• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 3:Bulls v Waratahs

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
T

THE CHIROPRACTOR101

ooohhhh im loving the look of this contest

habana did make the aussies look silly in the trinations and im hoping to see more of the same this sunday or saturday to our saffer viewers

will be very tough game and very close..im backing bulls to win

Habana Banana.....if you dont give him any space he's useless, never really see him break the line.

Keep him marked and he wont be a problem, give him space and he'll burn you

He really needs to get stronger and add a fend to his game IMO

edit: The Tahs will win ... no doubt about it

Yep, tahs to win - they are to strong. Tat Polota-Nau and Sam Norton-Knight and Daniel Halangahu. All former brumbies rookies.

Never knew Daniel Halangahu was an ex Brumby, we could use a backup 5/8 as Giteau isn't the answer anymore.
If Tahs can get their handling sorted they will be tough to beat.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 21 2006, 05:18 PM
Habana Banana.....if you dont give him any space he's useless, never really see him break the line.

thats a pretty dumb assumption seeing that he is one of the best defending wingers in the world

and just like last week he forces turnovers by his rush defence which then caused a try..(you can hold him acountable to a good majority of sth african points at test level)
infact i dont know anyone else that constantly plays great with the rush defense..i mean if he ever gets caught out he simply sprints down to catch the opponent

he doesnt need a fend he needs a step..and he needs to continue his chip n chase game which he gets better at every attempt

No doubt he's the best winger around ATM, but when hes covered he always tries to step his man in tight spaces(rarely works) rather than go through him or fend them off

He doesn't really look like a threat unless he's got an overlap on, but when he has space his steping and chips are deadly.

I'd like to see him break the line like Tuqiri,Sailor,Nonu,Gear or Mitchell(smaller winger who uses a great fend to make breaks) who all look dangerous no matter where they are.

Maybe i'm taking to much from last weeks game but its somthing i've noticed for a little while now.

Just heard big Vic was going to be back this week, than I hear they have decided to rest him for another week even though he is cleared to play, gotta question the logic of this, this is a must win for the Bulls every home game is a must win maybe Meyer is trying to pull a shifty one.....

Anyway loks like no changes for the Bulls so I think tahs should win this one just....

Bulls:

15 Johan Roets, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 JP Nel, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Derick Hougaard, 9 Fourie du Preez (captain), 8 Jacques Cronjé, 7 Johan Wasserman, 6 Pedrie Wannenburg, 5 Francois van Schouwenburg, 4 Bakkies Botha, 3 Andries Human, 2 Kobus van der Walt, 1 Jaco Engels.

Replacements: 16 Chilliboy Ralepelle, 17 Danie Thiart, 18 Danie Rossouw, 19 Pierre Spies, 20 Heini Adams, 21 Morne Steyn, 22 Riaan van der Bergh.

Naturally I will call Bulls for this one. Loftus is not just a home advantage, to the aussies it is the most hated ground in the comp. Hopefully the Bulls will make the Tahs hate it even more.

Quintes: "Naturally I will call Bulls for this one." - enough said !

Bulls win win, there is no doubt about that and yes, it`s a great opportunity for the Loftus announcer to make some fun of the poor Sydney fags ! (innovative fags tho as Wally named them)

A couple of seasons ago, ossies got angry by the `sheep molestors` remarks that Loftus announcers made ! Hehe, were was he wrong anyway? :D

Originally posted by Rassie@Feb 23 2006, 09:28 PM
A couple of seasons ago, ossies got angry by the `sheep molestors` remarks that Loftus announcers made ! Hehe, were was he wrong anyway? :D
Of course they were angry, no Aussie likes to be mistaken for a Kiwi.

Originally posted by Rassie@Feb 23 2006, 08:28 PM
Quintes: "Naturally I will call Bulls for this one." - enough said !

Bulls win win, there is no doubt about that and yes, it`s a great opportunity for the Loftus announcer to make some fun of the poor Sydney fags ! (innovative fags tho as Wally named them)

Last time I checked the Waratahs had beaten the Bulls twice in a row, so I wouldn't be too confident!

A couple of seasons ago, ossies got angry by the `sheep molestors` remarks that Loftus announcers made ! Hehe, were was he wrong anyway?  :D
[/b]

Because you're moron's... It's Aussies that take the **** out of kiwi's for being sheep f***ers and take off yarpies for being inbred! You guys just don't know which way is up :p and can't figure out which insult goes where... it must be that inbred gene playing up again :p .

WWW.NSWRUGBY.COM

Hoiles & Halangahu to Start at Loftus
Friday, 24 February 2006

An outstanding performance off the bench against the Stormers last weekend has led to Stephen Hoiles winning selection at Number 8 for Saturday night’s Tooheys New Super 14 clash with the Bulls in Pretoria.
Stephen Hoiles

Hoiles replaces Lyons in the starting side while Daniel Halangahu has also been promoted to flyhalf shifting Tim Donnelly out of the 22 as the HSBC Waratahs opt for a 5/2 forwards bench.

“Our bench players have been lifting us and when they show form as good as Stephen and Daniel have they must be promoted,†said head coach Ewen McKenzie.

“It’s really not about dropping players at the moment; it’s more like promoting players. It’s a positive selection.

“The Bulls will be a hefty challenge at Loftus on Saturday and I’m confident with Lyons and Palu on the bench we’ll have the firepower late in the game to see us through.â€

Will Caldwell has overcome his hamstring strain and will play off the bench.

HSBC Waratahs to Play the Bulls in Pretoria on Saturday

1 Matt Dunning
2 Adam Freier
3 Al Baxter
4 Alex Kanaar
5 Daniel Vickerman
6 Rocky Elsom
7 Phil Waugh [v-c]
8 Stephen Hoiles
9 Chris Whitaker [c]
10 Daniel Halangahu
11 Lote Tuqiri
12 Shaun Berne
13 Morgan Turinui
14 Peter Hewat
15 Sam Norton-Knight

SUBS:
Tatafu Polota-Nau
Benn Robinson
Will Caldwell
Wycliff Palu
David Lyons
Brett Sheehan
Ben Jacobs

Norton-Knight still not at 10, that might change during the match.

Sailor has been suspended for 1 match after his night out

they hyped up wyclef palu last year and he didnt deliever...hope he does coz he looks to have some real talent and sumthing the aussies have been lackin in a while now as owen finegan type battering ram player

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Feb 21 2006, 02:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-The TRUTH!!
@Feb 21 2006, 05:18 PM

thats a pretty dumb assumption seeing that he is one of the best defending wingers in the world

and just like last week he forces turnovers by his rush defence which then caused a try..(you can hold him acountable to a good majority of sth african points at test level)
infact i dont know anyone else that constantly plays great with the rush defense..i mean if he ever gets caught out he simply sprints down to catch the opponent

he doesnt need a fend he needs a step..and he needs to continue his chip n chase game which he gets better at every attempt [/b]
I agree entirely with you Chiro.

It is interesting to note though if I'm not mistaken, that he has worn the No.13 quite a few times. Not at International level, at domestic level.

How did Halangahu go at 10? If he was crap I think they need to give Norton Knight a try at 10.

Latest posts