• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Recommend a great sandwich and a drink!

BobHimmelgruber

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Me - I'm partial to a very manly loaded burger or a breaded tenderloin [schnitzel] and a hard cider. proper sammie.jpg

Last edited:
Nice and simple, I love a good croque-monsieur.
mare_mushroom_croque_monsieur_h.jpg

Try two medium thick slices of rough French bread lightly smeared with a clove of garlic and excellent extra virgin olive oil, add grated tomato with a little pepper before putting a lightly cooked piece of gammon between them and eating a glass of the finest Rioja you can afford.......................!!

Last edited:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GOvaJNcmaGE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I went through a phase of Somerset Brie (the best/only sort) and Bajan Chilli Sauce. Proper job mann.

Salt and vinegar crisps in cheap white bread with a diet coke.

theeeere it is !! Get all that Englishness out.
You do all know the sandwich is a English invention btw...not that it's surprising, but it's a fact nonetheless.

Hence my post :p

oh ok Edward Montagu was the guy ? I know he was some Lord or smt and he liked to play cards or some game with friends and he asked his cook to create a "portable" dish they could eat while playing...
The English ain't got time for food, do they !...couldn't have been a French invention.

Zero appears to be made of 99% laxative. Never known anything travel through the system quite like it......errr I mean I'm not sure.

At the risk of starting a debate, is there a difference between diet and zero? They both just taste the same (and a lot worse than normal coke) to me.

I think Diet tastes a lot sweeter than Zero - think the only difference is the type of sugar-free-sweetner, with Zero trying to be more like real coke (though not tasting exactly like it).
I stopped drinking full sugar coke years ago, now it tastes really strange when I have it.

Yeah, I stopped ages ago, I only drink Diet now.
Clearly not for health reasons as that **** will kill you double quick... but to use a poncy, drinky term, it has much less body to it and isn't cloying like regular coke.

I can't even drink diet coke now. I switched to 'caffeine free diet' a few years ago, and everything is too sweet compared to that.

If you like burgers, check out this site (I hope it works - it is a bit slow sometimes): http://www.cheeseandburger.com/

A favorite non-burger for me is a Green Devil - liverwurst on rye, with a touch of mayonnaise, topped with sliced green (bell) pepper, sliced onion, and sliced green olives. 'Tis yummy!! (Hmmm...maybe I should call it the 'Chabal'... ;) )

It isn't an easy sandwich to pair a drink with, but a pint of Guinness couldn't hurt!

das

I found that breaking Burnt Ends in two, putting a lot of pulled pork in between, then smearing the whole thing in bbq sauce makes an excellent sandwich. Goes well with whisky but so does everything. I had it with some buffalo trace.

Also, M&S Chocolate Orange bites in between two mini ring donuts = Win.

Latest posts