rugby 08 now so i am going to try and see if i can mod the PS2 version. Wish me luck.

Do you want the good news so far?

The data.gob file is on the CD, and it seems to be exactly the same as the one on the pc game apart from the files are called .ssh not .fsh. But, they open as binary in FshED. However, the files seem to be the same (the same locations) so i can just rename all the MUP .fsh files to .ssh and then out them into the PS2 data.gob.

The data.gob will have to be directly edited as the game will load from that. So if this was to work, you'd have to have everything set, and go through every file 1 by 1 to add the faces, logos and kits.

It should be easy enough to do.. although maybe a longer time, and i assume the disk is read-only but if i can rip the contents onto a new dvd-cd, it probably won't pick it up as a ps2 game unless you have a chipped/modded ps2. but it's worth a go!

Modding shouldn't have to involve physically altering the hardware.

As a first attempt, i copied the game files to a blank dvd-cd and loaded it but the ps2 did not recognise or could read the disc, so i assume this may have been aburning error.

Has anyone burned a dvd-cd and got ti working on ps2 at all? I'm talking for anything.. like a homemade dvd perhaps?

If so it might tell me my mistake.

i've played a pirate hitman on my ps2 before.

Try Nero Burn or w/e its called.

Because on HCTP you could import new music by putting the hctp cd into ur laptop and putting songs on it and then burning it again and playing on the ps2.

Make sure its Non RW

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Aug 18 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As a first attempt, i copied the game files to a blank dvd-cd and loaded it but the ps2 did not recognise or could read the disc, so i assume this may have been aburning error.

Has anyone burned a dvd-cd and got ti working on ps2 at all? I'm talking for anything.. like a homemade dvd perhaps?

If so it might tell me my mistake.[/b]
I've got a copied Ps2 version Rugby 08 and Rugby 06 and they both play on my unmodded fat grey Ps2 using swap magic 3 plus and my brothers modded Ps2. I used Dvd decrypter to rip and also used it to burn them but you gotta make sure you have the right settings the same settings as if your gonna rip a movie.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 31 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Aug 18 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got a copied Ps2 version Rugby 08 and Rugby 06 and they both play on my unmodded fat grey Ps2 using swap magic 3 plus and my brothers modded Ps2. I used Dvd decrypter to rip and also used it to burn them but you gotta make sure you have the right settings the same settings as if your gonna rip a movie.
[/b][/quote]

so is that a copied version of the game with updated kits, rosters tournaments, so on so forth?
if it is - then we've gotta figure it out, that'd be brilliant tbh!

I can make the data.gob, it's just getting it on a dvd that is recognised as a ps2 disc. Nero is good i hear. I will look it up after MUP 09 is done. I'm sure it can be done it just requires some underhand tactics and a will to do it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Sep 4 2008, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Aug 31 2008, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Aug 18 2008, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

so is that a copied version of the game with updated kits, rosters tournaments, so on so forth?
if it is - then we've gotta figure it out, that'd be brilliant tbh!
[/b][/quote]Nah it's just a normal copied version with crap rosters courtesty of Ea with nothing modded.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Sep 4 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can make the data.gob, it's just getting it on a dvd that is recognised as a ps2 disc. Nero is good i hear. I will look it up after MUP 09 is done. I'm sure it can be done it just requires some underhand tactics and a will to do it.[/b]

Hey Fa'atau82 any luck with updating the ps2 version? Ive copied my ps2 rugby08 onto pc then burnt the iso on to dvd-rw which works with a swap magic dvd. When I open up the rugby08 iso and click the 'data' folder I can see that data.gob file.

Is it possible to update this file with all the pc mods then burn a whole new iso on to dvd to run on ps2?

Does this make sense?

Hopefully you read this

Edit: of course i did lol i am everywhere.

Fa man

Sup peeps

Wondering how do you get ross' latest roster and the SANZAR/Air NZ Cup rost to work with ps2? The only one that works is ozzys which is from last year sometime.
Yeap been through the ps2 save builder process n everything.

Any insights?

Asked Ross but hes not a ps2 guy

Holla

You cannot change the file extention from .ssh to .fsh.

I have tried and the game freezes when trying to access that particular file. We need to find software that will allow us to open the .ssh file and edit it.

All I have managed to edit are the text files, so I have edited the tournament fixture files in Super 14, Six Nations and World League.

But editing the graphics (.ssh files), does not work.

I've googled for software to open .ssh files but no luck.

Latest posts