• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[Rockstar] Grand Theft Auto V

Absolutely awesome online. Mid 50 lvl at the moment and unlocked some pretty cool stuff. Watching the TV in yer apartment is great and they have Weasel News which shows all the ongoing cop chases and robberies taking place in the server in a cool cinematic mode.

Also you can spectate people with it and at lvl 50 unlocked Muggers which we can set onto people. They don't show up on the map and stealthily approach the chosen victim, mug them and run away or steal the vehicle they were driving. It is sooo funny to watch on the TV as most people have no clue what happened and start chasing said mugger on foot down the road attempting to get their belongings back.

Such cool things happen in the game. And so many people take it personally ;)
Couple of days ago, I took out some bloke with a sniper rifle (1 nil to me) and he set a 7k bounty on me and also joined in the hunt with other randomers in the session. I fled for a copter and could only find a weaponless Maverick. I flew to a pretty high building, landed and watched all the white player blips making their way to the tower I was on. As they arrived (including the guy who set the bounty) they were circling me, not realising I was a couple of hundred feet above them (also I highlighted the guy so his blip was flashing), Bang! Scoped him down below ( 2 nil to me ). He tries again and dies ( 3 nil ).

He susses I'm on the tower and returns a few minutes later in a Maverick (before he got to the copter I managed to get him mugged (kinda 4 nil now). Sorta knew he would do this so I was already lifting off and let him pursue me a bit. Not too bad at flying the choppers so was flying low in between buildings and under low bridges but he stayed safe in the air so I flew towards the airport and stopped and ascended as high as I could. All he could do was ascend with me and he did. In the Mavericks there aren't any weapons and you have no shoot ability like you have on other vehicles (unless you have a mate in there with you). So we're both ascending and he is a good few hundred feet below me. I max out altitude, then I used the 'Off Radar' perk, hiding my map blip. Jump out the copter, freefall to where I could see him still ascending, pull chute as I'm close and then auto aim kicks in on my micro SMG and riddle him with bullets on my way down ( 5 nil ).

He did manage to get me once as I was still descending and he spawned in the airport and waited for me to get close. I had a go at shooting him but failed. So 5 - 1 it was.. I nailed him though :p

EDIT
PS3 Join the FarQ crew
45.jpg2222.jpg3333.jpg4444.jpg

Last edited:
So after my staunch ignoring of this due to my past dislike of the series I find myself watching videos and streams on youtube and twitch and as such have found myself thinking maybe I want to play it after all. Happily though the money side had thwarted me but now I have been offered a copy by a mate for 25 quid.

Do I take the plunge?

has anyone had a problem with the latest update? i was fine getting online before but now i get the 'cloud servers are unavailable' again and i think i just lost my lvl 20 character, but thats not confirmed yet i see what happens tomorrow

So after my staunch ignoring of this due to my past dislike of the series I find myself watching videos and streams on youtube and twitch and as such have found myself thinking maybe I want to play it after all. Happily though the money side had thwarted me but now I have been offered a copy by a mate for 25 quid.

Do I take the plunge?

Try it. You can always sell it on again.

I'm waiting for the PC version but very much looking forward to it, recently played the entire series in the winter again(or in some limited cases for the first time) excpet for the 2nd top down one which was pretty bad.

Loving it so far, online and offline! I'm on Xbox, so chuck an add to Thingimubob if anyone wants a crack online!

Well I got it so if anyone want to...um...play some golf or...um...go up the cable car and look at the views then look I up. Those who don't have it my xbl gamertag is SelimNiai (although I'm thinking of changing it)

I finally managed to get the ifruit app working on my phone... pity it was the day after I finished the game.

Oh well, guess I'll have to restart from scratch...

I finally managed to get the ifruit app working on my phone... pity it was the day after I finished the game.

Oh well, guess I'll have to restart from scratch...

Why do you need iFruit? Other than to train your dog...

I completed the story early last week - absolutely loved it! Think it's second only to Red Dead Redemption for me (another Rockstar game).
Can't wait for the DLC (presuming they're doing some - they brought out a decent amount for GTA IV)

I have a potential problem. Im about a third of the way through (just before the Peleto Beach heist) and I spawn into the game as Trevor but cannot select Micheal or Franklin to continue the story (its the point where T and M are hiding in Sandy Shores as theyre banned from the city

What happens when you try and select the others? Does it just say they're lying low?
Are there any missions you can do with Trevor? Sometimes you'll get a phonecall and it'll get everything going again. Can't remember that point in the game, exactly, though.

The selection wheel doesnt even come up. There are 4 question marks in Sandy Shores but when I drive up to them nothing happens. Ive spent the last 20 odd mins driving a speed boat around the island and nothing happened, its like its in free mode

Edit: Still no change. Ive looked online and it after trying a few suggestions seems the only way round is to start a new game, which is super frustrating

Last edited:
Have you tried getting nicked or dying? That might trigger something. Worth a try....

Its back to normal. Dunno what I did to make it work seeing as in between not working and working I was arsing about online.

That was hilarious the other night by the way, had a really good laugh!

Latest posts