• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Matches that matter, brought to you by competent Pro 12 sides - Pro12: Semi-Finals

Nothing to do with the Scarlets defence and breakdown speed?

I wouldn't worry yet, Leinster certainly have a try in them and then it's all to play for. The question is when will they score it!!
I dont think so, a lot of drops and stupid decisions, Clermont were just as aggressive and we were better.

I dont think so, a lot of drops and stupid decisions, Clermont were just as aggressive and we were better.

I'll agree Leinster have made some out of character errors, but then the Scarlets defence, with 14 men are stopping an excellent attack. Fitness will be a factor here.

Great to hear Hyms and Arias like that at the RDS. This will be fantastic win if they are able to finish it.

I have some fingers to point at Cullen but I'll leave it til later. Feels like Matt O'Connor is back. Terrible, terrible game of rugby by Leinster, itll be hard for those boys to enjoy their summer.

Bugger, missed the game. Sounds like Lancaster took the team talk or something given this performance front Leinster.

Scarlets were the form team in the league after their atrocious start in the first five or six weeks. So this shouldn't come as a major shock. Favourites for the final for me regardless of the outcome of the other semi; although I've been underestimating Munster every single week.

Bugger, missed the game. Sounds like Lancaster took the team talk or something given this performance front Leinster.

Scarlets were the form team in the league after their atrocious start in the first five or six weeks. So this shouldn't come as a major shock. Favourites for the final for me regardless of the outcome of the other semi; although I've been underestimating Munster every single week.

Yeah I'd agree with this.

Tomorrow will be a dog fight. On the flip side, Ospreys are completely out of form Alyn Wyn Jones or not, and I'd be amazed if they turned Munster over. Will be an interesting final, if Scarlets can match the Munster pack it'll be close.

Last edited:
I won't gloat Alpha, I promise!

Leinster were pretty poor today, but Scarlets put them under a lot of pressure, with Jon Davies superb in defense. The likes of James Davies, Byrne, Shingler were superb up front and put in a massive shift, especially after the red card.

On the red card, letter of the law it was probably correct, but there was zero malice, and it's not as if he picked the guy right up into the air. It all happened a couple of feet from the floor and it was just a little clumsy. Hopefully he doesn't see a ban, because it doesn't deserve one and he's been superb all season, and during the first 40 tonight.

Scarlets fully deserved that win and showed massive spirit as well as some sumptuous skills with their try's.

How is James Davies not going on the summer tour? Jenkins, Young and Griffiths are all superb players/prospects, but Davies deserves a spot (maybe ahead of Griffiths who's a little further back in his development).

Ospreys turn tomorrow now. Can't see them getting close though unfortunately. Their side doesn't look great though, especially up front. A scrum half on the wing, blindside at 8, and a struggling front row scrum time. They'll be wanting an open game, where they can get the likes of Giles, Evans, Webb and Tips into space. If Munster slow it down and dominate like they should up front and I can see the possession and territory stats being very one-sided!

That's why I was happy we avoided scarlets by topping the league last week. They're playing great rugby lately.

The Ospreys are off form but can still win especially now with Alun Wyn Jones back. Munster though put in their best attacking display of the season last week. Completely opposite to the Saracens game.

That was tougher to take than Clermont, complete and utter capitulation from top to bottom, Ringrose excluded, and we went out at home without a fight.

My biggest criticism is of Cullen, he got so much wrong, not starting Leavy and having Kirchner on the bench were two stupid calls, bringing Ross Byrne to the bench and not using him over Sexton who was clearly injured was incredibly costly especially in a game where accurate kicking in the second half would have seen Scarlets 14 men crumble with a bad lineout and Sexton's calf rendered him useless.
Adam Byrne showed why he's not in the Ireland squad, ROL would not have made that schoolboy error for the first try.
We desperately need one of our hookers to learn to throw a ball.
Without Heaslip or Murphy we are very vulnerable to turnovers.
Sexton had his bad game of the season.
Centres were good when given the chance.
Carbery needs to fine tune his game at 15 a little bit.
Don't ask Fetish to play a box kicking game, he can't.
Use Ross Byrne he started in a 45-9 win over Scarlets (2nd string but still) a matter of months ago and could and has wreaked havoc against sides with 14 men.

Scarlets scored three great tries and defended very well and credit to them, Leinster really ****** it away though in what feels like a very pre-Michael Cheika "all sizzle, no steak" season.

Step up Munster, keep this thing in Ireland.

Latest posts