• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2007 Georgia Lead Ireland....

You know what I was rather impressed with alot of the Georgian forwards they were beast and if developed properly could really make an impact on international Rugby. I never saw Georgia play before the RWC 2007 but from what i saw they are quite good for a team that hasn't been in the game too long and wouldn't mind betting that there will soon be a Rugby star come from there some time down the line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Sep 5 2008, 11:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
wouldn't mind betting that there will soon be a Rugby star come from there some time down the line.[/b]

Clermont's prop Zirikashvili is already a star in the Top 14, maybe that the H-Cup will give him more exposure.

The famous french scrum half Dimitri Yachvili has also georgian origins. His brother even played for Georgia !

Yeah, Yachvili is the legacy of the exodus of the middle classes from the USSR between 1919 and the 1950s which spawned other Rugby greats like Prince Obolensky for example.

Zirakashvili is really great, as Iachvili too, we take pride of having such rooted person.

I'd like to remind you Gia Labadze the Toulon Captain, he was capitan of Toulon even when playing with great Tana Umaga

Numerous other Georgian players play in Top 14 and actively make their name.

We couldn't reach RWCs because of USSR period, and it was RWC 2003 when we made it first, and scored try against RSA too :cheers:

Georgia is gearing up for the better future and posts full of good and warm words about its rugby bring us more motivation to do so.

Best Wishes dear friends

Georgia-rugby.jpg

Georgia rugby looks awesome, hope the conflict between Russia doesnt stop it from progressing. Amazing stuff against Ireland, like most amateur teams at the WC, they had beastly forward backs but there backs werent up to scratch.

Ireland will crush Georgia by drunken raping and pillaging - works for the Russians.

Seriously - France had a big connection with Romanian rugby, and now a lot of Georgians go to France. What's with France and eastern Europe? Why don't Georgian forwards turn up in Britain?

Well conflict with Russia is no more dangerous for the Georgian rugby development, as Russian troops are to be pulled back.

Georgia still in great contacts with France Top 14 and nowadays new perspectives in England are under way, as more than four Georgian players had beed sent to London, you can find the ***le about that on this link:

http://georgiatoday.ge/article_details.php?id=5449

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 6 2008, 03:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland will crush Georgia by drunken raping and pillaging - works for the Russians.

Seriously - France had a big connection with Romanian rugby, and now a lot of Georgians go to France. What's with France and eastern Europe? Why don't Georgian forwards turn up in Britain?[/b]

Because rugby aside, Southern France is a better living environnment than GB ?

:bleh!: :bleh!: :cheers:

Sorry but I dont understand what you mean.

I think France is the great place in this world, and Top 14 is the strongest northern hemisphere league but when I say new perspectives in GB it means that new league is awaiting for us.

The more possible experience the more useful for team. :cheers: :cheers:

The highlights and few I saw involving Georgia play/ preform on the WRC were pretty impressive.
If more of their player manage to get into the better leagues with a long rugby history. Georgia may become a country that can really surprise people on a big tournement.

Thats the deal we Georgian work hard about, to transfer all the talented Georgians into the better leagues as the Georgian league is in a great financial crysis that stunts Georgian rugby clubs' development.

Most part of Georgian national rugby players are playing in France Top 14 and as noted above some of the guys are to get England leagues.

Meanwhile our new Coach Tim Lane from Australia fell in love with my country and rugby and tries hard to transfer some of the Georgians in Australian teams...

Thanks for your opinions, thats precious for us...

Cheers :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 6 2008, 02:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Seriously - France had a big connection with Romanian rugby, and now a lot of Georgians go to France. What's with France and eastern Europe? Why don't Georgian forwards turn up in Britain?[/b]

Like I said, France has always had a big connection with Eastern Europe and Russia ever since the fall of the Tsar. France and the UK were the two big destinations for Russia and Eastern Europe's well to-do and so on.

EDIT: I could imagine that an Ireland - Georgia Rugby game in 1066 would have been something like this:

bd_viking_battle_re_enactment.jpg

Can ye spot tha' ball yet? :D

Yeeeah!!!!! :lol2tn: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Could be great to watch :cheers: :lol2tn: :cheers: :lol2tn: :cheers:

And then two nations would sit around the tabel and have a drink of wine :cheers: :cheers: as both are fond of drinking.

I hope that was not a black joke about the recent warcampaign :ranting:

Well we should start our own 6 nations cup, Georgia, Ireland, Belgium ( as we have some many beers and start to improve or rugby as well)

The brave Belgians, according to Caessar the bravest of all people who he ever fought to.

Could be great with Beer and Flags and everything for comfortable rugby watch

Sittin and watching all the rugby with ours takin place

rugby-beer-s.jpg

p33245z2.jpg

steinlager-rugby-bones.jpg

And surely girls girls girls girls

rugby%20world%20cup%20babes%20naked%202.jpg

victorias_secret.jpg

YEAH I WANT THAT YAAAAA

i think the georgian forward are great probally the best in the minow countries that compete at the world cup as someone said before it here back that let them down. i think we might see some upsets fromthem inthe near future.

Thanks lwkfella1991 for your kind words about Georgian players

Believe me thats the thing that makes Georgians happy and drives us to the future success, challenges and interest in this amazing play Rugby

Georgian rugby just in its way to make first steps and boys really try hard to make it loud

And posts like yours and others and interest to Georgian rugby motivate guys even more and more

I think this will guarantee better future of Georgian rugby

Thanks again brother

610x.jpg

Latest posts