• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Rockstar] Grand Theft Auto V

Well, I played GTA V and here's a list of interesting things I've done:

- Kicked a dog (and killed it)
- Took a stripper home
- Jumped of Mount Chiliad with a parachute
- Played Tennis and Golf

I love the game so much. The number of things you can do is almost unlimited. Big improvement compared to GTA IV is that the car driving is a bit more user-friendly.
... And then you put the disc in.

Heard graphics are kind of jaggy and **** if played in 1080.

I always play games at 720p and have had no issues with graphics on my PS3 Slim Edition. My brother has the older version of the PS3 (the 1st edition) so I will try and compare the two over the weekend. However, GTA was never about the graphics.

tried to fly a plane last night, managed to get about half way up Mt.Chillad before I crashed tip don't stop the propellers.

Have put aside days of my life to play this game... and then my mrs gets a hold of the control and I gotta wait for her... fellas,.. dont let your mrs get a hand on this game

To be honest I finished the game after three days - and now am bored. Waiting for it to go online. Also for those who are doing the game - a helpful hint that is hardly a spoiler (or if it is one, its a helpful one!). Save the Lester missions for the end of the game. If you don't you're pretty much never going to get the $120,000,000 you need for the golf corse. Anyway, when it comes out online - anyone with a PS3 keen to start a crew?

To be honest I finished the game after three days - and now am bored. Waiting for it to go online. Also for those who are doing the game - a helpful hint that is hardly a spoiler (or if it is one, its a helpful one!). Save the Lester missions for the end of the game. If you don't you're pretty much never going to get the $120,000,000 you need for the golf corse. Anyway, when it comes out online - anyone with a PS3 keen to start a crew?

What about the 300 mill for the airport :p

What about the 300 mill for the airport :p

I don't think you can buy the airport...

The most expensive thing is 120 mill - you can only buy hangers at the airport which is relatively cheap. Regardless, do the Lester missions last!

I just finished a mission where you have to torture someone. Wow. I am not easily shocked, but this is something that exceeds all things GTA has had before. This trumps killing hookers, kicking dogs and hogtying women to put them in front of a train (That was Red Dead Redemption, but still).

I love this game!

I've finished all the story missions, I think I'm about 89% complete on my save. took me about 3 days playing a few hours each night after work to do the story missions. It's not as long as I had hoped for, but it is an amazing game.

I don't think you can buy the airport...

The most expensive thing is 120 mill - you can only buy hangers at the airport which is relatively cheap. Regardless, do the Lester missions last!

Musta been a dream then cos I swear I could see a sign saying it was 300M.

Golf course is 150M and am building up to buying that. I clocked the game a few days ago too and have done the Submarine, Alien and Letters parts. Sub was easy as it lets you know where the parts are as you're playing. The Letters and Alien parts are tough to find (50 of each) and they are spread out all over San Andreas. No way you'll be accidentally bumping into many of them very soon. I used a guide and you get to see some cracking places that you may not ever stumble on.

Some cool things :

You can fly the Jumbo jets in the airport (not all of them). Buy a hangar if you don't want police chase.

Sometimes when you're next to red traffic lights at front, if there's another car next to you then rev yer engine and beep horn and now 'n then they will give you a short drag race.

When on foot do a jump then press or hold O to sort of dive. Dive bomb swimming pools etc.

You can put a bike in back of pick up or truck and if you buy that cargobob helicopter you can carry cars n that with it.

So much to do in the game. My mate robbed a armoured truck other day, blew the backdoors off and it was empty (good touch as it probably best to tail it for a while to make sure it picks up cash, have seen this before)

I only get a chance to play this game for about 2 hours every night, so I haven't progressed so far as many others have.

May I please ask that you don't leave any spoilers on this thread, as I'm really enjoying this game and I want to experience everything for myself first-hand.

I can't download the iFruit app as South Africa's itunes doesn't have it yet on their system as an available app.

Aye, I'm no where near the end yet (damned work!).

I'm pretty sure you can buy the Airport, saw ProSyndicate do it on a live stream a few days ago.

half way though the story far, it's just ridiculous the amount of stuff you can do in this game I just sky dived, biked down a mountain and then stole a jet ski and went so a little ride in the ocean. Just incredible

Man, I really didn't realise how not-far-through the game I was: which makes me very happy :lol:
On the night of it coming out I saw someone mention a part of the story (not a major story spoiler, just an observation) and I only got to that point last night :lol:

Anyone played online yet? Just going to have a quick go on it now, before dinner, see what it's all about. Wasn't overly keen on the online on GTA IV, so interested to see how this goes (they've certainly made all the right noises pre-release).

The online isn't working properly. The servers got flooded big time and in the end I think it just got taken down.

Ah, that's all right then.
Not that that happened, but that it's not a problem with my internet! Tried getting on a few times and it kept timing out - had a problem a few months ago where I couldn't connect to Xbox live, was worried it was the same problem back!

Despite my initial meh-ness around this game I sort of want to play it now. Probably for the best I cant afford it really.

I've been playing online a bit, it's pretty fantastic. The other night I was on with two of my friends just generally messing around on free roam. So I decided to rob a petrol station out in the middle of nowhere I assumed this would be easy enough wouldn't be many cops around easy get away ect. So I get the money and on the way i shot the clerk. Turns out that shooting the clerk isn't a great idea, nest thing I now I'm driving around the desert with 2 helicopter on me and about 30 police cars suffice to say the police don't **** around in LS. So I end up with 4 stars and a completely ****ed car hood was turned into a triangle somehow at this point my mate says hes got an idea and starts directing me towards the airfield about 1 mile away my car just kicks it can't move anymore so my only option is to leg it, so with 2 or 3 helicopter firing on me I run over a hill to see a helicopter waiting to take off furiously tapping A to run and finally getting there taking off into the sun set . Bloody brilliant.

I've done two lester missions (the Ifruit one and the hotel one). Do I still have a shot for megabucks?

Latest posts