• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

there is alotof moaning on this forum but i cannot see why.Yes it looks like 08 but i personally think it's alot different. I carn't wait for the game even more now and mabey a future game from HB :)

Got it.

Still trying to work out exactly what the new timeline is for those in SA. Not looking imminent at this point. My apologies to all in SA awaiting the demo.

Is this a problem with psn aswell?

Guys: anyone in South Africa able to see the Xbox demo if you change your region setting to the UK or similar?

For the PSN you just need to create a new account which will take about two minutes, download it and as long as you keep your account still on your PS3, you can play whatever you downloaded on your main account. You can't change region for either Xbox or PS3 but for PS3 I know creating a new account is fine while still playing it on your old one. It will even still download if you log out and into your main account and you can access all download management from the original account.

Is this a problem with psn aswell?

Yes, it was from the PSN EU blog which I pulled out that showed that South Africa will not be receiving the demo. Follow my advice from the post above and you should be sweet if you have a PS3.

commentary team can be changed as the demo is loading up, be aware if you choose the french commentary team all the instructions are in french also. Lucky I remember some french from school (30 yrs ago!)

I'm not a serious gamer but the demo is very playable although a 3 mins each way game would be better. Still can't wait for the full game.

just won 42-0 but i am dissapointed in this game tbh. its better than 08 but i prefer the look of rugby challenge with its graphics and use of euphoria engine from rockstar so you run more freely like red dead and madden (not sure if madden uses euphoria)

Yes, it was from the PSN EU blog which I pulled out that showed that South Africa will not be receiving the demo. Follow my advice from the post above and you should be sweet if you have a PS3.

Ok to be clear i create a new account and select my region as uk for example?

I am really enjoying the demo so far. It actually looks quite nice visually and is very fun to play. Idiots get an idea in their head before even trying and don't wanna change. Thanks HB, you have made a game which will have some longlivity and sets a great benchmark for Sidhe and all Next gen rugby games!

EDIT: Just scored a beauty with Flood. Threw a dummy in midfield and the defender got sucked in, hit the gap for a run it. Felt so rewarding! Can't wait fot the full game now.

Last edited:
I'm really enjoying the demo and I cant wait for the full game to come out. I noticed when playing multiplayer that south Africa are much better at rucking and I like the new rucking system. I will be changing the camera angle on the full game.

Hi guys I'm sure a lot of people already asked this question but please be kind enough to answer it once more. I really have no time to look for the answer on a 50 page thread.... When will demo be available on PS3 ? and how are you guys playing the game its not on PSN yet... or are you using Xbox ?

Hi guys I'm sure a lot of people already asked this question but please be kind enough to answer it once more. I really have no time to look for the answer on a 50 page thread.... When will demo be available on PS3 ? and how are you guys playing the game its not on PSN yet... or are you using Xbox ?

If your based in Georgia, I am not sure you will get the demo yet, as it has only been released to PAL countries.. you will have to check with Sony I am afraid... The demo is available on PSN in the UK and other places.