• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby 08 NEW INFO!

i also think they should add a career mode, like total pitch manager, you decide when to overseed, give it water, what cutting pattern to mow it in. not to mention the important decisions like mowers for sale which give you the most bang for your buck. also i think it would be great to incorporate a spray painting mini games where you have to paint the adverts onto the pitch and if you go outside the lines, you fail! [/b]

that would be be awesome with the revolutionary 3d grass.

That sky digital thing is on channel 345, it shows the hak and about 10 seconds of game footage. cant really get anything from it. Although, all the allblacks are wearing baby blue rugby boots! wtf?

That sky digital thing is on channel 345, it shows the hak and about 10 seconds of game footage. cant really get anything from it. Although, all the allblacks are wearing baby blue rugby boots! wtf? [/b]

They all must have carters boots o_O

ill jump on tonight and see if i can get some footage of it.

This game looks to be great. Rugby 06 is my favorite sports game ever.

I can't wait to see what's different and new....

MASSIVE BRILLIANCE

CHEERS LOX AND KNOWS

I aint fazed by the bad points - i play on side cam anyways

its fitting my expectations - few tweaks, updated rosters, auto rucks (which is **** but they wont change that for decades)

The PS2 has some life in it yet - but bloody hell i want X360 version

Bring on 08

I am involved!!!!
[/b]

yup ur like most of us rugby fans with an X360!!! its so frustrating that it is rumoured to be released on the X360 but nothing is official yet!!! :huh:

So, Locks and Knowsley. IS there anything more you can tell us about the game?

Is any tight-five player a star, etc?

locksley do wales have their brains back? [/b]

They won't be in the game because of the French Alcohol advertising laws. Plus, if there's propper World Cup kits, the sponsors won't be on them anyway.

<div class='quotemain'> locksley do wales have their brains back? [/b]

They won't be in the game because of the French Alcohol advertising laws. Plus, if there's propper World Cup kits, the sponsors won't be on them anyway.
[/b][/quote]

Yea that is a plus that the kit will be right for the world cup mode

its always a shame though to play as them or against them and not be able to have the brains logo.

maybe they should just add the 'Brawn' to their shirt or something.

Why in Fifa 07 can teams (liverpool for example) have alcohol advertisment on their kits but in the rugby games they cannot?

Proberbly the higher budget allows them to redevelop the French version, or something... :blink:

It's definately the alcohol law though, as the Scotland shirts on 06 had "TFG" written instead of Famous Grouse

yeah i concur with teh mite, i remember when the All Blacks were sponsered by Steinlager(sp) and they had to cover it up with black tape when they played oveer there. i thought it was strange at the time but not anymore.

found this on gameplanet today in the pc games section of the store. so yeah just further confirmation that it will be a july release unless something werid delays it.

A nation's destiny is in your hands...
Hot pick! Electronic Arts have confirmed that Rugby 08 is all set for a late July release in New Zealand on the PC and PlayStation 2. New modes introduced this year include the Rugby World Cup and the World Cup Challenge mode. Enhanced gameplay features including a new lineout mechanic and defensive formations plus a new camera system. Pre-order your copy today and get free courier delivery direct to your door anywhere in NZ

Could you tell us the team overalls and the star players.

My list so far....

Greegan
Larkham
Latham
Lote
Giteau

McCaw
Carter
Rothocoko
Collins

Percy
Habanna
Burger

Pitchot

Williams
Hanson

France 92
Pumas 80

Four weeks today guys and we should all have our copies. I can imagine the best try threads already, lol.

Could you tell us the team overalls and the star players.

My list so far....

Greegan
Larkham
Latham
Lote
Giteau

McCaw
Carter
Rothocoko
Collins

Percy
Habanna
Burger

Pitchot

Williams
Hanson

France 92
Pumas 80
[/b]

Im guessing Wilkinson? and Tana.. should he be in the Hurricanes

I reckon everyone has different ideas who should be a star player.

I don't think Lote should be one in my own opinion. He's often put into a good position to score his tries and doesn't have a multi-facted game.

The important thing to remember is, that if you chose the star players for '08, you'd probably choose some that other people wouldn't agree with too.

No-ones going to pick star players that everyone will agree with. Out of interest why don't you tell us who the three-four star players that you'd pick for Australia are?

Latest posts