• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RaboDirect Pro 12: Munster vs Leinster - 31/3/12

Having watched this game down the pub, I'm almost in certainly in no place to comment on it's intricacies, but here are my thoughts:

Leinster were the better team. Seemed to dominated possession and territory. The bench told as the game went on, Munster's had little to offer while Leinster's at the very least didn't diminish the quality of the side. ROG dropping the ball in his 22 was hilarious.

Poor match but that is to be expected when the teams have only been back together for two weeks.

Leinster's line-out completely dominated and was a big factor in the first half.
O'Gara was very quiet but anyone would struggle with the service and platform he had.
Isa was brilliant that match was up there with his best this season.
Madigan had a great 20 minutes, he looked no worse than Sexton.
Fitzgerald had a good first half but he started to try and do too much in the second which resulted in him playing like he did last year.
O'Brien was good when he came on, a lot of carries and was disrupting ball at the rucks.
Heaslip needs to be dropped apart from one or two decent games every now and then he's been unnoticeable for the whole season.

Well poor match and well not much excuses. Leinster dominated and our heads didn't seem right.
Points that I'd have to make.

Positives:
Botha had fine game as did Felix I thought so they are 2 pluses.
And we didin't concede a try.

Negatives:
ROG didn't play and well I think any time he is named as captain he seems to go in to a shell and not be effective.
Lineouts were terrible and need to be addressed. Miko just seemed lost at this level, DOC isn't up for full game and Varley had terrible darts.
Our backs I can't really blame because this was a forwards game. But simply it 1 of worst performances I seen where lads just weren't up for it and didn't want to know about it.

Also on a plus Sherry and O'Donnell came on and really nailed down a marker for next week.
This loss could be a blessing disguise for us and the kick start we need.

As for Leinster, Ye deserved win and well were good but a worrying sight is the stats in a way.
Leinster broke the gainline a whopping 79%, had majority of possession and territory, Munster missed over 50% of first up tackles and Munster had a very depleted team against Leinsters strongest 23 and ye still didn't get a try.

Poor match but that is to be expected when the teams have only been back together for two weeks.

Leinster's line-out completely dominated and was a big factor in the first half.
O'Gara was very quiet but anyone would struggle with the service and platform he had.
Isa was brilliant that match was up there with his best this season.
Madigan had a great 20 minutes, he looked no worse than Sexton.
Fitzgerald had a good first half but he started to try and do too much in the second which resulted in him playing like he did last year.
O'Brien was good when he came on, a lot of carries and was disrupting ball at the rucks.
Heaslip needs to be dropped apart from one or two decent games every now and then he's been unnoticeable for the whole season.

You really hate Heaslip don't you? Had a good enough game got through a lot of work. Yes he didn't do anything huge like make a massive break but how many forwards did?

You really hate Heaslip don't you? Had a good enough game got through a lot of work. Yes he didn't do anything huge like make a massive break but how many forwards did?

O'Brien was much more effective when he was on the pitch and at the moment both Rhys Ruddock and Kevin McLaughlan have both been giving more to the team.
It is how Leinster will get the best out of their back-row.

Rhys Ruddock is a very poor 8. That comment alone undermines your whole arguement.

Ahhhh, now that's different. Apologies.

But still, Ruddock has had a pretty poor season. His form certainly hasn't been notably better than Heaslip's. Heaslip probably won't be dropped any time soon, seeing as none of the other options have been amazing. I'd be perfectly happy with 6. O'Brien, 7. Jenno, 8. Heaslip & either Locky or Dom Ryan on the bench.

Latest posts