• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

Don't believe i said that it was completely gone on higher difficulties but much improved mostly due to how much tougher the defence is in general on the higher difficulties. I think the TRF guys said it was still there to some degree in their play tests so not sure why you seem to think we said it was completely gone. What I did mention is that while we were addressing it the issues that arose were that it made the game much more difficult. This is great on harder difficulties but not on an easier difficulty setting. On Easy we want people to score tries and lots of them.

I will say again that we most definitely have been listening to feedback, in fact we invested quite a bit of time on the bunching contrary to popular belief but our attempts led to other gameplay breaking issues. It is certainly something we want to abolish but we need to do so without breaking the rest of the game, its a challenge and unfortunately not one we have been able to overcome completely at this stage.

I don't consider anyone on here is a troll or hater as long as the feedback is constructive. I consider this post constructive.

We are listening and will continue to listen. When the dust settles we will be taking all of the feedback from the demo on board to see what we can patch, or consider for future versions if/when they come to pass.

Does this mean that you're wanting to stick with the same core gameplay foundation (that causes the bunching) you built in 2004? I would have hoped that you would want to start from scratch since there has been more changes in the real game of rugby.
To me, neither game this year is a building block for future rugby ***les. The games made in 2003/04 were.
I don't care about the same animations. Use the same ones again, just with an engine for structure of play built from the ground up. That would be a building block. I just feel that nobody at HB cares that the current one is flawed so much and tweaks won't change that

Last edited:
stink. That means it's released on the 4th in NZ which is in PAL territory. They lied! :eek: *sobs*

Does anynone in SA know when is the usual update time for the SA PSN store

Chluss I heard one comment on a local SA forum that it updates @5pm and another that it updates @8pm

Please say that was a typo and you ment PM and not AM

I did mean AM. I have habitually been up till all hours every week on a Wednesday night in New Zealand and when the update comes through I am usually on it within 30mins of it going up. I know how it goes, as I've literally seen the timing of updates be fairly constant, ever since Sony moved back from Friday updates in New Zealand to Thursday, which has been some time now. The updates happen pretty much always between 2am and 5am New Zealand time.

I would be guessing sometime between 3.00am and 4.30am NZ time. That's what it's been lately.

On the Playstation Blog - http://blog.eu.playstation.com/ They always list what is coming in the next update about 2-3 hours before it is officially on the store.

That update list will appear at some point between now and 1am (approx) New Zealand time.

You can count on my info being almost certainly right barring a complete change in how PSN does it's update this week, which would be VERY strange and out of the ordinary.

this game is fun, but its too easy to pick and drive and Du Preez is tearing up the english defence from behind the ruck and off the lineout (middle throw)

i hope the harder difficulties are harder, I'm scoring between 21-42 points every time i play

hey does anyone know how to head high LOL i noticed the comp does it but i cant seem to do it to them LOL

i know you may ask why i need it, well sometimes it works and i gt a knockon out of it :D im willing to take the risk haha

I have played the demo now about 30- 40 times. Im based in Australia and I can say it is getting worst the more I play it. Its set to easy so there is no point complainig about how easy it is. But jeez if youre looking for Rugby simulation you will not find it in this game. The game plays exactly like I remember 08 did just faster.

This could be good multi player but Single player will have zero longevity especially with no game modes other than RWC.

Gameplay wise nothing higher than Arcade level at best.

I think I will buy this to help me bridge the gap whilst waiting for Rugby Challenge.

RWC demo 5/10- No All Blacks- No simulation- No longevity.

This game would suit being dowloadable from the Xbox arcade section.

I have played the demo now about 30- 40 times. Im based in Australia and I can say it is getting worst the more I play it. Its set to easy so there is no point complainig about how easy it is. But jeez if youre looking for Rugby simulation you will not find it in this game. The game plays exactly like I remember 08 did just faster.

This could be good multi player but Single player will have zero longevity especially with no game modes other than RWC.

I think I will buy this to help me bridge the gap whilst waiting for Rugby Challenge.

its got the tour modes for all 20 teams, plus a player editor, so you can, with a bit of effort and time, turn it into the proper all blacks and wallabies

?

i am the only person who thinks this "easy mode" is nearly the same as 08 hard mode?

Guys, I love the demo and game, however I think there may be something wrong with the way you put in B. habana'e kicking. Once after calling a mark, he punted it straight off the back of the pitch, with time remaining. Once after calling a Mark on the left side of the field, he punted it straight across to the right, easily 80% of the width of the pitch, also with time remaining. He also took a drop goal attempt in open play on his 10m line.Just helping you get it perfect on release.

Latest posts