• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC4 Player Editor

Hey @Frans.Hendrik I'm meaning in the "Player Editor" tab where they have positions to choose from. If you change it, it won't update in the game end. Also, by filter I was meaning this little part doesn't seem to work if you click on it View attachment 9289 I didn't realise about the other filter.

Also with the Japanese league, I plan on just using those dummy players in those teams already (french div 2) unless you wanted me to use other dummy players? How are we going to assign what dummy players should be used for what? I see this becoming problematic if we all generally want to use the same database. Should we create / have you already created a spreadsheet we can adapt to with players taken etc.?
While I feel like the Japanese Top League will be a good addition to the career mode instead of French D2 should we not be matching fake players to their real life versions instead of making them all dummy players and using them to fill new teams?

While I feel like the Japanese Top League will be a good addition to the career mode instead of French D2 should we not be matching fake players to their real life versions instead of making them all dummy players and using them to fill new teams?
That's a fair call as I know there are a lot of cross-over players (ie. a player in the samoan team playing also in the french div 2 team - these were based off real people etc.), although what I think we're trying to establish is almost a clean slate (ie. removing allllll the dummy players from all unlicensed teams and divi'ing up / assigning a set of ID's to each one of those teams again. Thoughts @Frans.Hendrik ?

Is it not worth putting them on fanhub maybe or am I missing something ahah?
Don't understand the finer points of the coding behind it but Fanhub as it is right now is a complete mess and should be our last tool. All it does is duplicate the players you download instead of replacing the on disk ones. The way I can think it works is that instead of matching the id of the player on Fanhub to your original database and replacing it it just treats the downloaded player as a new custom player and assigns it a new id in the database. We should aim to get a clean database with fake players renamed to real players before adding new ones

Don't understand the finer points of the coding behind it but Fanhub as it is right now is a complete mess and should be our last tool. All it does is duplicate the players you download instead of replacing the on disk ones. The way I can think it works is that instead of matching the id of the player on Fanhub to your original database and replacing it it just treats the downloaded player as a new custom player and assigns it a new id in the database. We should aim to get a clean database with fake players renamed to real players before adding new ones
Yup pretty much. As much as we can, STAY AWAY from fanhub player downloads. It's more for the general user who just wants one or two downloaded players. There is a cap on the amount of players we can have so each default player in the game is precious.

I agree, we can do it both ways. We can either match with their real counterparts (which would be great) and then we tag the remaining unused players as dummy.

Hey @Frans.Hendrik having issues with setting positions for players that already exist. I change the positions in the editor but it doesn't change them when I have a look in the game itself. Also, a possibility for the filter to work so that we can search players by name etc? Thanks as always.
let me look into that for you. I'll enable the filters for the other as well.

Hey @Frans.Hendrik I think we need to start to look at somewhat of a "default" database file before we go too deep with team lineup customisations etc. What you mentioned before about replacing the fake players with their real identities.. as these were based off real players. Example where things can go wrong currently was the French Div 1/2 teams having some international players and therefore if you rename, say, Toulon's players right now, you'll find a few familiar names filling up the internationals as well (ie, Samoa, Italy etc.). The reason why I bring this up now is that it could get veeeerry messy soon, so the sooner we do this the better. I'm willing to help where need be to get this up and running.

Thanks man, I can help with quick stuff but I won't be able to run with it, as i'm bit busy at work. I' also adding backup function into the editor, so it'll create a backup of your DB before every edit.

I'd say that if its based off real players maybe we should rename them? Then if there is no real players counterparts we then dummy player them. And that should be the stock DB.?

Is anyone else having errors trying to open the db with version 0.6?
Previous versions work fine for me but not this one.

I get this error:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."

Is anyone else having errors trying to open the db with version 0.6?
Previous versions work fine for me but not this one.

I get this error:
"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will close immediately.
Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow."
Same for me, I tried installing the localdb as well.

Hello guys,
I was playing in the custom file and take some screen :

first 57 04 is face/head
2nd 57 04 is hair texture
3rd 57 04 is facial hair texture
and erased one by one from db file starting with facial hair texture,hair,and face/head
After changing the face/head to zero all the stats can be editable like face/body etc
maybe @Frans.Hendrik can integrate this in his editor
faces1.JPG

Attachments

• Rugby-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-28 18-04-24-09.jpg
    Rugby-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-28 18-04-24-09.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 129
  • Rugby-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-28 18-07-43-86.jpg
    Rugby-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-28 18-07-43-86.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 101
  • Rugby-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-28 18-10-52-87.jpg
    Rugby-Win64-Shipping 2021-08-28 18-10-52-87.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 123
EB 03 EC 03 EB 03 EC 03 EB 03 EC 03 EB 03 EC 03 after some trial and errors i found this string that is the tatoos of the star players( arm ,forearm and legs tatoo left and right,not sure whos who) and 0A is complexity of the player (B6 6A height wheight)
skin1tatoo.JPG

Last edited:
Fantastic work done by Frans.Hendrik !! I have been reading through some of the threads and have been absolutely amazed by all the positive contributions made.

I do have a question:
Is it possible to edit the layout of the current competitions in the team select menu? For example would it be possible to remove a few teams listed under super rugby so only the 12 teams that are gong to play in the new pacific super rugby are listed there? Or to increase the pro 14 to 16 teams, just to create a more "new" and "organized" feel. Would this be too complicated or is it already possible with the editor?

Thanks!

Hello guys,
I was playing in the custom file and take some screen :

first 57 04 is face/head
2nd 57 04 is hair texture
3rd 57 04 is facial hair texture
and erased one by one from db file starting with facial hair texture,hair,and face/head
After changing the face/head to zero all the stats can be editable like face/body etc
maybe @Frans.Hendrik can integrate this in his editor
View attachment 12124

Thanks for this, You can modify the player by clearing the "Locked" value as well. The way the player faces etc works changed in the new version.
In the old days we used to have a face id to assign e.g. 271. This doesn't work anymore. It's all with the built in game editor now, and the IDS assign to the record ID on a table in the database.

I've been aware of this for some time, but didn't have time to add into editor.

Thanks for this, You can modify the player by clearing the "Locked" value as well. The way the player faces etc works changed in the new version.
In the old days we used to have a face id to assign e.g. 271. This doesn't work anymore. It's all with the built in game editor now, and the IDS assign to the record ID on a table in the database.

I've been aware of this for some time, but didn't have time to add into editor.
where do i find IDS assign to the record ID on a table in the database?i want to add hiden players liek quade cooper or sbw

so i tried with my db file first and this is popping up!same happens with a unedited db file
error.JPG

Last edited:
It would be DB offsets that is not correct. Use the settings and test DB function. or send me your DB. You can open previous version of editor. Copy the offsets on the settings then paste them and save in new version. Does that not work?

Hello

Thanks for the tool. I have just downloaded version 1.0 and installed the sql server.

I can load the db into the app but I have a problem where I can't use the player search tool.

When I try to search for a player, the app just crashes.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Sorry if you've answered these but I have a few questions:
  • What's the difference between star players and normal players?
  • Are locked players the players that can't be edited in the game? I haven't come across a locked player in the tool yet.
  • What's the max value for a player stat? I thought it'd be 0-100 but these values are in the 1000's.
  • What's a dummy player? I aw mentions of career mode in posts but I still haven't wrapped my head around it yet.
  • Is there a way to edit tertiary 15s positions? I only see primary and secondary.
  • Is there a base db available where all players are unlocked/editable within the game?

Hope you can help.

Cheers

I am using a clean database and can not open in any version but 0.5 when I test the database using version 1.0 it tells me that the competition offsets are incorrect, but i cant access the part of the database with editor 0.5, any ideas on how to fix this

Latest posts