• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rugby World Cup 2011 Official Game

The world cup is happening in NZ and NZ is not licensed. I don't blame Sidhe or HB stuidios, I blame the Rugby Boards of NZ, South Africa and Australia. Why would you give a exclusive license to one developer and not the other. Look at PES and FIFA they have been at each other throats for ages.

Lets admit one thing that Rugby is not as popular as Football. So why do these greedy rugby boards (NZRU), ask for so much money just to allow someone to use their license. I hope EA sports makes a game so we can have alll the licenses.

At the moment it looks like that Rugby Challenge is popular because it has Northern and Southern hemisphere domestic leagues. Shame on the rugby boards of each nation.

How many tournaments have any Irish rugby team (International or Club) won. NZ seem to win all southern hemisphere tournaments about 70% of the time!

Don't watch much Northern Hemisphere rugby do you? Last 6 years:
Munster - Heineken Cup 2005, 2008, Magners League 2009, 2011
Leinster - Heineken Cup 2009, 2011, Magners 2008
Ulster - Magners League 2005 (not to forget the Heineken Cup win in '99)
Also Ireland - Grandslam 2009. Think that on was a bit of a big one...

The world cup is happening in NZ and NZ is not licensed. I don't blame Sidhe or HB stuidios, I blame the Rugby Boards of NZ, South Africa and Australia. Why would you give a exclusive license to one developer and not the other. Look at PES and FIFA they have been at each other throats for ages. Lets admit one thing that Rugby is not as popular as Football. So why do these greedy rugby boards (NZRU), ask for so much money just to allow someone to use their license. I hope EA sports makes a game so we can have alll the licenses. At the moment it looks like that Rugby Challenge is popular because it has Northern and Southern hemisphere domestic leagues. Shame on the rugby boards of each nation.
The ARU and NZRU were approached by Sidhe before they even knew about RWC 2011. AJ said that in another post. But I Aggree with u though. Why couldnt they both get the bloody licence. I'm sure there is more to it but it's not that major to do it!
go aussies poor springboks i know they can come back.

Tournaments

Hi

Just want to make sure - This game ONLY has the 20 National Teams and the only tournament you can play is World Cup?
No domestic tournaments or Six/Tri-Nations or World League where you can manage your own team or nothing?

And what does it mean that NZ and Aus didn't give licenses? Does it mean that NZ and Aus will have fake players or what?

Thanks

On the Irish gamestop website it says the predicted release is September 11 which is the day of Irelands first world cup match, which makes me think it'll come out on the 8th or 9th.

EDIT: Sorry wrong thread :(

For those who are interested, the game received a rating of "Everyone" by the ESRB. Content involved includes Alcoholic References and Mild Language.

Hello. I hope I'm in the right topic to ask my question. I wanted to know, is a follow up scheduled for next year or two year, and if so in what condition? Because it would be unfortunate to see no competition in games of rugby, sidhe have already said that if their games would be a commercial success, they would probably second in two years.
Thank you in advance for your response, and excuse my english.

Hey guys.

I played the demo now alot , but it seems to me it is almost impossible to chip kick over the fullback and regain the ball. The defender turns around so quick even if I'm on top speed they get the ball 70% of the time. Will it change in the full game ? It seems to be highly unrealistic. Even kicking over the defensive backline,then a player turn around to quick to catch the ball.

What is the use for the chip kick then if you can't even retain possesion?

Thanks

Eddie

I have managed to recover the ball a few times, scored a couple of tries too. Its just all about the timing.

Post from tjung0831 at operationsports.com:

Received this email from 505 games today.....

Hi Tim,

Rugby World Cup will be available in North America on September 6th​ on Xbox 360 (exclusively at GameStop), or as a download from PlayStation Network.
Thanks for your interest,
505 Games Support

Link is here: http://www.operationsports.com/foru...available-now-post-your-impressions-here.html

wow does this mean you can't buy a disc? It will be a downloadable game only...

I've scored a couple tpp. It's nice when it happens. It just feeld like the fullback's chance of getting the ball is 60% where in real life it's about well 50/50.

Will HB Studios release a game with more depth after RWC 2011?
It would be great if add ons (compos etc) on the Playstation and XBOX Network were possible much like NEW COURSES in Tiger Woods Golf. Use the exisitng RWC2011 game and purchase extra tournies. Can anybody at HB Studios confirm whether this is or is not on the cards. It would definately see a sharp rise in sales of this RWC 2011 game if made possible.

Anybody got any knowledge if this is in production or in the pipeline?

Latest posts