• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RWC 2011 Demo - Your thoughts?

I've got to stop trying to kick 50 metre penalties as I haven't scored one yet :)

Last edited:
If your based in Georgia, I am not sure you will get the demo yet, as it has only been released to PAL countries.. you will have to check with Sony I am afraid... The demo is available on PSN in the UK and other places.
No I'm in New York at this moment but demo is still not available. not a single word about Rugby

No I'm in New York at this moment but demo is still not available. not a single word about Rugby

Right Demo is not out in America today, it should be out at a later date, but unsure of when that is... This is Sony and not HB Studios or 505 Games.

Sorry

PSN in North America is not on the same timeline as Xbox and PSN in the rest of the world, I'm afraid. More detail to follow on this one.

Anybody else managed to get 'held-up'? I sniped with Youngs from close range and he was double tackled and ended up on his back over the line and the ball never actually touched the ground (an animation that was in 08 I'm pretty sure), but it was still pretty cool that no try was awarded, when it would have been in 08. :)

Right Demo is not out in America today, it should be out at a later date, but unsure of when that is... This is Sony and not HB Studios or 505 Games.

Sorry
Disappointed.. I was really waiting for this demo :( oh well, Im going to buy this game even if its terrible so i guess don't really need a demo anyway.

Anybody else managed to get 'held-up'? I sniped with Youngs from close range and he was double tackled and ended up on his back over the line and the ball never actually touched the ground (an animation that was in 08 I'm pretty sure), but it was still pretty cool that no try was awarded, when it would have been in 08. :)

Cool, that's something we didn't experience on our playtest... so that's really cool if it does happen

Finished my first game.

Basically they have fixed everything that was wrong with 08, improved the graphics and the breakdown immensely, and made little improvements here and there. Good stuff, happy to buy it. 8/10. People who go into the game thinking it will be some completely new never seen before game will be disappointed, but that would be their own problem. The only issue here seems to be the lack of things to do on the game, hopefully we see rugby12 with lots of club comps and a season mode/manager mode.

Does anyone know if you can gain penalties from the opposition at scrum time and is there any way of getting penalty tries? Perhaps HB_AJ could enlighten me :)

Anyone get a penalty try yet? I had Nick Easter tackled just short of the try line, and South Africa infringed in the ruck just as I was about to pick up and drive over line, and it gave me a penalty try.

Find yourself and xbox 360, can find a used or refurbished model cheap in the US 75.00 - 100.00. My old xbox got the ring of death the day before the demo, can you believe that? Was second ring of death in a year, this time it was un able to be repaired. Lasted 5-6 years, good excuse to get a nice new shiny black one, ha,ha, so I did.
Cheers and salud

Has anyone noticed you can control the scrum half at the scrum using the left analogue stick?

Well when i use the stick it pushes or wheel the scrum, i seem to have no control over the number 9.

Why do you have to say that? i was asking a legitimate question

"Please tell me the game will be better than this" looks more like a statement to me. a legitimate question would be more along the lines of "Do you think the real product will be better than the demo?" Emphasis on the question mark, that helps.

Latest posts