• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 11. Blues v Sharks

D

Dumbo

Match of the Round.
Both teams are on top part of the ladder and with the style of rugby being played by both sides, deserve to be there.
Blues suppoters have been looking forward to this game for a while now.
The Sharks started the season on top and have stayed around the top four for most of the season.
Last week they showed great skill in off loading the ball in the tackle as well as knowing where the try line is.

This is going to be a big game for the Blues, to take it out now will pretty much see them right to make the semis.

Fingers crossed.

For mine though don't think this as easy as the Blues may think.
The Sharks have lost 2 games to the Blues 1.

The Blues have outscored them with 258 to 227 but as an observation I reckon that McAlisatiar not playing then the Blues will be dropping an easy 7-10 points per game which brings it out about even.

The Sharks had a very good run last week and showed that they (true, not the best performance from the opposition) are not one dimensional.

Their handling skills last week where way up there.

I'm holding judgement until I see the teams...

BLUES:
15 Ben Atiga, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Isaia Toeava, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 10 Isa Nacewa, 9 Steve Devine, 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Angus Macdonald, 5 Troy Flavell ©, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Derren Witcombe, 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Nick White, 18 Ali Williams, 19 Justin Collins, 20 David Gibson, 21 David Holwell, 22 Joe Rokocoko.

Kevi and Ali on the bench!?!

Who's at 11? Tuitavake?

3 All Blacks still on the bench. Sharks must be licking their lips.

Wheres Chris Heard? He's a lot better than Nick White.

My heart says the Sharks!!!!!!! But my brain and logic go with the Blues tearing the Sharks a new one to use when they go to the toilet. :wah:

Sharks have only dropped two and the Blues have dropped one... pretty close really.
Like the Force against the Crusaders this game has the potential to be really good, could even be a sneak preview of the semis.

If both teams bring their A-games, it won`t just be the game of the round- it`ll be the game of the league phase!

The Sharks have got a formidable pack, when on form the best pack in the entire comp, and should have the edge up front. The Blues have the best backline in the comp, by quite some distance, and should have the edge out wide.

It all depends on how the Blues will be able to cope with the Sharks pack, and how the Sharks will try to stop the Blues backline. Could be a classic, but I`m thinking that the Blues, with home-ground advantage, and playing the way they are, will be damn nigh unstoppable.

Blues by less than 7.

Come on Sharks you can do it but the blues are so good
just look how they keep the ball alive in the contact situation

My hart is also with the sharks but I think the blues will win this one.

(Come on sharks you can do it) :cheers:

11 is rudi wulf....

i read an interview by coach nuci and the reason why he has left the ab's on the bench is that the players that have been playing week in and week out are more battle "hardened"...he is not taking this game for granted rather putting his trust in the soldiers who have proven their worth...ofcourse the ab's are great players...just wait till they get their opportunity to come on when the damage has been done by the frontline..

im tipping the blues in a close one

lolz.. come on when the damage is done, or come in to clean up the mess? :p

who knows.. they're all blacks, so what else do they have to prove.. obviously u want ur best players to peak come finals time, and not ur back up players?

Head to Head:

BLUES:
15 Ben Atiga, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Isaia Toeava, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Rudi Wulf, 10 Isa Nacewa, 9 Steve Devine; 8 Jerome Kaino, 7 Daniel Braid, 6 Angus Macdonald, 5 Troy Flavell ©, 4 Greg Rawlinson, 3 John Afoa, 2 Derren Witcombe, 1 Tony Woodcock. Reserves: 16 Keven Mealamu, 17 Nick White, 18 Ali Williams, 19 Justin Collins, 20 David Gibson, 21 David Holwell, 22 Joe Rokocoko.

SHARKS:
15 Percy Montgomery, 14 Odwa Ndungane, 13 Waylon Murray, 12 Brad Barritt, 11 JP Pietersen, 10 Francois Steyn, 9 Ruan Pienaar; 8 Bob Skinstad, 7 AJ Venter, 6 Jacques Botes, 5 Johann Muller, 4 Johan Ackerman, 3 BJ Botha, 2 John Smit ©, 1 Deon Carstens. Reserves: 16 Bismarck du Plessis, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Albert van den Berg, 19 Ryan Kankowski, 20 Warren Britz/Butch James, 21 Rory Kockott, 22 Adrian Jacobs.

Wahoo, looking forward to this one. Fingers crossed for a try fest

They have a good chance, without McAlistair in the backline for the Blues it's a drop of a least 10 points (taking nothing away fro Sammu but he's just not play maker that Luke is).

Still though can't see the Blues falling away like the Reds did last week.

Looking at the lineup again - you'd have to be going for the Blues ;)

Latest posts