• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RFU chief reveals plan for NFL-style top flight with two leagues of eight teams and a Grand Final

Let's make the league 4 teams
Tigers (Midlands)
Newcaslte (North)
Exeter (South West)
Saracens (South East/London)

And join one mega league with the Celtic league and SA teams!!!!!
Oh what, so you just jettison Bath and I never watch them play rugby again?!

Yeah I'm in

Should quite clearly be the oldest clubs that are there:

North - Sale Sharks (1861)
South West - Bath (1865)
South East - Harlequins (1866)
Midlands - Wasps (1867)

The rest can join when they grow some pubes

Last edited:
Should quite clearly be the oldest clubs that are there:

North - Sale Sharks (1861)
South West - Bath (1865)
South East - Harlequins (1866)
Midlands - Wasps (1861)

The rest can join when they grow some pubes
Harlequins and wasps were originally the same club.
How can they have different founding dates?

Harlequins and wasps were originally the same club.
How can they have different founding dates?
First and foremost: I'm, apparently, illiterate and can't write a simple number.

Apparently Hampstead was founded in 1866, and that turned into Quins. Wasps split and became their own club in 1867

First and foremost: I'm, apparently, illiterate and can't write a simple number.

Apparently Hampstead was founded in 1866, and that turned into Quins. Wasps split and became their own club in 1867
But neither kept the history - as you can tell by neither keeping the name; so surely both were new clubs founded in 1867.
(Both names were found by flicking through a dictionary until they found something they liked - Quins starting at H so they could keep the initials; Wasps starting at W as they wanted to be at the fag-end of the alphabet just for funsies.)

But neither kept the history - as you can tell by neither keeping the name; so surely both were new clubs founded in 1867.
(Both names were found by flicking through a dictionary until they found something they liked - Quins starting at H so they could keep the initials; Wasps starting at W as they wanted to be at the fag-end of the alphabet just for funsies.)
Take it up with Wikipedia, I'm only here to be contrary with @Tigs Man

You managed to tie that tie yet buddy?

No need to duck.

UXvbVsI.jpg

Life hack found.

Latest posts