• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rate Tier 1 nations in order

I take it Ireland haven't been 3rd before? I don't think Ireland are the 3rd best team in the world in that they would beat Australia and England more often than not. They have had a year you can't argue with though.

I take it Ireland haven't been 3rd before? I don't think Ireland are the 3rd best team in the world in that they would beat Australia and England more often than not. They have had a year you can't argue with though.
In 2003 and 2006, I reckon we'll be top three for a while but only if our squad isn't as overconfident as me! Not much chance of that with Joe Schmidt though.

We were 3rd in 2006, actually for the last 10 years we've had the better of England but I agree about Aussie, even though we have a decent current record against them. Our club sides have dominated for years and we were only a good coach away from transferring that to the international side, well now we finally have one. At the moment I think 4th is fair enough but I won't be surprised if we earn the 3rd spot next week.

They'd have lost more points for losing to France than England to SA though and there was nothing in it. Where's Stormer when you need him!

Aus are 4th and 0.01 points ahead of England as far as I can tell. We can't gin any points tomorrow but we can lose a lot of them.

Ireland deserve to be 3rd on current form, a very good side with no glaring weaknesses.

We were 3rd in 2006, actually for the last 10 years we've had the better of England but I agree about Aussie, even though we have a decent current record against them. Our club sides have dominated for years and we were only a good coach away from transferring that to the international side, well now we finally have one. At the moment I think 4th is fair enough but I won't be surprised if we earn the 3rd spot next week.

7 out of the last 10 years . You haven't beaten us since Stuart Lancaster took over . This 6N coming up will be his 4th ....

not the point of this thread originally, but

Screen Shot 2014-11-17 at 2.01.03 PM.png

ewwwww, England is in front of US ?? :p
Ohhhh and the Irish must be naturally Viagring right now. I can totally picture guys going to work with raging boners, a full office of Irishmen with stiff tents walking to the scanning machine, having a casual conversation over coff...tea standing over the cubicle, just casual, going to the boss's office discussing prominent issues, running presentations on the board, monster hardon..

Australia barely deserve to be in the top 5. No ideas how they're still there.

The All Blacks are just unstoppable, and frankly the game's up. If the All Blacks were to lose the next 1000 games in a row, they'd still literally be the best team in Rugby Union history.

Australia barely deserve to be in the top 5. No ideas how they're still there.

The All Blacks are just unstoppable, and frankly the game's up. If the All Blacks were to lose the next 1000 games in a row, they'd still literally be the best team in Rugby Union history.

Because that England, France and Wales are as inconsistent as them.

Stop being a stupid Kiwi who only criticizes against their cousins

I said I'd give this a go at the end of the internationals and considering only one result can alter my order next week here I go!

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Ireland
4. Whoever wins in Twickenham next week - Australia
5. Whoever loses - England
6. France
7. Argentina
8. Wales
9. Scotland
10. Italy

There's really nothing between 6-9 and Scotland are there solely because of how bad they were in the 6nations, if I based it on the EOYT's only they'd probably be in 7th.

I said I'd give this a go at the end of the internationals and considering only one result can alter my order next week here I go!

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Ireland
4. Whoever wins in Twickenham next week - Australia
5. Whoever loses - England
6. France
7. Argentina
8. Wales
9. Scotland
10. Italy

There's really nothing between 6-9 and Scotland are there solely because of how bad they were in the 6nations, if I based it on the EOYT's only they'd probably be in 7th.

You would rate France and, more surprisingly Argentina ahead of Wales regardless of whether we beat the Bokks? Fair douse..

I'll have a go -

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. Ireland
4. Australia
5. England
6. Wales
7. Argentina
8. France
9. Scotland
10. Italy

Last edited:
@heineken changed your team yet ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rankings (based on capability of actually winning a World Cup over all time into the far distant future)

1. SA (if they shake off the white supremacists)
2. Eng (if they get rid of the old boys clubs).
3. Fra (if they have some decent luck)
4. Arg (if they keep growing)
5. Aus (if they keep being awesome)
6. NZ (if they keep being awesome)
7. Irl (if they're patient)
8. Ita (if they're very patient)
9. Wal (if they're lucky)
10. USA (if the game keeps growing there)
( I really don't see any other possibilities) The game is diminishing in some countries.

Actual rankings based on who I feel are the best teams right now, in reality...:

1. NZ
2. Aus
3. Fra
4. Irl
5. Wal
6. Eng
7. SA
8. Arg
9. Sco
10. Ita

I base my seedings above on who can beat anyone on their day and has some consistency at this moment in time.

Rankings (based on capability of actually winning a World Cup over all time into the far distant future)

( I really don't see any other possibilities) The game is diminishing in some countries.

Actual rankings based on who I feel are the best teams right now, in reality...:

1. NZ
2. Aus
3. Fra
4. Irl
5. Wal
6. Eng
7. SA
8. Arg
9. Sco
10. Ita

I base my seedings above on who can beat anyone on their day and has some consistency at this moment in time.
That's just some opaque ****e right there.

1. NZ
2. Aus
3. Fra
4. Irl
5. Wal
6. Eng
7. SA
8. Arg
9. Sco
10. Ita

I have no idea how to get into this or if I even want too..

Latest posts