• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

Hahahaha, found a massive exploit. If you get a penalty on the side line at a decent range to the oppositions try line, choose kick for goal and angle the ball to the sideline and into the ground. Tap A as quick as you can and you'll grubber it towards the goal line. Your kicker can then jog over, pick up the ball and score without any issues.

Anyway, not a fan. I can't justify paying $100 for rugby 08 with an xbox360 logo, not when rugby challenge is coming out - and especially when that game has club premierships. I just can't get past the chance to redeem the Brumbies shitty 2011 season in Super Rugby.

The Lineouts are contestable. Won the first one - the hooker moves his arm ever so slightly and then you can pick your jumper. From this version (mode) of lineouts it will be a 1 in 3 shot. You can't pick the first jumper and steal the CPU's ball like in 08.

On Rugby 08 this was the simpler arcade line out, but you could change it up - likely to be available on full release (i'm thinking)

The tap from line was contestable, challenged my little brother, he had it on the 5m line and I smashed him. Twice. Just pick your tackler and nail him.

It doesn't look like too much fun challenging the CPU but this will definitely be a co-op/online game.

Played Rugby 08 immediately after - have to say, Rugby 08 is more 'arcadey' (is that a word?). Animations and Player Graphics are much better than 08 but as a next Gen game?

Time will tell.

chip kick is sick.
drop goals are way better then 08.
graphics are beautiful.
replays are useless unless you love watching the ball being grounded.
where are the dummys?
nice to see kicking tees.
crowd sounds good.
breakdowns are good.
poaching the ball is a great feature.

good job HB :D

ps. i tossed Foden with the nastiest hand off... and absolutely loved it

have you tried passing left the right really fast? that "should" be a dummy.

still waiting for psn to be updated (even though I am at work and i am not holding my breath for it to be done today)

chip kick is sick.
drop goals are way better then 08.
graphics are beautiful.
replays are useless unless you love watching the ball being grounded.
where are the dummys?
nice to see kicking tees.
crowd sounds good.
breakdowns are good.
poaching the ball is a great feature.

good job HB :D

ps. i tossed Foden with the nastiest hand off... and absolutely loved it

so it's downloadable in Canada on PSN now?

have you tried passing left the right really fast? that "should" be a dummy.

still waiting for psn to be updated (even though I am at work and i am not holding my breath for it to be done today)

Dummy by holding L2 (LT) and pressing the direction you want to dummy to

Played today a few times very easy to pick up and play, finally a rugby video game!!!!!!!!!!!!cant wait to get my hands in both games!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say the game is a bit of a disappointment, but considering the hype around any rugby game these days, i'm not surprised about the comments. For me, the demo has just about enough additional gameplay to justify it, but it is essentially R08 engine smoothened up a bit and given a bit more finesse.

Personally, the licenses.. if you can't get them, you can't get them and we have to make do. Auckland stadium is not Eden Park, but it's not going to notice too much unless you know that stadium very well.

Also, the game will have to have an easy mode really, as most people who are new to rugby gaming need to feel like they can play the game like a pro and win within a few attempts.

I'd say this game needs some desperate DLC. Retro players and kits would be nice as well as fixing some little issues.

Demo not to good. Single player not up to next gen sports games standard. Although this game could be fun playing multi player I dont think its much more than a arcade representation of the real thing. I will buy the game. Sidhes RC looks better and better by the day I just wish that RC was coming out first so I wouldnt have to buy RWC.

Guys, We don't know when the Demo will be out on PSN in Australia or New Zealand or in fact anywhere... All we do know is that it is PAL only countries that are getting the demo... We weren't expecting the xbox demo until 8pm GMT yesterday it came out around 10/11ish GMT. Hope that helps but please stop asking the same questions, once its out we will let you know.

Video for the non-gold members who'd like a look at the game. (Not sure if a gameplay video has been posted already, feel free to remove if it has)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuMA3cZKXYc

Having played both, I feel I'm justified in comparing the two, and can say I much prefer Rugby Challenge.
Thanks for the video...excellent!

Well after watching this I am getting excited about getting the demo tomorrow. It looks good.....and I am already sensing possibilities.

Don't tell me us SouthAfricans have to wait for this demo??? The xbox guys have to wait I hope its not the same with PS3

Last edited:
Guys, We don't know when the Demo will be out on PSN in Australia or New Zealand or in fact anywhere... All we do know is that it is PAL only countries that are getting the demo... We weren't expecting the xbox demo until 8pm GMT yesterday it came out around 10/11ish GMT. Hope that helps but please stop asking the same questions, once its out we will let you know.

Soo whens the demo coming out for Australia or New Zealand?

Latest posts