• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rate Tier 1 nations in order

Until last week, France was another candidate to third place, but were defeated by the Pumitas (Argentina Under 20) at home and now nobody talks about them

nuh-uh, that didn't happen...nope.

142183i9534ED73C56B65DC

The team winning wasn't a fluke I mean having the best 10 ever (IMHO), one of the greatest backrows ever, Martin Johnson, World class front rows, then players like Greenwood, Tindall, Robinson all being at the same time. The fluke was all these guys being around the same time, it really was a golden generation.

Sorry, I know this post is a bit old but I'm just curious about it. I know it's your opinion and everything, so don't worry I won't drag this out into a massive thing :p but Wilkinson the best 10 ever? Do you mean for England? And do you mean literally?

Dan Carter must be second on that list then? At least his 2004-2007 form. Not many caps between Wilko and DC, but Carter has 29 tries to Wilko's 7. I suppose one could argue that Carter had more time with a decent pack in front of him than Wilkinson did. After the World Cup was said and done, things went south very fast for England. But Carter was a rare find not just for the fending and brushing off tackles, but he was also a number 10 who actually tackled and involved himself in rucks like a forward. There was a lot of individual brilliance that he probably could have done in any international side. I'm not sure if Wilkinson had those dimensions to his game. Commanding a pack around the field, kicking, setting players up, sure. To me Wilkinson did the fundamental things a number 10 does extremely well. But Carter redefined what the role of a number 10 is/should be. Before the moon boot injury Carter was also a pretty prolific goal kicker and wasn't too shabby on the 'traditional' roles himself.

So yeah. I'm sure you might be thinking "here we go" but I'm genuinely just interested what you think! haha

Last edited:
In before angry Englishmen linking every big hit from Wilkinson ever.

I doubt Saffycen has much support in this, and certainly not from me...

Had Wilkinson stayed the same player he had been prior to 2003 who knows how good he could have been. But for him perhaps more than any 10 I can think of, the loss of that pace really killed him.

1. The incomparable All Blacks
2. SA
3. Ireland
4. England
5. Wales
6. France
7. Australia
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Italy
11. Samoa

nuh-uh, that didn't happen...nope.

142183i9534ED73C56B65DC

Where the hell does that Ostrich myth come from? They just don't stick their heads into the sand! Notwithstanding the fact that they aren't physically able to just stick their heads into the sand (actually mostly hard ground), the mere fact they are still around (thriving actually) is clear evidence that they don't just 'stick their heads into the ground' when they are in danger.

Where the hell does that Ostrich myth come from? They just don't stick their heads into the sand! Notwithstanding the fact that they aren't physically able to just stick their heads into the sand (actually mostly hard ground), the mere fact they are still around (thriving actually) is clear evidence that they don't just 'stick their heads into the ground' when they are in danger.

Yeah!

I've wondered that myself, the only time an Ostrich take their heads down to the ground is when they peck for food or to move their eggs. And all that time, their heads are above ground.

Yeah!

I've wondered that myself, the only time an Ostrich take their heads down to the ground is when they peck for food or to move their eggs. And all that time, their heads are above ground.

If we believe wikipedia.. ;

Contrary to popular belief, ostriches do not bury their heads in sand to avoid danger.[38] This myth likely began with Pliny the Elder(AD 23–79), who wrote that ostriches "imagine, when they have thrust their head and neck into a bush, that the whole of their body is concealed."[39] This may have been a misunderstanding of their sticking their heads in the sand to swallow sand and pebbles,[40] or, as National Geographic suggests, of the defensive behavior of lying low, so that they may appear from a distance to have their head buried.[41]

Pliny, the elder, hey.. now I am just thirsty; thank goodness it's Friday!

just imagine how pi$sed off they'd be if they knew us humans considered them the pinnacle point of being a procrastinating pussy in the wild this whole time.

Latest posts