Feicarsinn

Super Αdmin
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
rdpro12.png

Liberty Stadium, Swansea (31/03/2012, 18:30)

Ospreys.png
Versus Magners.png
Benetton.png

Ref: Alain Rolland​

I wonder if the Ospreys can finally get a try bonus point this year... probably not

Shane down to play, not expected.
Hanno on one wing, Shane on the o0ther, MMM
Bonus point or not it doesn't matter the Ospreys are in a good place league wise.
Stowers injured again??

Here's the team and injury news:

I'm glad to see Shane back. Eli Walker hasn't really impressed me at all, he was **** against Leinster last week.

15 Richard Fussell
14 Hanno Dirksen
13 Andrew Bishop
12 Ashley Beck
11 Shane Williams
10 Dan Biggar
9 Kahn Fotuali'i

1 Paul James
2 Richard Hibbard
3 Adam Jones
4 Alun Wyn Jones (Capt)
5 Ian Evans
6 Ryan Jones
7 Justin Tipuric
8 Joe Bearman

Replacements:
16 Scott Baldwin
17 Ryan Bevington
18 Aaron Jarvis
19 James King
20 Tom Smith
21 Rhys Webb
22 Matthew Morgan
23 Tom Isaacs

The following players were not considered because of injury:
George Stowers - Neck
Jonathan Thomas - Illness
Huw Bennett - Achilles
Duncan Jones - Medial ligament
Will Price - ACL
Cai Griffiths - Arm
Richard Kelly - Wrist
Ben John - Groin
Gareth Owen - ACL
Nikki Walker - ACL

Last edited:
Hooray. Ryan Jones is finally playing in his correct position, with two genuine locks starting.

I do expect this side to be lethal against Trevisio. A decent selected side at last.

This isn't a bad side at all.
Walker is young, but I also feel he has been over-hyped. Granted, I'd rather see him than Kristian Phillips.

Ospreys really need to get a fullback sorted, whether it is Prydie, Jones, or someone else. Fussell just doesn't strike confidence as the last defender.

Good performance all in all, I'd say. 5 tries, should've had a sixth in the last play and looked like we could genuinely create something. Also nice to see Shane play, even if he did begin to look desperate by the end.

A great win!
Treviso have had a few scalps this season and scored a peach of a try, but we replied with two of our own.
At last the boys look as though they are enjoying their rugby, and that means that we are. Biggar played with freedom, made breaks, passed well to open them up and kicked at the right time.
In a good place with the Blues up next, optimism reigns supreme.

Yup the most important thing to see was that the players looked like they were enjoying themselves.

That's one mighty pack, I honestly think they could out-scrummage anyone, even Northampton, because Hibbard is a much better scrummaging hooker than Hartley. Adam Jones is simply awesome at the moment. It's not often you see an Italian team going backwards like that scrum time!

Having Ian Evans back firing makes such a difference to the balance of the pack. He adds some real grunt, and dominated the lineout last night. Was nice to see a close to faultless display in that aspect of the game, with some great off the top ball delivered to the backline.

I liked the balance of the backrow, with Ryan, Tips and Bearman. That was probably Bearman's first good display for the Ospreys, if he can keep that up then he'd be my first choice 8. Tipuric dominated the breakdown, I lost count of the number of turnovers he poached. Ryan continued on from his 6 nations form.

In the backs I'm not totally convinced that Fotuali'i is the right choice to start. His passing can leave a lot to be desired on occasion, really looped and arriving above the player's head. I thought Webb really added something when he came on. He's got a good understanding with Biggar as well from age grade rugby. I said my piece about Biggar in the other thread, ultimately much better from him, but still needs to improve if the O's want to challenge in the HC next season.

What more is there to say about Ashley Beck? In most games, his display would have earn't him the man of the match. Two try's and a sublime over the head pass to help create another. This lad has all the skills, and just makes it look so easy. If he keeps this up, he could very well oust Jamie Roberts from the Welsh team. With Jon Davies outside him, I think Beck could look even better. He simply has to be capped this Summer. Pitty he hasn't got a better centre partner at the O's, I really don't see what Bishop brings at the moment, other than a solid defence. It's working ok, but the O's should start looking for someone in their academy to step up (and no, Isaacs isn't that someone).

The back three went well last night. Things looked a lot better with Shane back, even if he didn't have an outstanding game. Eli Walker really needs to up his game, otherwise the O's are gonna struggle to fill Shane's boots next season. Dirksen defies logic. He's such a small player, but bursts tackles and smashes people in defence, it really doesn't make sense. Fussell was good as well. Solid under the high ball, and counter attacked well. That was more like his performances at the start of the season, needs to keep it up.

With that pack, the Ospreys have a good shot at winning another Pro12 ***le. But more importantly, they've got a great platform to build their new team around, and be competitive in the HC next season. Juries out on Steve Tandy. Is this just his honeymoon period (similar to Baber and Burnell's at the beginning), or is his changes really making a difference?

Latest posts