Roy Jones Jr vs Calzaghi

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Gay-Guy, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Anyone gonna watch this fight? RJJ has lost a bit of his speed and accuracy from the past whilst Calzaghi seems to be at his peak with recent convincing victories making him the new "pound for pound" number 1 fighter. Will RJJ get the p4p title back by showing Calzaghi who the man is...or will he get shown up as an old man whose skills and speed are faded and gone.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

Wow Calzaghi arrives in some sort of Chinese collar glittery jacket lol! What happened to the simple ring robes?!?!?!?

4. Gay-Guy

Gay-Guy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Sporting Life fight review

5. getofmeland

getofmeland Guest

I missed the fight, but heard it was a fairly decent one... I may try to catch the highlights later on... Plus I don't get Sultana Sports here...

6. danny

danny Guest

Watched the fight and although it was very entertaining it is time for both men to retire. As always with boxing and its politics (greed) the top guys dont fight each other until they are no loger a long term meal ticket for the gangsters.On a positive note Joe now has to rate as our greatest ever fighter. Eclipsing the legendary Jimmy Wilde

7. gingergenius

gingergenius Guest

yep, joe should mos def retire now.

There's very little more he needs to do - he's been a champion for a decade, he's been unbeaten throughout his career, and he's dispatched all of his rivals.

He can pass the title of best British boxer hopefully onto HAYEMAKER.

8. Cymro

Cymro Guest

Did the biz!

9. nam97

nam97 Guest

This fight only did Roy Jones Jr's reputation no good I reckon. I hate seeing legends like him coming back trying to take on the current champ, a loss was inevitable, of course he wasn't gonna fight as good as he did back in the 90's. Oh well, Calzaghe is a true champion also so congrats to him.

10. danny

danny Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Nov 9 2008, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    David Haye will get knocked out by the first decent fighter he faces. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!