• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recent Salary cap stories...

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" style="position: static; visibility: visible; display: block; width: 100%; height: 202.766px; padding: 0px; border: none; max-width: 500px; min-width: 220px; margin-top: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;" data-tweet-id="658961475508281344" ***le="Twitter Tweet"></iframe>

Private ownership in sport. :cryy:<script async="" src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Last edited:
On the New York thing don't know why Moore is having a go at us there is no way we are anywhere near the Salary cap

I'd laugh a lot if all 12 released a statement of this kind.

Not sure what to say really, we've probably been breaking the rules somehow as it's pretty much an open secret. However the clubs have reached a settlement and whilst it is a whitewash the matter has been dealt with and I've no idea how publically naming and shaming Sarries and Us will actually accomplish. People will just end up hating both teams more and the people who get the real flack for that are fans who have no say on the matter.

Sale havn't acutally released an officlal statement.
Sort of have now - Dimes has said on BBC north west tonight about it.

Falcons head of media/pr (/whatever Mick Hogan's role is there) has said that Falcons follow the cap.

Whilst it's not surprising that Sale and Newcastle haven't broken the cap, i like that clubs are coming out and saying it. Eventually the silence from "some" camps will be deafening.

Sort of have now - Dimes has said on BBC north west tonight about it.

Falcons head of media/pr (/whatever Mick Hogan's role is there) has said that Falcons follow the cap.

Whilst it's not surprising that Sale and Newcastle haven't broken the cap, i like that clubs are coming out and saying it. Eventually the silence from "some" camps will be deafening.

Dimes said they aren't involved in the settlements I believe.

Falcons however simply said they've not broken the cap. Well according to the PRL, no one broke the cap, so it's a bull**** statement.

Clubs should either say they're not involved in the settlements, or they weren't part of the group being investigated for this potential breach.

The thing is that these teams can reach settlements, but what about the fans? Is there a single fan that cares about who settled with who? I want to see a fine, a points deduction, and removal of ***les. Morally, I can also see a case for monetary compensation for the fans since they paid for a product that wasn't as advertised.

In the biggest shock Worcester are not involved

https://twitter.com/JimOToole/status/659067323513466880
I'm confused - when Wasps and Worcester have said that they weren't involved, are they saying that they didn't breach the cap and settle, or that they weren't involved in the settlement of other teams?

Wasps is fairly clear:

"Wasps are not one of the clubs to which Premiership Rugby refers when it states: 'Premiership Rugby can confirm that certain issues were pursued last season with some Clubs relating to access to information and to commercial contracts where there were differences of opinion as to the inclusion or not in the Salary Cap.'

"Consequently, we are not one of the clubs mentioned in this statement who have reached a settlement with Premiership Rugby.

"We are strong supporters of the salary cap and believe that it is vital to the Aviva Premiership continuing to be the most competitive league in world rugby and at the same time protecting the long-term financial sustainability of clubs."

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Told <a href="https://twitter.com/premrugby">@premrugby</a> power split (NB not clubs investigated) Wasps/Quin/Glo/LI 1 side- New/Sale/Wor middle - Bath/Bris/Sar/Lei/Ntpn/Exe - other</p>&mdash; Brian Moore (@brianmoore666) <a href="https://twitter.com/brianmoore666/status/659270932129689600">October 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why do get Bristol get a say? Interesting both they and Exeter are on the side of the top clubs you'd though they'd be on the side of no cash.

Why do get Bristol get a say? Interesting both they and Exeter are on the side of the top clubs you'd though they'd be on the side of no cash.

They are part of the PRL. Bristols owner makes Baths look like a pauper, hardly a surprise they want to get rid of a cap, they could be over the cap at the moment, but it doesn't apply to championship.

Exeter are very well off, and I'd guess have been constantly spending upto the cap anyway, they may not have many standouts (getting there now), but they have a very good all round squad with not bad depth. Could have ended up on either side, but perhaps business is booming and they want it all.

Latest posts