• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 8: Blues v Bulls

Can't wait to see the 105 kg Inside Centre Dries Scholtz playing against the Blues. From what I've seen he is a great asset for the Bulle.

I don`t think (IMO) that Blues supporters will give up their team. As far as i know they are the most fanatical rugby supporters in NZ.

Originally posted by Ripper+Mar 30 2006, 06:01 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Dumbo
@Mar 30 2006, 06:58 PM
Either way (other than the Canes vs the Crusaders) it has all the potential to be a hell of a match and THE match of round 8. The Blues after being rapped (thanks Chiro for the definition) have ditched Lavea (at last) but lost McAllways-hurt-nothing-new... if the Bull's take out this one I'd say that there is a few Blues supports that are going to lose faith and head south.
And they can stay south for all I care... and when Auckland carves up the NPC again they can go f*** themselves. [/b]
And let me guess... you'll still be stuck in the middle of nowhere saying 'I think they can I think they can'.

Easy Tiger...

Originally posted by Dumbo+Mar 30 2006, 07:33 PM-->
Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 30 2006, 06:01 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Dumbo
@Mar 30 2006, 06:58 PM
Either way (other than the Canes vs the Crusaders) it has all the potential to be a hell of a match and THE match of round 8. The Blues after being rapped (thanks Chiro for the definition) have ditched Lavea (at last) but lost McAllways-hurt-nothing-new... if the Bull's take out this one I'd say that there is a few Blues supports that are going to lose faith and head south.

And they can stay south for all I care... and when Auckland carves up the NPC again they can go f*** themselves.
And let me guess... you'll still be stuck in the middle of nowhere saying 'I think they can I think they can'.

Easy Tiger... [/b]
Something like that.

Have a cursed Banana :devban:

All set for a 6 hour marathon of rugby. Chilled beer, plenty of biltong, 3 South African teams, said a prayer.

Op die Bulle!
Op die Jagluiperde!
en
Op die Moffies!

how many times have i said necewa needs to be close to the ball!!!..not that close tho and big luke is injured..ohwell

hahaha @ lavea

So I take it we won't be having more retarded posts from Truth saying the Force backs are all better then Nacewa or posts from Umosay and stoners like Woosaah saying Ralph is better then Rocokoko?

I can only hope. And the worst National team for NZ needs to be updated, Brent Ward is making Dumbo looking more stupid everytime he makes that break, or catches that high ball cleanly under pressure.

I’m signing off. This is a preventative measure, because I’m about to blow my top off, and don’t want to say anything I might regret later!!

Peace be with all of you.

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 31 2006, 07:52 PM
So I take it we won't be having more retarded posts from Truth saying the Force backs are all better then Nacewa or posts from Umosay and stoners like Woosaah saying Ralph is better then Rocokoko?

I can only hope. And the worst National team for NZ needs to be updated, Brent Ward is making Dumbo looking more stupid everytime he makes that break, or catches that high ball cleanly under pressure.
You beat the Bulls FFS ...... big deal

now watch the blues win the rest of there games, and finnish 5th, one point off 4th.

Originally posted by Ripper@Mar 31 2006, 07:52 PM
I'll ware that, the thing that impressed most about Ward was him running at the line and not kicking stupidly... Who the hell do you pick for our worst 15 in NZ? Don't go on about McD ripper he's done the business... where do you get a shithouse 15? Chiefs?, Canes?, Highlanders?

Infact stuff it, it's still with Ward in my books, one game brother - if you a decent coach he would have been playing there from the start... but you don't... his last game he looked ****... this game he looked pretty good... next game well who knows. All other kiwi 15's have been there from the start.

Very open to all views on this one.

Well done Blues, looked like a very confincing win to this idiot.

Originally posted by Dumbo+Mar 31 2006, 10:42 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Mar 31 2006, 07:52 PM
I can only hope.  And the worst National team for NZ needs to be updated, Brent Ward is making Dumbo looking more stupid everytime he makes that break, or catches that high ball cleanly under pressure.
I'll ware that, the thing that impressed most about Ward was him running at the line and not kicking stupidly... Who the hell do you pick for our worst 15 in NZ? Don't go on about McD ripper he's done the business... where do you get a shithouse 15? Chiefs?, Canes?, Highlanders?

Infact stuff it, it's still with Ward in my books, one game brother - if you a decent coach he would have been playing there from the start... but you don't... his last game he looked ****... this game he looked pretty good... next game well who knows. All other kiwi 15's have been there from the start.

Very open to all views on this one.

Well done Blues, looked like a very confincing win to this idiot. [/b]
His last game? the one where he touched the ball twice at the most, very rarely does a player carve up when he hasn't played for 6 months and is only used for 5 to 10 minute bursts two or three times?

I think i'll support the Cheetahs for the rest of the season. The Bulls didnt deserve a win today... they were just plain pathetic.

I hope they sort it out in time for the Curry Cup!

Why wasn't he int he starting 15? and don't wah on about the guy - he's played one game and did real well... a lot of will remember the last game when he looked like ****.

All in all though, very good win for the Blues. If the Blues coach plays Lavea at 1st5 you really have to wonder what the hell the guy is up to.

BLUES 30-17 BULLS

Mar 31, 2006
By Daryl Fenemor

The Blues have recovered from their embarrassment last week with a 30-17 victory over the Bulls at Eden Park on a perfect Friday night.

The Blues were destroyed 43-9 by the Waratahs last weekend but the criticism they received during the week led to a more energised performance that produced tries to John Senio, Nick Williams and Viliame Waqaseduadua.

The lineouts were still pretty ordinary and the scrum was a little up and down but the commitment and attacking entertainment was more on display.

The former Super 12 winners still looked a long way from being a top four side but will be able to take some positives from securing an important win.

The Blues got off to the perfect start with halfback John Senio finding a gap through the middle of a ruck to score after good lead up work put the Bulls on the back foot.

All Black loose forward Angus MacDonald was forced off with injury after just six minutes, replaced by NZ Sevens gold medallist Auva'a Tololima Onosai'i.

Nacewa extended the lead with a penalty won by good work from winger Joe Rokocoko.

Shortly afterwards the emotion in the Blues came to the surface with Tony Woodcock penalised for punching Victor Matfield in the head and Derick Hougaard calmly kicked the three points.

Hougaard surprisingly missed a gift penalty opportunity seconds later.

A magical piece of attack inspired by Rua Tipoki led to another penalty to Nacewa.

The lineouts had been terrible all night for the Blues and they gifted the Bulls a try with a lineout near the line floating straight into the hands of a grateful Bakkies Botha, who crashed over.

After many Blues attempts to barge over it was finally Nick Williams who crashed over under the posts.

Hougaard missed another easy penalty as the Blues went to halftime 20-10 ahead.

The Blues opted for a scrum from a penalty on the Bulls' line but were screwed through ninety degrees to lose the scrum but then won it back when the Blues were given a free kick for a delayed put in. After another penalty was won from the scrum the Blues finally opted for the kick at goal, which Nacewa pulled wide.

Nacewa scored the first points of the half after 13 minutes to reward the early second spell dominance of the Blues.

The key director of play and territory kicker for the Bulls, Hougaard, limped off with a quarter of the match to play.

The Blues effectively secured the match with a great set piece try from a lineout that finally went right. Viliame Waqaseduadua cut back on the angle from a Rokocoko pass and sped through to score his first Super 14 try.

The Bulls hit back with a converted try to their hooker Gary Botha after he forced the ball that Fourie Du Preez had taken over the goal line.

The Blues host the Stormers next week while the Bulls face the Chiefs.

Blues: Tries: John Senio, Nick Williams, Viliame Waqaseduadua. Cons: Isa Nacewa (3). Pens: Nacewa (3).

Bulls: Tries: Bakkies Botha, Gary Botha. Cons: Derick Hougaard, Morne Steyn. Pens: Hougaard.

MVP Points: 3. Rua Tipoki, 2. Joe Rokocoko, 1. Troy Flavell.
[/b]
-http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/411749/692306

---

great stuff by the blues

Latest posts