• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

Not many people like looking for a needle in a hay stack which are the very rare posts from HB.

As said, they may be rare, but the only reason they are a "needle in a hay stack" is due to repeated posts by people that don't look around and read. All fun though i guess.....

UPDATE!!!

Announcement was due today about Licences, but this has been delayed until Next Week, when I know more I will Update you all

Sorry on behalf of HB Studios and 505 Games

Charlie

Rare maybe (more than you by the way) ... quality no doubt sunshine.

Quality is a qualitative assessment, quantity is a qualitative assessment, take from that what you will.

I also didn't partner up with a rugby community while making a game. Maybe instead of wasting time for the last four years they could have taken advantage of the fact that they are getting free consumer surveys from this website and designed a game that doesn't implement those rubbish passing mechanics that we have seen in previous ***les.

Last edited:
UPDATE!!!

Announcement was due today about Licences, but this has been delayed until Next Week, when I know more I will Update you all

Sorry on behalf of HB Studios and 505 Games

Charlie

It may be because all the new jerseys for the world cup haven't been shown yet. By the way you can see the new French one for the world cup (and i do not like it !!!).
6606H1.jpg

Alistair has said numerous times that HB and 505 are working on it, he has said this more than once.

People need to read / search through things instead of being lazy and posting the same question over.

It's going to be region-free anyway though, right?

My prayers go out to all living in new zealand. You guys have such a beautiful country. Wish you guys all the best! Im backing crusadres for the win next weekend by the way!! Really guys, keep strong, may God give you guys tremendous power, to overcome all difficult times and fears!!! You guys play good rugby, if that is some consilation...

tbh, from what has been released so far, rugby challenge looks like a far more rounded game with miles more replay value.

I'm sorry, I just have to say, this is bullshit. Only 20 international teams in a rugby video game is ridiculous. The best thing about Rugby 08 was the World League and that was the only thing that compensated for the fact that the game itself was clearly rushed and incredibly inaccurate. After waiting four years you would think that this time they would be better prepared. Someone posted here that it was great that there were two developers now invested in rugby. This is clearly not the case as all the problems seem to stem from the battle for licenses. As a Connacht supporter I have never played as my club in a rugby video game and I was very hopeful that this time I would have that pleasure, particularly with the fact that we are in the Heineken Cup this year. However, it now looks like my only hope lies with Rugby Challenge, even though they have yet to secure that license, but one would expect them to, considering that this ***le has abandoned the club game. I'm sorry, but waiting four years for more disappointment is bullshit.

I'm sorry, I just have to say, this is bullshit. Only 20 international teams in a rugby video game is ridiculous. The best thing about Rugby 08 was the World League and that was the only thing that compensated for the fact that the game itself was clearly rushed and incredibly inaccurate. After waiting four years you would think that this time they would be better prepared. Someone posted here that it was great that there were two developers now invested in rugby. This is clearly not the case as all the problems seem to stem from the battle for licenses. As a Connacht supporter I have never played as my club in a rugby video game and I was very hopeful that this time I would have that pleasure, particularly with the fact that we are in the Heineken Cup this year. However, it now looks like my only hope lies with Rugby Challenge, even though they have yet to secure that license, but one would expect them to, considering that this ***le has abandoned the club game. I'm sorry, but waiting four years for more disappointment is bullshit.

Do you have to swear?

- " Rome wasnt built in a day " open your eyes and be grateful that theres not just one rugby game coming out this year but two. Two great ***les that will show the world this great game. This my friend is only the begining of something truely amazing. :)

Last edited:

You needed to have got yourself a copy of Rugby Challenge 2006 then lad, Connacht were fully licensed in that I think I can even remember they were rated better then Munster... which speaks volumes for the game really. It was the only game to date that had both the Celtic League and Top 14 officially licensed.
Anyways, as a fellow Connacht fan I share your pain at (so far) not having a Celtic/ProRabo-whatever League or Heienken Cup license announced for either game... all the EA/HB Rugby games since 2005 have featured an unlicensed Heineken Cup, and the one year that Connacht would have legitimately featured in the game with that same mode, it's been omitted and with it Connacht's appearance.

It's not related to this forum, but I would still be quite hopeful of Connacht featuring in licensed or unlicensed form in Sidhe's new Rugby Challenge game... and even if they aren't, the create a team mode should provide you that chance yourself (have to hope they feature a green&black trim jersey, black shorts, white socks kit however, as selecting different shorts and sock to go with a jersey is not possible - has to be a full 3-piece kit created by Sidhe).

All that is by-the-by though as, if Sidhe's gameplay is not great (the jury is still out obviously) then even with Connacht in it or possible to be put in it, I'm seriously unlikely to play it over RWC2011 even with its game mode and team limitations (I'm working off the proviso that RWC2011's gameplay is the same or improved over Rugby2008), which is much the same story as happened with the original Rugby Challenge 2006... it promised the teams but gameplay was poor in comparison to the EA games of the same era.

Latest posts